PDA

View Full Version : App is in the mail

Mattp
03-06-2018, 12:55 PM
So, it took me about a year of saying im going to do it, but i finally manned up and filled out my atf application. Just mailed it in today!!.. wish me luck!!! And thanks again to dave.. that dvd definitely makes the process way more understandable and doable !!
Now i play the waiting game.. keep you all posted

Bad Alibi Scott
03-06-2018, 10:04 PM
Mattp, what are you using for storage and where are you located in NY? I have my paper work all done but trying to figure out what to do about storage.

Kenny East
03-07-2018, 05:03 AM
Good luck, you should hear back soon .

displayfireworks1
03-07-2018, 05:24 AM
Better late than never, if it makes you feel any better I hear from people that waited two years. Then they either can't find one of the disc. LOL So you are not so bad. LOL Lets us know how it goes after your interview. Best of luck

Mattp
03-07-2018, 07:26 AM
Haha.. thanks guys.. funny , i watched the dvds a year ago.. then watched them again this week, but the first disc mustve gotten scratched and now it keeps skipping.. but it does it after your done talking about the application.. so it was still a HUGE help!!! Yes will keep you updated

Mattp
03-07-2018, 07:39 AM
Sent you a pm

Rick_In_Tampa
03-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Good luck Mattp!! I'm sure you will do fine.

hawkeye0323
03-07-2018, 08:14 PM
Good luck.

Mattp
03-19-2018, 03:30 PM
Ive never been more attentive to my mail and email.. i know its only been a week (and 3 days).. lol.. so far my credit card has been charged... so. .. so far so good!!!!

PyroManiacs
03-19-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm one of those " wait 2 years" people, lol. I also lost one of the discs, HAH! I had to put pyro on the back burner for a while as my business in the real estate industry had to take the front seat in every aspect. Im probably going to have to wait one more year as I just have way too much stuff going on and cant throw any extra funds in the way of pyro just yet.

One day!

Mattp
04-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Didnt want to post every detail until it was over!!.. but after patiently waiting for a little over a month.. i recieved a call last friday.. had my interview yesterday.. very nice woman, who was happy to answer and ask questions.. it definitely looked good that i read the entire orange book. And knew what i was talkin about And answered questions with firm knowledge . she said "we dont see too many people around here applying for those".. lol.. so chalk another one for SE NY.!!!!! She said she will email me when it is being processed .. which should be soon.!!!

Kenny East
04-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Congrats, I read through the parts of the Orange book relevant to fireworks. Also had my display operator certificate, they are not as bad as most people think. Mine was very friendly and happy to help

displayfireworks1
04-13-2018, 04:57 AM
At Mattp, thanks for the update , I see you are from the state of New York, that actually makes it even more pleasing to hear. It is also nice to hear the ATF Inspectors were helpful. This is usually the case. Let us know when you receive the official license in the mail. After a recent attack designed to put doubt in the minds of ATF applicants , it is nice for me to read these success comments.

Mattp
04-13-2018, 08:11 AM
Thanks, yes she was very helpful. And after coversing with her it seems like theyre mainly there to cross the t's dot the i's..and go theough some formalities.. she said that if i didnt already pass the backround check she wouldnt of even been sent out there to my house.. and apparently the local office isnt to far from me either.. now once i recive the permit i will post for sure.. and i plan within the year or maybe behinning of 2019 to join a club.. i think for my location crackerjacks makes most sense.. any input on that??

Rick_In_Tampa
04-13-2018, 10:38 AM
Way to go Mattp!! 2018 is shaping up to be a pretty nice year for you! lol... Glad to hear everything went smoothly with the ATF gal.

Mattp
04-23-2018, 09:25 PM
Okay.. now its official.. recieved my permit in the mail today.!!!!! Very happy about that!!

Rick_In_Tampa
04-24-2018, 10:52 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's awesome news. Process seemed pretty easy for you too.

Now get out there and get some 1.3G goodies for your show this year!! :cool:

Mattp
04-24-2018, 06:54 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's awesome news. Process seemed pretty easy for you too.

Now get out there and get some 1.3G goodies for your show this year!! :cool:

HAHAHA.. oh yeah!!! Just a little supplimental boom for this year as i already placed a pretty big 1.4 order.. but i do plan(most likely beginning of 2019) to join a club too.. and yes. About 1 1/2 months total process... not bad at all

displayfireworks1
04-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Good news add another ATF license holder to the list. Just in time before the July 4th holiday. As a reminder to all new ATF license holders. You need to order and pay for your 1.3 product well ahead of the July 4th holiday. And always give advanced notice of pick up to your distributor.