PDA

View Full Version : Where to Order 1.3 Product with Contingency

georgiapyro
09-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi all,

I know I have posted several questions over the past few weeks, but the responses I have gotten have been very helpful. I just received Dave's video on obtaining my Type 54 license today. He answered many of my questions, but there is another that I'm curious about.

I know that I will need to get some type of contingency storage plan, but I'm now curious on the purchase of 1.3 product. I found a distributor (i'll withhold the name, since they aren't a sponsor) who is in Alabama, but they really don't have the best prices from what I have researched. So my question is, how can you purchase from a distributor further away from you, but still maintain a contingency plan? Is is even possible?

To be more specific. I live outside the ATL. If I wanted to buy from say, Kellner's or Lynch's, is that even possible to do? Or would I have to make sure the product was delivered on the day of my shoot?

I know I'm full of questions, but I just want to make sure I know some answers before I put my ATF application in the mail.

Thanks in advance!

indianahx
09-10-2011, 07:40 AM
it has to be delivered and shot the same day (within 24hrs). Or you have to pick it up and shoot same day. You are allowed to do either one by all means, but if there is any kind of hiccup that prevents you from shooting within that time period it is YOU that is responsible for getting the product stored properly.

That means you would have to drive the product all the way back xxx miles away (because I doubt the company will stick around, load your stuff back up, drive it back, and then redeliver it) unless you had a contingency plan that involves your own storage or someone who loans you their magazine. I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to buy from Lynch or whoever and then store that product at your Alabama supplier. Most distributors give you their contingency because you're buying their product. They help you out with storage, you hell them out by buying their product......