PDA

View Full Version : Any Pyrotechnic Value for this type of lighter?

displayfireworks1
04-15-2018, 06:38 PM
I am wondering if there is any value to exploring a lighter like this for fireworks? I recently purchased this for my wife to light candles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ2wXm_A9wA&feature=youtu.be

Mattp
04-15-2018, 07:57 PM
That is definitely a pretty cool lighter.. kind of like a mini taser.. but im sure it would work great for lighting visco. And woild most likely light everytime when charged.. whereas even a torch doesnt light every time

matandch
04-15-2018, 09:27 PM
No. It's will easily foul up because it is made for lighting candles not fireworks. Stick with road flares or propane torch.

cherrybomb1
04-16-2018, 02:28 AM
I"ll buy one just for the "cool factor"but as far as the practicality of lighting fireworks in the dark i"ll stick with my Bernz0matic TS 8000 Map/pro.

Kenny East
04-16-2018, 02:30 AM
I've seen guys lighting fireworks with the Zippo rule version of that... I don't know how long it worked and if the spark gap would foul out and stop working... Only one way to know for sure

NorthernKYPyro
04-16-2018, 04:32 PM
My friend has a smaller version of this type of lighter. we've tried using it to mess around with bottle rockets and it isn't worth it. After a couple dozen lights the end gets gunked up with carbon from the fuses. If it clogs that quickly with tiny bottle rocket fuses I have no interest in using them on big artillery shell fuses. I'm gonna stick with my TS4000