PDA

View Full Version : Video received and plans in place

rkmcdon
03-19-2018, 11:30 PM
Well I received my package from Dave (Thanks Dave!). I'll watch it this week and get my application in the mail since i'm on vacation. I was also able to get in touch with a display company that does a free shooters course and offers apprenticeship slots, so i'm actually now schedule for the day course May 5 with my time on a pyro crew in April! Getting the 5 necessary for my license won't likely fit my schedule, but I should definitely have it for the 2019 season.

It looks like Cobra has a terrific sale coming up, so i hope to be able to pick up a remote and module to work that into this years backyard shoot.

All-in-all, it's looking like a good year for the burgeoning pyro in me!

Rick_In_Tampa
03-20-2018, 01:18 PM
Sounds like your life is about to get very expensive! Lol... Congrats. :cool:

rkmcdon
03-20-2018, 02:07 PM
rofl, sounds like you've already been down this road :)

Rick_In_Tampa
03-20-2018, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah... Been down the road and back again. Lol. Last year I spent 1.5 times MORE just on shipping charges than I did on my entire pyro budget just 5 years ago.

My advice to you... Go with it! Don't try to fight it. It's a losing battle. :o

vegassalute
03-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Oh yeah... Been down the road and back again. Lol. Last year I spent 1.5 times MORE just on shipping charges than I did on my entire pyro budget just 5 years ago.

My advice to you... Go with it! Don't try to fight it. It's a losing battle. :o

Amen brother. First step is admitting you have a problem. Second step is saying screw it and upping your budget!

Icooclast
03-21-2018, 12:31 AM
Amen brother. First step is admitting you have a problem. Second step is saying screw it and upping your budget!

i agree. if they want more money, just print more. lol j/k money may not grow on trees, but it is trees

Kenny East
03-21-2018, 02:59 AM
i agree. if they want more money, just print more. lol j/k money may not grow on trees, but it is trees

No money is printed on a cotton polyester blend... No trees were hurt in the making of our money. But yeah, once you start it's a slippery slope... Start the 12 step program now

Rick_In_Tampa
03-21-2018, 01:42 PM

It's like.... You're reading my mind! Lol.. :cool:

Rick_In_Tampa
03-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Start the 12 step program now

Step 1 - Buy a Cobra.
Step 2 - Buy Dave's ATF License DVD's
Step 3 - Hire a good divorce attorney
Step 4 - Come to the realization that you really can live on ramen noodles 24/7/365.
Step 5 - Chime in guys!

Mattp
03-21-2018, 03:25 PM
Hahaha
5- go online and watch every video on every product that exists...
6- do step 5 again
7- buy more mods
8- stockpile racks and fuse

Zippster
03-21-2018, 04:12 PM
Its like a clicking sickness when you get onto suppliers pages.....click add to order...click add to order....

rkmcdon
03-23-2018, 10:40 AM
Ok, I’ve got step 5 and 6 down pat. My wife just roles her eyes and turns around and walks out if she walks into a Room and I’m watching fireworks vids.
I have Dave’s dvd and will finish the app this weekend
I had big plans on cobra. Last years sale included an 18r2 bundle with an 18m for $349 which had me doing cartwheels. This year the two cost $550, which is still a great deal, but does change the math

Everything els I have a good grip on...except the ramen. I lived off of ramen for several years and I don’t think hinkni cwn day that again. BUT, I can still get 2 for one at little ceasars!