PDA

View Full Version : KELLFIRE Mike from Pennsylvania

KELLFIRE mike
03-09-2018, 03:17 PM
I've been on here for a while but never really introduced myself. I am the artist Kellner's Fireworks designing all their marketing material, most of their Liberty Bell Brand Consumer labels and maintain the www.kellfire.com website and Youtube page. Being a small company you end up doing everything else from waiting on customers, unloading trucks, delivering explosives nationwide, representative at expos and also shoot a hand full of shows.

I have been a professional graphic designer for over 15 years and maintain steady freelance work on the side. One of my newest contracts that I am excited about is the opportunity to design for Magnus Fireworks in their upcoming 2018 line.

You can see my work at my website www.mattocksdesign.com (http://www.mattocksdesign.com) .

also you can follow me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MattocksDesign

and follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/mattocksdesign/

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Great to meet you KELLFIRE mike. I checked out your website and really impressed. I struggle with stick figures lol. It’s awesome you get to work with fireworks as well. I’ve always been curious about the artwork on the products as some are really detailed and others look like poo. I bet you really look over the products graphics haha. Again, nice to meet you.

Northern Sky
03-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the update Mike.

PyroManiacs
03-11-2018, 03:52 PM
I looked though your whole portfolio, awesome work!

PTFan
03-11-2018, 10:20 PM
Sounds like a name change is coming?

Ctpyro180
03-12-2018, 09:03 PM
In consumer fireworks, artwork beyond performance is what sells the product...It has to catch the customers eye....Alot of good product out there , but if the artwork is off the item is worthless to the retailer.

I was always impressed with Magnus, Winda , T-Sky and even Phantoms artwork...The colors and artwork are comical and work well....

Skulls and Cross bones, pirates and items with black graphic scenes are starting to fade out in my store...Their great performers but not attractive enough or turn off the customer.

Items with color combinations of vibrant reds, royal blues and yellows sell well..Black backgrounds or dark colors like browns on greens or silvers or off whites never sell the first time unless they are good performers and are recommended by the retailer to the customer...

KELLFIRE mike
04-30-2018, 03:02 PM
Thank you!

KELLFIRE mike
04-30-2018, 03:04 PM
name change?

KELLFIRE mike
04-30-2018, 03:05 PM
In consumer fireworks, artwork beyond performance is what sells the product...It has to catch the customers eye....Alot of good product out there , but if the artwork is off the item is worthless to the retailer.

I was always impressed with Magnus, Winda , T-Sky and even Phantoms artwork...The colors and artwork are comical and work well....

Skulls and Cross bones, pirates and items with black graphic scenes are starting to fade out in my store...Their great performers but not attractive enough or turn off the customer.

Items with color combinations of vibrant reds, royal blues and yellows sell well..Black backgrounds or dark colors like browns on greens or silvers or off whites never sell the first time unless they are good performers and are recommended by the retailer to the customer...

A brown background firework would be the worst.... HAHA!!