PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania 5 Mile Exclusion Map

displayfireworks1
03-30-2018, 06:09 PM
Apparently there is some ruling about temporary fireworks tents and their proximity to a permanent Consumer Fireworks retail location. Please visit the link I provided , it is a map of all of the retail locations licensed in Pennsylvania. You can somehow type in an address of a potential tent location and the software will provide you with some distance figures. We now can see all of the current brick and mortar locations in the state. Most of these were already established locations prior to the new law. Note, all the stores along the Pennsylvania border in an old attempt to attract out of state customers. Now that residence of PA can purchase , this map will look different in a few years. Check it out.
https://padeptag.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=b18fdb0451524b2f9e47ffda7f9718de

Northern Sky
04-01-2018, 08:29 AM
That's handy. Thanks Dave. I had no idea most of those exixted.

Icooclast
04-01-2018, 08:39 AM
thanks. you do a lot for us pyros. lol. and i'm sure i speak for most here when i say... thanks for everything you do

PTFan
04-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Is it 5 miles driving distance or 5 miles of circumference ?

jknepp1954
04-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Is it 5 miles driving distance or 5 miles of circumference ?

The way the crow flies - straight! so actually 5 miles RADIUS

displayfireworks1
04-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Isn't that a great map and how it outlines all the retail outlets? All these years Pennsylvania was only sparkles and if you were lucky fountains. I can't wait to see what the landscape of my neighborhood is going to look like this year. I would be willing to bet the average citizen in Pennsylvania has no idea the full line of Consumer Fireworks are legal this year. For some reason I am having a hard time believing the police are not going to try to come up with something to stop or slow it. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

PyroMike79
04-07-2018, 01:00 AM
Isn't that a great map and how it outlines all the retail outlets? All these years Pennsylvania was only sparkles and if you were lucky fountains. I can't wait to see what the landscape of my neighborhood is going to look like this year. I would be willing to bet the average citizen in Pennsylvania has no idea the full line of Consumer Fireworks are legal this year. For some reason I am having a hard time believing the police are not going to try to come up with something to stop or slow it. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I wish you folks luck with your fireworks laws. I live right on the Mississippi river-a stones throw from Iowa and their fireworks legalization has been something close to a disaster. Virtually every city of any size has sharply curtailed or outright banned their use and also placed extremely stringent regulations on sales. Part of this is on the pyro's who went a bit overboard last year but the reaction has been so extreme that it is going to be harder to shoot fireworks now than when they were "illegal". It has been a very disappointing situation to observe as an enthusiast.

jknepp1954
04-07-2018, 06:14 AM
I wish you folks luck with your fireworks laws. I live right on the Mississippi river-a stones throw from Iowa and their fireworks legalization has been something close to a disaster. Virtually every city of any size has sharply curtailed or outright banned their use and also placed extremely stringent regulations on sales. Part of this is on the pyro's who went a bit overboard last year but the reaction has been so extreme that it is going to be harder to shoot fireworks now than when they were "illegal". It has been a very disappointing situation to observe as an enthusiast.
Thanks. But Somehow I have this gut feeling that because this was not properly written this years results are going to sharply determined whats going on next year. But wait and see I guess.
Joyce