PDA

View Full Version : why do you need a permit for the 1.4g pro stuff?

Icooclast
03-20-2018, 02:41 PM
hey just wondering why you need one when they are just regular 1.4g fireworks. what's different (besides being able to be fired electronically? or is that all?

Kenny East
03-20-2018, 02:54 PM
Because it's typically not labeled for consumer use, and usually would fall into being an overload. I've never had to get a permit to buy or use pro line products... They are classed 1.4 so legally anyone can buy them, but many stores won't sell them to the general public.

PTFan
03-20-2018, 08:08 PM
Your in Ohio, go get Dave's two year 1.4 proline certificate? They are not made for the normal customers that buy three days before the Fourth! You need to show you understand the pro version is different then a normal 1.4 500g cake? Biggest difference may be the speed and types of fuses. I would agree that owning a pro type firing system, like a Cobra is a big step over the normal buy a few of these and a few of these typical buyers. But still need to understand safety, distances, quick match and angle of fall out etc....

Pyropug
03-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Biggest issue is bracing/staking and ematch ports. Think about Joe Shmoe and his drunken buddies trying to light these as novices.... that’s why they want to know you are competent. All you need for most is a PGI membership, or a local pyrotechnics club membership or even better successful completion of a PGI shooters certification course. The course locations and dates are posted on PGI’s site. Many local clubs have a course once a year. With these qualification routes you can purchase from anywhere. I believe spirt 76 is making restrictions on there pro line as well now.