PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is Peter and I have a pyro-obsession!

vegassalute
03-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Like most pyros I rarely need an excuse to go outside and smell the smoke. Hell, I'll invent excuses/reasons! Holidays, weddings, funerals, daylight savings, anniversaries, season changes, new neighbors, nephew passed the Bar exam, neighbor's 2nd cousin graduated 5th grade, town/state/national elections, snow days, whatever! So last night on St. Patrick's day night I put on my heaviest fire-retardant coat, went outside, pulled up a lawn chair, sat down, blazed up my 18R2 Cobra handheld and proceeded to induce vomiting across the skies above my property for a good 20 minutes. I have to say I especially like winter shooting because the echoes resonate deeper into the woods of Northern New York and (in my mind) the colors are amplified against the snow-covered landscape.

I'm not ashamed to admit it my fellow pyros, I have a serious (albeit non life-threatening) disorder and I am not interested in a treatment or cure! My wife can and will attest, after I come in from smelling the smoke, I sleep better and I'm generally more pleasant to be around! It doesn't take much....it can be a simple 18" Morning Glory, a single Happiness Fountain, a pack of jumping jacks, right up to a beautiful 8" nishiki kamuro! Last night was my first snort of the smoke for 2018 and I had a freaking blast! Thus, my shooting season has officially opened. I will be shooting regularly from now through new years eve! I hope you all were able to get a similar fix. If not, why not tonight?? Safe shooting & have fun!

Best,
Peter (VegasSalute)

PS - Let's all be sure to keep up the fight on the CPSC metals fight!
PS - I hope our friends in PA are enjoying their new pyro-freedoms! That extortion tax is bull$hit but at least you're shooting!!
PS - Good luck to our friends in Ohio. I haven't seen any updates lately but I hope your movement to legalize continues to move forward!

PyroManiacs
03-18-2018, 08:35 PM
I still haven't lit anything yet this year, ugh! I need to get on it. Thanks for the motivation!

Kenny East
03-19-2018, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I shoot fireworks about every other weekend, with a bunch of star testing in between.
Gotta get my pyro fix every so often.. I don't usually make an excuse or justification for it though.

Mattp
03-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Hahaha.. i think everyone on here knows the feeling.. so far i havent done any myself in 2018. But i am itching to do some.. not all the neighbors are on board so i gotta pick the right times.. although my son did just get a cap gun.. and ive been letting him shoot it in the house.. love the smell of the smoke !!!

Rick_In_Tampa
03-19-2018, 02:30 PM
That was awesome to read Vegas! I could almost see the flashes and smell the smoke just based on your description. I humbly bow in your general direction!