PDA

View Full Version : Using LED to test firing system

glfrjerry
03-19-2018, 11:37 AM
I would like to use LED's to test the ability of the remote cue to fire multiple igniters and or the length of igniter wire that will fire reliably.
I have the Chinese system with 6v (4AA) batteries in the remote. Can anyone give me LED specs I would need to simulate the "power" needed to fire an igniter.
Also, if I put 2 igniters on one cue (either series or parallel) does it increase the reliability that both will fire if I trigger the cue twice?
I have always used fuse in the past to sequence my shows and I am hoping to improve the timing by using the remote firing system, but realize I need lots of help getting started. Thanks in advance.

glfrjerry
03-19-2018, 01:11 PM
If there is a penalty for asking a question stupidly, I'll take it!
I am trying to increase my peace of mind about firing igniters reliably without actually firing igniters. Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

Bazerk
03-19-2018, 01:14 PM
I would like to use LED's to test the ability of the remote cue to fire multiple igniters and or the length of igniter wire that will fire reliably.
I have the Chinese system with 6v (4AA) batteries in the remote. Can anyone give me LED specs I would need to simulate the "power" needed to fire an igniter.
Also, if I put 2 igniters on one cue (either series or parallel) does it increase the reliability that both will fire if I trigger the cue twice?
I have always used fuse in the past to sequence my shows and I am hoping to improve the timing by using the remote firing system, but realize I need lots of help getting started. Thanks in advance.

The problem here is that the number will change based on the age of the batteries. Not sure if it will ever be 100% reliable ya know? The other issue you have to think about is if you wire them in series and the first one goes, firing that cue again will be pointless as the series connection will have been broken because the first igniter went off.

MtnViewPyro
03-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Not sure if your system is the same as in the video below, but probably the same principle. I use mostly the MJG FireWire instead of talons. For a peace of mind, I plan on not shooting the max on any cue during my show. So I will shoot 4 talon and 5 MJG in parallel max for a cue. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/11USPwURaB8

glfrjerry
03-20-2018, 09:54 AM
Not sure if your system is the same as in the video below, but probably the same principle. I use mostly the MJG FireWire instead of talons. For a peace of mind, I plan on not shooting the max on any cue during my show. So I will shoot 4 talon and 5 MJG in parallel max for a cue. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/11USPwURaB8

Thanks, that does improve my peace of mind. I think I can get by with only 2 or 3 per cue. I'm trying to add some space (side to side) this year and anticipate having 2 - 12ft ignitiators on 1 cue so I may need to test that.

MtnViewPyro
03-25-2018, 05:28 PM
Thanks, that does improve my peace of mind. I think I can get by with only 2 or 3 per cue. I'm trying to add some space (side to side) this year and anticipate having 2 - 12ft ignitiators on 1 cue so I may need to test that.

Here is a new test I just did using a lot of scab. Trying to run through all possible issues before the 4th.
https://youtu.be/FdYqVTy9Bho