PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Layer Canister shells

O-H-Pyro 95
04-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Hey everyone, we all love our canister shells but there’s a type of canister shells I seen on the market known as multi layered canister shells; one example is the “Grucci dual layer canister shells” by phantom. The shells have a mine effect and then a burst charge that looks potent.

I only seen a couple vids on these type of shells and was wondering what your take on these are and if they’re worth the price.

O-H-Pyro 95
04-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Here’s another multi layer shell made by red apple that looks intriguing. https://youtu.be/LLN9OuxeZLw

Kenny East
04-05-2018, 05:31 AM
The ones by red apple are just mines... No breaks, not familiar with the phantom ones. There are several mine to break shells on the market.

I like the colors and effects of the red apple ghost mines, but they're not as cheap as dominator pro line.. Couldn't justify spending that much per shot on mines

jamisonlm3
04-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Those Phantom shells look pretty nice.

pimpdaddee28
04-10-2018, 11:53 AM
I came close to buying a case of those Dual Layer cans from BJ Alan a few years ago, but they weren't in stock at the time (I think it was during the first year that these shells were in production). I remember also wanting to try out the Dream Team ball shells by Pyro Planet and even those weren't in stock, lol. I remember calling them again the next year and asking about them, but I got the same response..."not in stock." They seem to be very popular shells, but I can't justify paying that much for them at Phantom. At least buying them wholesale at BJ Alan makes the price per box more reasonable than having to spend all that money for 2 boxes (3 if your lucky enough to have a B1G2 free coupon). $130 for 24 (or 36) canister shells is absolutely ridiculous (that's anywhere from $4 to $5 per shell). The $250 that you'd spend for a case of 8 shell kits (96 total shells) at BJ Alan isn't a great deal, but at least you're only paying about $2.50 per shell. Still can't believe that there are people out there who justify paying $130 for 24 canister shells. I get that they have mines, but that's pretty much the same as paying $130 for any traditional 60 gram canister shell kit out there. Even for retail pricing, THAT'S INSANE!! Lol.

morrison2951
08-13-2019, 10:20 PM
The newest mine effects canister shells coming to market this year are Your Tube from T Sky Fireworks and they are literally the hardest hitting shells.... the mines are a bonus!

joed2323
08-14-2019, 08:27 AM
correct me if I'm wrong but these are basically just a reloadable comet w/mine?

If you have access to any 1.4 proline items by dominator or spirit might as well just go after which effects you are looking for

I remember when they quit making the critical acclaim mine kits, i went out and bought 2 cases before they discontinued them, then I got into proline product and I still have a case leftover due to moving into e-fire

I believe world class brought them back last year, cant remember if they are still called "critical acclaim" or not.

morrison2951
08-14-2019, 09:34 AM
Here are the Your Tube mine shells from T Sky.... it's saying something if they bust the mortar rack!

https://youtu.be/PitssFmMmCw

DavidthePyro
08-22-2019, 06:25 AM
Wildcat Cartridges by Real tree have a small mine effect, they also break 50 ft higher than most shells( not to mention more round and much bigger) out of 12in dr11. Most consistent shells I've seen yet. I had 40 go off with 40 excals, 40 sniper and 48 Super Nova, they were twice the size and the bottom of the breaks were above the top of the breaks of the other shells.