PDA

View Full Version : affordable insurance for 1.3g backyard show

Dnascardaddy
03-29-2018, 12:46 PM
I recently got my type 54 license last season. Im having trouble finding afforable insurance.
My township wants 3,000,000.00 liability and 500,000.00 propery coverage. I was just trying
to add some kick to my finale with some salutes and 6 inch product. to my 1.4g stuff.
I live in Macomb County Michigian,anyone have some awnswers ?

Pyropug
03-30-2018, 12:19 AM
Don’t think your going to find anything less then $1500 a show or $15,000 annually

ilovecrackle
03-30-2018, 01:31 AM
Good luck with that. Play with the big boy items, gotta pay the big boy price. lol :D :p

jknepp1954
03-30-2018, 06:21 AM
Sometimes if you buy enough 1.3 from a 1.3 dealer you could buy ship/show insurance from them.
or....
There was an insurance lady on here one Time - DEBBIE MERLINO - she sold insurance for the pyro industry - was suppose to have insurance pkg for the hobbiest - Combined Speciatlties was name of company -

Pyropug
03-30-2018, 09:32 AM
http://combinedspecialties.com/index.html

I just filled out a quote form, I’m interested to see how much it costs myself. Depending on your state the insurances are the biggest hurdle. I’m in WI for their part there is no licsences for pyrotechnition only proof of show insurance and local municipality permit. If I’m wrong someone correct me on this.

You could always join a club and do shows at a shoot.

Dnascardaddy
03-30-2018, 11:47 AM
Thanks for your input everyone know I have some light at the end of the tunnel !

Pyropug
03-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Dave should chime in here on this, after all he is the one that promotes people to get their atf. What we do now dave so we can safely and legally shoot 1.3?

displayfireworks1
03-30-2018, 06:55 PM
Pyropug what are you my attorney? Don't tell me what I should chime in or out on. I should start making a list of you and few other ones that are here and refugees from Europe. Your going to get you Visa revoked.
At Dnascardaddy , In reading some of your prior post I see you have some extenuating circumstances surrounding your explosive privileges. I am also wondering your property size moving into 6 inch shells. Send an email to the link my pretend attorney posted in post #5 and see what they tell you. I also suggest to call the insurance company you are using to insurance your current property. Last I heard there is no affordable insurance on any high risk endeavors . The average one day policy is around $1500.00 for 1.3 fireworks. Most people I know shoot fireworks with and/or without insurance/permits. The decision is yours.

Pyropug
03-31-2018, 11:27 AM
Sorry you took this as a personal attack, it wasn’t an attack. I’m stating the facts, never have I seen you give any advice after acquiring an atf permit. You had an open forum to explain, instead you attacked me, why?

This comment you made “Most people I know shoot fireworks with and/or without insurance/permits. The decision is yours“, is very disturbing and grossly irresponsible.

I heard the rumors, but I gave you the benefit of, let me see who you are approach. I’m not one of your so called “select” few enemies, btw. I’ve watched and enjoyed your videos for many years. I’ve supported some of your advertisers and given then my business. Right now I have a sour taste in my mouth.

If you decide to ban me for this post, you need to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.

displayfireworks1
04-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Pyropug Lets get something straight , you don't give me the benefit of anything. I don't even know who the hell you are or your name. But the general theme of what you say sounds awful familiar. What is your name by the way? Someone know who is guy is? Does he work for a display company? I have been getting feedback a lot of professional fireworks companies are getting worried about all these people getting ATF licensed , fireworks firing systems , computer software , designing fireworks displays etc.
I'm going to give you a 3 day vacation in Amsterdam, when you come back I want to know who you are and what is your role is all this ATF license stuff you are so concerned about. You sound like more than just an average concerned citizen. You baited me and caught me.
http://www.pack-your-passport.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/why-i-keep-going-back-to-amsterdam-pinterest.png

Northern Sky
04-02-2018, 07:38 PM
I wait with baited breath.

ilovecrackle
04-02-2018, 08:14 PM
I wait with baited breath.

Yeah really.

Good Lord.... LOL

ilovecrackle
04-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Pyropug Lets get something straight , you don't give me the benefit of anything.

So your basically saying everyone should just believe these "so called rumors" about you and not join your website to find out for themselves? I did the same thing a few years ago and was met with the same hostility and sarcasm you are showing pyro bug for doing nothing wrong.

Yeah, yeah, I know. In your words "who am I to give you the benefit of anything". But i did anyways and well, It was not proven to me those rumors were wrong.

Just because someone questions something you post or mentions you should chime in on something because they obviously feel you know more on the subject then they do, or says something you just don't like, It doesn't mean It's a personal attack on you.

And no, this is not a "personal attack" on you. This is just me stating what iv seen here over the years.
But I know you will perceive this as a personal attack on you, you will come back with a sarcastic and demeaning response to me and ban me. That is totally expected and will just further prove what I have typed here.

Contrary to what you think, the entire world is not against you.

So to all my friends I have made over the past few years here, obviously this will be my last post so it was great chatting with and getting to know all of you!

Crackle-man signing off...

PyroMike79
04-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Eh, come on guys. Lets not make more out of this than is needed. Too much drama in this hobby as it is.

Like many things in life, the issue comes down to risk aversion and common sense. Don't be the dumbass lighting salutes off in the middle of the street or setting off 4" color shells in an alley. (see YouTube for any number of references). No company is going to cover you to shoot off 1.3 in a residential neighborhood or urban environment.

Get an appropriate place to shoot, invite or at least inform any neighbors that you may have. Don't blast thunderkings and salutes all day. Have your 15 minute show and call it a night. If you do those things chances are you will be just fine. You need to decide at that point whether insurance makes sense for you. Personally I would not bother if you are a once a year 1.3 guy. If you plan on shooting 5 or 6 shows a year, then grab some coverage. Broken down per show it is not that bad.

I get that this is a sensitive issue to some and I understand why, but people getting huffy about it accomplishes nothing. If the insurance issue is a real hang-up for you then scratch the itch by joining a club or going to a demo night or convention. There are many uses for a 54. And just because you live on Main Street USA doesn't mean your license cant be used to do a show on that 3 acres of land your brother-in-law has out in the country. It is a Federal license after all. Be creative in your thinking.

But lets all calm down a few notches. Just getting into the fun time of year. Looking forward to some demo videos and checking out some new products. Getting my show planned out already. Enjoying fireworks. Isn't that why all of us are here?

displayfireworks1
04-04-2018, 06:33 PM
The first post his guy is going to make if he comes back is what is name is and what he does with fireworks. I do not debate critical issues with anonymous escapees from other fireworks forums. See you other guys in 3 days when you get back from Amsterdam.

Pyropug
04-06-2018, 07:33 AM
What is the matter with you Dave!?! Seriously somthing happened to you to become so delusional and paranoid. I’m not your enemy nor am I some agent. It’s not healthy to be so paranoid. Please ban me for life! And tell YouTube to stop recomending your videos to me. I’m done with you, just like many have before. YOU REALLY ARE NOT THE FIREWORK KING THAT YOU THINK YOU ARE.

displayfireworks1
04-06-2018, 07:38 PM
The poster on the thread is a Shill. This stuff happens every April at the start of fireworks season. It’s all designed to make me say something to give this group ammunition to stop the ATF license movement that occurred over the last 8 years. Unless you believe they are truly concerned about everyone’s insurance portfolio. I can’t stop what they want to do or how they feel. But it is not going to happen where I pay the rent. I can’t let ½ of 1% of anonymous disgruntled users of fireworks contaminate this website. I don’t answer to a small group of anonymous hate filled mid-level users of fireworks. This is why I tell owners of companies that advertise with me. As the owner you do not want to be the one posting on the forums, have someone else in the company do it if you can. Why? Because one of these anonymous assholes with nothing to lose will come on to provoke you into saying something you will regret.
To all the other users of the pyrotalk forums please do not feel this affects you. I am proud to be part of helping many of you advance into pyrotechnics. I appreciate the support of all of advertisers. The safety record and performance level of the privately held ATF license holder continues to amaze me. We are entering the start of the 2018 fireworks season, it is time to stay focused and attend one of the many fireworks demos that are scheduled.

RalphieJ
04-06-2018, 10:43 PM
I'm going way back, 30 or so years ago the insurance fees for a long-established display company with an excellent claim-free record was 25% of the RETAIL price of each show. So, you're invoicing the client $10,000? Pony up $2,500. I don't recall the details of the coverage except that the shooters were covered for $1M.