PDA

View Full Version : Best consumer ball shells 2018?

Jay_
04-13-2018, 11:10 PM
Hi folks, i'm looking to add a case of ball shells to my wholesale order, but i cant decide on which ones i need.

I did Black Cat burning rings of fire last year with some Brothers American Chief shells mixed in and it was ok but id like to have them go a little higher and break a little bigger.

Any suggestions from anyone? Has anyone tried the top shelf shells from Dominator? They look interesting.

pimpdaddee28
04-14-2018, 12:36 AM
If you don't mind artillery shells with mines, then All Up with Graceful Mine by Winda (or even the Depth Alone shells by Winda) are very nice!! I think the Depth Alone shells are either new for this year or they were new for 2017. The Fixin to Fire shells by Shogun are very good, but only the version that has the shells in the bag. Those are the older versions. Today's version of Fixin to Fire is completely watered down and they come with the shells being placed inside of a piece of cardboard (just like your average artillery shell kit). If you ever come across the older versions, definitely pick them up!!

O-H-Pyro 95
04-14-2018, 01:02 AM
Any suggestions from anyone? Has anyone tried the top shelf shells from Dominator? They look interesting.

Many years ago somewhere around 2011 I bought a couple boxes of Top shelf artillery shells and they were comparable to American Chief or Super magnums in terms of their performance. Today I’m not sure how they are now if they’ve been watered down since then like the Shogun shells are.

My vote for Ball shells were “All up with graceful mine” and the Cutting Edge “Liberty Artillery shells” I had in an assortment kit last year. Nice symmetry and decent noise also they had Tails too!

Kenny East
04-14-2018, 06:31 AM
Really depends on what choices you have available from where you're placing your order from, as well as what effects and colors you want.

The top shelf by dominator are okay, not the best but better than regular festival balls.

Depth alone and out class by winda have nice breaks. All up with graceful mine is a good mine to break shell.

World class has the super magnum with tails, usually a good choice.

Big has chameleon shells, which are color changing.

Magnus has alien made, which is a good egg shell.

Black cat has burning rings of fire and sky ink which are both pattern loaded.

Breaks depend on the brand, the effects, and how good of a day the person in China making them was having. Some of the bigger brands have better quality control, which means consistency. If you want ball shells to go a little higher, shoot them from a tighter fitting tube... Dr11 isn't very snug for ball shells, dr9 will be a closer for and give you a higher break.

jknepp1954
04-14-2018, 07:27 AM
If we get our Universal order in - Top Power and Hong Kong Harry shells are excellent too.
We at Kneppy's Currently have in stock Windas Outclass shells and also All up With Graceful Mines. We even have CE Liberty Artillery shells - which are actually rewraps of WC Super Mags w/tails.

upNdown
04-14-2018, 12:47 PM
I’ll tell you what’s not great is M.I.A reloadable mine shells from Dragon. I got a box of these last week and was very excited for them. I figured after testing, I’d end up buying at least a couple more boxes to stagger them throughout my 60 gram shell racks. No. Unless the one I fired was just a dud, I gotta say these are a big disappointment. I’m not sure how many grams of powder are in these shells, but it can’t be much.

Jay_
04-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!

They all look good, i really like the all up w/graceful mines. Question though, i'm planning on shooting 78 of these out of 2 different racks with a mix of visco, perfect fuse, and quick fuse...a 50 shot and 28 shot. Will the mine effect increase my risk of accidental ignition and sending them all up at once?

Kenny East
04-14-2018, 09:33 PM
Out some foil tape over the tips of the tubes... Most visco and shell leader fuse isn't that easy to cross fire. It shouldn't be a problem, just keep the fuse in line over the tubes being fired... Keep extra pieces and longer lengths of leader fuse cut off or tucked into that tube.

MtnViewPyro
04-14-2018, 11:19 PM
Yeah Kenny is correct. Foil tape is the way to go. I had no problem last year.

NorthernKYPyro
04-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Dream team shells were amazing. Round bursts and very loud breaks. Phantom sells them for 70 BOGO but if you keep an eye out for a coupon they're reasonable

Jay_
05-20-2018, 11:58 AM
I went with the all up w/graceful mine on my first order. Shot a few of them last night and they are very good! Thanks for the recommendation!

When pulling one out of the package I accidentally pulled off the lift cup, so I figured I’d take the opportunity to cut one open and see what is inside.

Lift charge= 5 grams

Mine effect stars= 2 grams. One cool side note is that the mine is on the very top of the shell (hence why they are egg shaped). There is a small piece of quickmatch that runs from the lift charge to the mine effect to give you the blast out of the tube.

Stars and burst= 22 grams. There are some rice hulls inside and I don’t know exactly what they do.

Anyway all and all these are very good ball shells at a good price in my opinion.

rppyro
05-21-2018, 09:00 PM
I Bought a couple of different ball shells from Kneppy's this weekend. Outclass shells by Winda and Absolute power shells (I think were winda were both really nice. And I bought "liberty artillery" by cutting edge. They were great as well. I would recommend anyone of the three. All three looked similar in quality, except absolute power had a very nice silver tail.