PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Builder new pyrotalk member

displayfireworks1
03-28-2018, 08:43 PM
I am going to start this post to introduce a fireworks enthusiast that builds fireworks. He enjoys pyrotechnics and works part time for a professional company. I am excited to a add a fireworks builder onto the forums. Please welcome Gary. I'll let his introductory YouTube video explain the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46wXHcB1Qk

glnunn
03-28-2018, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the intro. I've been building for awhile and thought a YouTube channel for novice builders would be helpful.
The next video will be building a ball shell. I also plan on de-constructing some commercial shells to show how various effects are made and constructed.
I'll also post some of the shows I work.

vegassalute
03-28-2018, 09:21 PM
Good stuff, glad to see more builders joining! Welcome! I'm really looking forward to following your posts & media!

Kenny East
03-29-2018, 05:35 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk, look forward to your future videos. Always enjoy checking out the techniques of other builders.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-29-2018, 10:05 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk. Glad to see another builder joining the ranks!

Rick_In_Tampa
03-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard Gary!! Very much looking forward to watching your videos. I've never built a shell (or anything else) before. In fact, that's my goal this year for PGI. I want to build my first shell. With the help of your videos I should have a great head start before I get there!

glnunn
03-29-2018, 09:26 PM
I will be there also. I will be competing again in several different categories. Not sure if you've been before but signup for the classes are on Saturday. If you're not waiting in line early before they open the registration you may not get into a building class. They fill up really quick. Also I have found that the folks in manufacturing do not mind you watching them and also asking questions. You can learn a lot there. I build my shells and transport them so I don't set up there.

glnunn
03-29-2018, 09:30 PM
I'm working on a video now where I'm building a simple 4" shell. I hope to have it posted this weekend. I'll post it here as well.

rocky99
04-08-2018, 03:07 PM
Welcome Gary. Looking forward to your videos. Sounds like we have a lot in common.....and age!

CountryBoom87
05-07-2018, 10:30 AM
I will be joining the MPA midwest pyrotechnics association here soon. They let me come to one of their build and shoot nightshttp://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2988&stc=1. Was so cool watching them build these things. Some lampres and some ball shells. They made a bunch more too. Ill be joining them and learning to build soon :)

CountryBoom87
05-07-2018, 10:30 AM
Sorry for the akward placement of the picture from that night. New at these forums lol

bradman
12-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the intro. I've been building for awhile and thought a YouTube channel for novice builders would be helpful.
The next video will be building a ball shell. I also plan on de-constructing some commercial shells to show how various effects are made and constructed.
I'll also post some of the shows I work.

Welcome Gary,
I'm a really new guy, retired and looking to get into pyrotechnics. Hope to bump into you somewhere along the way as I am also from NC.

nightstalker
12-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Welcome Gary. I'm really looking forward to your videos. Haven't made a shell yet so looking for your next video.