PDA

View Full Version : what is your least favorite color for a firework to have?

Icooclast
03-19-2018, 05:28 PM
hello again, another topic for discussion: what is your LEAST favorite color for a firework to have?
to be honest i'm not a big fan of cakes/shells with a lot of silver. how about you guys? it's just too plain and "meh" to me.

MontanaMike
03-21-2018, 09:25 PM
I don't have a least favorite color. As long as there is a good amount of variety of colors, I'm good.

I get a kick out of cakes that are all based on one color. "Solid Gold" by Pyro Planet is a personal fave. But I wouldn't want the whole show to be solid gold.

JoSlicknuts
03-21-2018, 10:39 PM
My least favorite color is the almost blinding bright flash that usually accompanies a big boom.

vegassalute
03-21-2018, 11:34 PM
Honestly, I don't think I have a least fav. I love them all, the more brilliant the better! Especially against a pitch-black sky! #Perfection!

ilovecrackle
03-22-2018, 04:42 AM
If you like gold, check out "hot dog" by world class. Video does not do this cake justice. It's simply amazing..... For a non crackle cake of course. ;)

I don't have a least favorite color. As long as there is a good amount of variety of colors, I'm good.

I get a kick out of cakes that are all based on one color. "Solid Gold" by Pyro Planet is a personal fave. But I wouldn't want the whole show to be solid gold.

Mattp
03-22-2018, 09:51 AM
Its not necessarily a color.. and dont get me wrong.. i love me some crackle.. but my least favorite thing is that just about all 1.4 cakes end with it.. its like the signature of consumer products.. i would like there to be some more product options as to whether you want it in there or not!!!

Rick_In_Tampa
03-22-2018, 10:38 AM
My least favorite color is black. As in black sky. My second least favorite color is sky puke. I love to see individual effects fill the sky. Preferably with bright, vibrant colors.

Rocketshooter
03-22-2018, 11:27 AM
hello again, another topic for discussion: what is your LEAST favorite color for a firework to have?
to be honest i'm not a big fan of cakes/shells with a lot of silver. how about you guys? it's just too plain and "meh" to me.

There are too many 200g and 500g cakes that are simply a sliver wave w/color tips. While a few are nice, they get very boring after a while.

Icooclast
03-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Its not necessarily a color.. and dont get me wrong.. i love me some crackle.. but my least favorite thing is that just about all 1.4 cakes end with it.. its like the signature of consumer products.. i would like there to be some more product options as to whether you want it in there or not!!!

you're preach'n to the choir on that one. already made a topic for it, look for it if you'd like.

Mattp
03-22-2018, 08:13 PM
you're preach'n to the choir on that one. already made a topic for it, look for it if you'd like.

Yes,, i thought i remembered that thread a few months ago

NorthernKYPyro
03-23-2018, 08:56 AM
I get real tired of every cake having red and green. Especially when they are crap color and only tips on gold brocades. Don't get me wrong, there are some good red and green cakes ( Cherry Drop, Greeeeeeen) but I get tired of every other cake being all red and green

Pyroman5000
03-23-2018, 11:13 AM
I don’t like a lot of silver I like nice bright neon colors. Silver and gold are ok but not a bunch of it at once. Some of the cheap cakes I notice have a lot of silver and gold in them.

beaver nation
03-23-2018, 05:53 PM
I find the often used red (not the deep red) and green combo is least liked (must be cheap to make).

PyroMike79
03-23-2018, 11:04 PM
I guess I would say my least favorite color is blue when it DOESN'T work. I hate buying a cake based on the promise of a vibrant blue, only to get that washed out whiteish blue. Purple can be almost as bad. Shooting it for the first time and getting that disappointing color is a real bummer-especially when you have an entire case of them.

PyroManiacs
03-23-2018, 11:33 PM
Im not a big fan of white/silver, unless its in some kind of larger diameter Willow/Kamuro or Palm.