PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pyros in NW Arkansas, SW Missouri and NE Oklahoma for potential group

rkmcdon
03-14-2018, 10:20 PM
Sorry for the long title. I live in Fort Smith, AR less than a mile east of oklahoma and 90 miles south of Missouri. My budget this year is about $1000 and was hoping to get some other small fish like me (larger fish also welcome of course!), to maximize discounts.

If nothing else, even if your not interested in a group buy, i’d Love to hear from any other pyros in this corner of the world!

MtnViewPyro
03-15-2018, 12:04 AM
I live in SE Missouri. About 45ish minutes from Arkansas border. I order mainly from 76 and pick it up to avoid shipping cost. With my order, I’m normally at Gold price.

rkmcdon
03-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Do you live near the bootheel? I'm originally from Paragould, AR which is less than 10miles from the inner most corner of the heel

Do you know if 76 offers a bigger discount for larger volumes or dealers?

MtnViewPyro
03-15-2018, 03:17 PM
I live about 90 miles west of Popular Bluff or 45 minutes from Mammoth Springs.

76 offers discounts on spending levels. Entry level is $500 and the next level is Gold at $2,000. I’m at Gold and it is a good discount. The next thing is there special order program. That is at $7,000. I do not know the discounts at this level but assume it’s rather good. There final offer is a container ship program from the manufacturer. This would be great for retail businesses but probably not something for a group buy.

rkmcdon
03-15-2018, 06:48 PM
Thank you for the info. My next door neighbor actually has a retail business, just not sure i'm going to be able to convince him to branch out and try 76, but i've already put a bug in his ear.
Right now i'm waiting on my dvd to start the application process for my type 54 and I'm talking with a shooters school in KS (couldn't find anyone closer) about their course that includes apprenticeship opportunities to get the 5 i'll need to qualify for my Arkansas shooters license. I doubt i'll get everything in place for this season, but should by next and hoping to pick up a black friday cobra system this year. Still debating this years backyard show on whether to get an ebay system that i sell after black friday or just stay with fuse for one more year.

MtnViewPyro
03-15-2018, 11:11 PM
You could always do half n half. Pick up a cheap Chinese system from eBay with 12 channels and then fuse cakes from those 12 hits. Timing is still not exact but you get to sit and press buttons. Plus, with the little cheap system, you will want to keep it for testing product or just playing around. Much easier than breaking out the cobra. I don’t have a cobra but I always use the cheap 12 channel when testing stuff and leave the bigger system for just shows.

rkmcdon
03-15-2018, 11:57 PM
There's another thread that indicated there was a really nice discount on cobra in April of 2017. If that happens this year, i'll pick up a cobra. If not, i'll pick up a cheap system as you suggested and wait for black friday to look for a cobra.

Also, what you call "testing stuff" I call 4th of July ;)

cptnding
03-16-2018, 07:04 PM
There's another thread that indicated there was a really nice discount on cobra in April of 2017. If that happens this year, i'll pick up a cobra. If not, i'll pick up a cheap system as you suggested and wait for black friday to look for a cobra.

Also, what you call "testing stuff" I call 4th of July ;)

Looks like you're not going to have to wait very long at all. lol
Got an email from them today. Same sale is on March 23rd.

rkmcdon
03-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Looks like you're not going to have to wait very long at all. lol
Got an email from them today. Same sale is on March 23rd.

That is awesome! Hopefully that means i'll get to have a cobra this year. Did the ad mention if it would be an advertised sale vs only those receiving the newsletter?

NWA_Fireworks
04-11-2018, 08:49 AM
Rkmcdon-

Small world! I’m in Springdale, Arkansas, not far from Fort Smith. I own and operate a 4,000 square foot retail tent, so I’m already making fairly large wholesale orders. I can do some price checking for you if you’re looking for cases of something specific. Let me know.

rkmcdon
04-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Hey Springdale! It is a small world! Thanks for the offer. Who do you plan to buy from this year and when do you plan to place your order? I've been looking Spirit of 76 since it would be an easy drive to save on shipping. Do you put on your own shows as well?

Cheflife222
04-11-2018, 02:26 PM
I live about 90 miles west of Popular Bluff or 45 minutes from Mammoth Springs.

76 offers discounts on spending levels. Entry level is $500 and the next level is Gold at $2,000. I’m at Gold and it is a good discount. The next thing is there special order program. That is at $7,000. I do not know the discounts at this level but assume it’s rather good. There final offer is a container ship program from the manufacturer. This would be great for retail businesses but probably not something for a group buy.

Actually spirit of 76 had a post on here recently where they announced they were extending there gold pricing to pyro talk members with just a $500 minimum just use coupon code " pyrotalk " I was just on the phone with 76 yesterday and confirmed this was true.

NWA_Fireworks
04-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Hey Springdale! It is a small world! Thanks for the offer. Who do you plan to buy from this year and when do you plan to place your order? I've been looking Spirit of 76 since it would be an easy drive to save on shipping. Do you put on your own shows as well?

Last year we bought exclusively from Hale’s in Buffalo, MO. This year we’re branching out, hitting about 5 demos this spring and buying our favorites from each of them. Already have about 40 cases ordered from Dynomite in Seymour, MO. I tend to prefer the major brands like Brothers, Winda, Dominator, Shogun, etc., but there are a bunch of great private label items too - which is why I try to attend several demos. Spirit of ‘76 is on the list to attend.

We always do our own 1.4 family show over on Grand Lake in Oklahoma about a week after the fourth, and I’ve done a couple of 1.4 shows for friends’ weddings, but not much more than that.

MtnViewPyro
04-12-2018, 01:21 PM
I’m not far from Seymour. There use to be a really good shop there in an old house. Not sure if it’s still open but you could get great stuff there.

MtnViewPyro
04-13-2018, 02:58 AM
Rkmcdon-

Small world! I’m in Springdale, Arkansas, not far from Fort Smith. I own and operate a 4,000 square foot retail tent, so I’m already making fairly large wholesale orders. I can do some price checking for you if you’re looking for cases of something specific. Let me know.

Do you ever get World Class products? For me, World Class is difficult to get except for wholesale and shipped to me. Since I already dropped a big load into my wholesale order I am always looking for world class retail. So far, Joplin Missouri and Conway Arkansas is the nearest Jakes.