PDA

View Full Version : A simple request

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 12:30 AM
Hello everyone,

I’m not one to brag, but I recently accomplished something that has been over ten years in the making. You can see the email I attached in this post. Anyways, as an aspiring Pyro, I am unable to get a permit to put some fire in the sky to celebrate since it’s not July or New Years. I’m planning on shooting off a couple of 60gram shells around the 19th. If possible, if any of you are doing some demos or just have something you will be shooting off in the next couple weeks I request you post a video here to help me with a little Pyro celebration. It will also help you all get your Pyro fix after winter lol.

cherrybomb1
03-09-2018, 01:02 AM
Congrats Mt View!(sorry) Dr Glass.Brag all you want that's a hell of an accomplishment.Sounds like you've had quite a bit on your plate over the last few years.What kind of Dr are you?...i've got this pain in my shoulder!!! Just kidding lol.Good luck moving forward.

displayfireworks1
03-09-2018, 05:40 AM
Congratulations, you never know what level of academic achievement someone on the forums has. I'm sure it feels great to meet a 10 year goal. I recommend you purchase my new cake called "Academic Pyro" to celebrate. The title would be most fitting.

cherrybomb1
03-09-2018, 06:41 AM
Congratulations, you never know what level of academic achievement someone on the forums has. I'm sure it feels great to meet a 10 year goal. I recommend you purchase my new cake called "Academic Pyro" to celebrate. The title would be most fitting.
Dave, You never miss an opportunity to get a "shameless plug"in there do you!lol.Whose selling those cakes anyway...I haven't seen them.

Kenny East
03-09-2018, 06:43 AM
Congratulations, I did 2 years of college.. You're a better man than I. I'll put a video on here for you here soon, got some 2018 fresh off the boat.

chriskrc
03-09-2018, 07:57 AM
Congrats pyrotalk bro, that's one hell of an accomplishment.

hawkeye0323
03-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Congrats on the huge accomplishment

Mattp
03-09-2018, 11:43 AM
Wow.. you have mentioned before too about your schooling holding back your pyro budget... no wonder Why.. 10 years and a doctorite. Lol. .. congrats man.. great news . that really is quite an accomplishment!!!!

PyroJoeNEPA
03-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Congrats. That is quite an accomplishment. Brag all you like. You earned bragging rights!

Icooclast
03-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I’m not one to brag, but I recently accomplished something that has been over ten years in the making. You can see the email I attached in this post. Anyways, as an aspiring Pyro, I am unable to get a permit to put some fire in the sky to celebrate since it’s not July or New Years. I’m planning on shooting off a couple of 60gram shells around the 19th. If possible, if any of you are doing some demos or just have something you will be shooting off in the next couple weeks I request you post a video here to help me with a little Pyro celebration. It will also help you all get your Pyro fix after winter lol.

congrats, man. must feel great.

vegassalute
03-09-2018, 01:59 PM
WOW, congratulations!!

pimpdaddee28
03-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Congrats. That is quite an accomplishment. Brag all you like. You earned bragging rights!

Okay, not only should he buy "Academic Pyro" but he should also get "Bragging Rights" by Dominator, lol.

Congrats man!! Education is very important where I come from!!

KELLFIRE mike
03-09-2018, 03:45 PM
congratulations to you on this!

nayslayer
03-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Congratulations! thats awesome.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Congrats Mt View!(sorry) Dr Glass.Brag all you want that's a hell of an accomplishment.Sounds like you've had quite a bit on your plate over the last few years.What kind of Dr are you?...i've got this pain in my shoulder!!! Just kidding lol.Good luck moving forward.

I can have a look at that shoulder. No guarantees it won’t be worse off lol. Thank you cherrybomb1.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:01 PM

Thanks Dave. I’m planning on buying both of your cakes this year. Haven’t been able to find them except a place that’s about 3hrs from me but will be in that area for a meeting around the 4th.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Congratulations, I did 2 years of college.. You're a better man than I. I'll put a video on here for you here soon, got some 2018 fresh off the boat.

Thanks Kenny. I can’t wait for your video.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Congrats pyrotalk bro, that's one hell of an accomplishment.

Thank you Chriskrc.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Congrats on the huge accomplishment

Thank you Hawkeye

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Wow.. you have mentioned before too about your schooling holding back your pyro budget... no wonder Why.. 10 years and a doctorite. Lol. .. congrats man.. great news . that really is quite an accomplishment!!!!

Yes it has lol. I had to hold back tears when I seen the cobra sale at the end of the year and I couldn’t participate. I have to work on publications for my dissertation for the rest of the year probably but at little cost. I’m looking forward to purchasing a cobra in 2019 and possibly my ATF as well. Thank you for the congrats Mattp

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Thanks PyroJoeNepa. Now I have extra time to start building some of those racks I seen of yours awhile back haha.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:09 PM
congrats, man. must feel great.

Feels amazing. Last night instead of loads of pressure and anxiety awaiting the next step, I was able to watch firework videos in peace. Thanks for the congrats.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:09 PM
WOW, congratulations!!

Thanks for the congrats vegassalute.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Okay, not only should he buy "Academic Pyro" but he should also get "Bragging Rights" by Dominator, lol.

Congrats man!! Education is very important where I come from!!

Thank you for the congrats. Yes, my grandfather never made it beyond the 3rd argrade. He was brilliant in business and did well for himself but made it very clear that all of his grandchildren get an education.

Dominator is a brand I have not had a chance to play with. Their pro line looks very nice also.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:14 PM
congratulations to you on this!

Thanks for the congrats KELLFIRE mike.

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Congratulations! thats awesome.

Thank you nayslayer.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Brad - Congrats Doc!! That's awesome. Took me forever to get a BS degree, and I just can't seem to get off my ass to get the Masters done. Forget about the PhD. That's an awesome achievement. Very happy for you.

So now that you're a Dr, what's the plan? You going to teach or get moving on a career in your degree path?

MtnViewPyro
03-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Brad - Congrats Doc!! That's awesome. Took me forever to get a BS degree, and I just can't seem to get off my ass to get the Masters done. Forget about the PhD. That's an awesome achievement. Very happy for you.

So now that you're a Dr, what's the plan? You going to teach or get moving on a career in your degree path?

Thanks Rick for the kind words. After my BS I went right into my MBA. However, after my MBA I took almost two years off. I’m glad I did because this PhD was an absolute mind blowing experience. I thought I was prepared. The first course I found out I entered an entirely different world lol.

I have already begun teaching a few courses throughout my degree program and love it. The plan is to get into a research university and work my way up to tenured Professor. However, things change. Most important thing is to find a university that offers free college tuition for family of staff. My wife is next. She has her bs in medical technology but wants to become a Physician Assistant.

In the meantime, I plan on taking it easy the rest of the year and work on publications. In addition, I will be watching and rewatching a lot of fireworks videos lol.

All you guys on here better post your shows this year.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Yeah that was my plan too. Keep going into my MBA. Unfortunately, that never happened. I've got about another 10 years to go before retirement. I'll get it done at some point so I can teach after I retire. That's the plan anyway.

So what is your degree in? Medically related? It's great that the wife is going back. That is absolutely the key to success. With the economy starting to take off, I think you're "blooming" at exactly the right time. PA's make good money too. You should be rolling in the pyro dough soon! Lol. Looking forward to seeing your show next year!!

Big Worm
03-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Congratulations on your accomplishments!!!!

Stormcrow
03-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Congrats. Dr Glass. All my friends with PhDs describe the stress relief when their dissertation is done and it seems above all others. Enjoy the peace.
First thing Dr Glass reminds me of is the villain in the movie unbreakable. He was an evil pyro��

Kenny East
03-11-2018, 01:21 AM
Not a long video, just a "monster candle" and a dragon blade cake

https://m.facebook.com/kenny.east1/posts/10215079695887572?ref=m_notif&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1520745169032367

MtnViewPyro
03-11-2018, 03:31 PM
Yeah that was my plan too. Keep going into my MBA. Unfortunately, that never happened. I've got about another 10 years to go before retirement. I'll get it done at some point so I can teach after I retire. That's the plan anyway.

So what is your degree in? Medically related? It's great that the wife is going back. That is absolutely the key to success. With the economy starting to take off, I think you're "blooming" at exactly the right time. PA's make good money too. You should be rolling in the pyro dough soon! Lol. Looking forward to seeing your show next year!!

That’s a good plan Rick. I have a buddy that did the same. Retired and then started teaching.

My degree is in business. I get a little light headed at the sight of blood lol so medical field wouldn’t be good for me unless they always keep a spare bed open for the doctor. Yeah it’s always been a dream of my wife’s to be a PA or work for the CDC with her current degree. The PA is the better option pay wise.

Yeah I’m still trying to get my intro planned lol. So many options and ways to get the show going. This upcoming week I plan on getting into it heavy.

MtnViewPyro
03-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Congratulations on your accomplishments!!!!

Thank you for the congrats Big Worm.

MtnViewPyro
03-11-2018, 03:35 PM
Congrats. Dr Glass. All my friends with PhDs describe the stress relief when their dissertation is done and it seems above all others. Enjoy the peace.
First thing Dr Glass reminds me of is the villain in the movie unbreakable. He was an evil pyro��

Thanks for the congrats Stormcrow. Yeah I can not even explain the feeling when my chairman said you are now officially Dr. Glass. It was a mixture of wanting to vomit from the defense to wanting to run around yelling lol. I enjoyed unbreakable.

MtnViewPyro
03-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Not a long video, just a "monster candle" and a dragon blade cake

https://m.facebook.com/kenny.east1/posts/10215079695887572?ref=m_notif¬if_t=feedback_reacti on_generic¬if_id=1520745169032367

Thank you Kenny. I didn’t see any cake. Seen several videos on your page though with you testing out some stuff. I can’t wait to have my license and do similar things.

MtnViewPyro
03-11-2018, 03:59 PM
I shot off Salute to the Flag by Pyro Demon and Jawbreaker by Pyro Nation last night. Both are those newer “5 inch” consumer shells. The stars are nothing special, but I can say they have very good thump. Turn your volume up and enjoy a little thunder.

https://www.facebook.com/kpinay518/posts/10211565917248360

https://www.facebook.com/kpinay518/posts/10211565850166683

Kenny East
03-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Thank you Kenny. I didn’t see any cake. Seen several videos on your page though with you testing out some stuff. I can’t wait to have my license and do similar things.

My bad some idiot forgot to make the video public... Stupid settings.. It went monster candle, dragon blade cake, then a bunch of strobes on a piece of sticky match.. Playing and testing some stuff

MtnViewPyro
03-11-2018, 10:27 PM
Haha no worries. My wife is the social media director in this family. Beyond posting, I have little patience for that stuff.

Kenny East
03-14-2018, 05:09 AM
Made the video public, yeah Facebook and I are having issues since I changed tablets... Can't upload photos and videos are a pain. I usually start testing new products around this time of year, about every other weekend. I will share my futuu videos, and remember to make them public.

MtnViewPyro
03-15-2018, 12:08 AM
That was a nice cake. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your future test. My test have to be spread out a little further to avoid upsetting the neighbors lol.

Kenny East
03-15-2018, 02:53 PM
Yeah, my neighbors live about 1/2 a wile away... And he usually is outside throwing his home brew firecrackers.. That's how I met him... I thought he blew up my mailbox... He was driving up and down the road chucking his crackers out the window.. That and I usually try to shoot them earlier... As soon as it's dark

MtnViewPyro
03-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Lol your neighbor sounds very interesting. Better having a pyro near then a prude.

hatsgoods
03-17-2018, 03:36 PM
I will post my video of the 5 min show i did for my brother's bday when i get home late tonight from traveling from mrytle beach sc. Area back to my home area philly. I still need to edit the files but i will dedicate the show to you and my brother. ��

hatsgoods
03-17-2018, 03:53 PM
I will post my video of the 5 min show i did for my brother's bday when i get home late tonight from traveling from mrytle beach sc. Area back to my home area philly. I still need to edit the files but i will dedicate the show to you and my brother. ��

MtnViewPyro
03-18-2018, 01:10 AM

Thank you very much. I will without a doubt enjoy watching.

MtnViewPyro
03-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Here’s a nice little 200gram cake.

https://youtu.be/dnkZrBNdz2o