PDA

View Full Version : Spacing with slices n sweeps

MtnViewPyro
02-28-2018, 05:33 PM
I was wondering if you all follow a rule of thumb with slices and sweeps. For instance, if I was going to shoot two slices at once from two different positions and wanted some overlap. Just seeing some cool videos with these products and thought I could get some good insight from you guys on what you would like to do.

Northern Sky
03-01-2018, 01:20 PM
All fan slices are not created equally. My smaller fans go with my fan cakes. These are usually 150 to 200 feet apart. Some of the 76 and big Dominator fans are too big to shoot multiples of unless there is a lot of room to spread them out.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Been waiting to hear what other had to say before I chimed in because this is the first year I'm using lots of slices. As for how far apart, my thought is it depends on the size of the fan slice and the amount of overlap you want. The only absolute in my mind is that they can't come close to the crowd or any structures on the left and right sides. So my advice would be to push them out until you run out of lateral safety distance or your desired amount of overlap.

MtnViewPyro
03-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Yeah Rick I’m curious as well. As far as crowd distance I have no concern as they will be always be a very safe distance from any. Anyways, I seen a winning musical entry where they shot off like 4 or 5 of the 13s sweeps and I know they were not far apart. It was rather awesome lol.

MtnViewPyro
03-01-2018, 03:28 PM
For instance, check out the video attached at 3:30ish. It doesn’t seem they have more than 100-150ft in space from left to right, yet they pull this off. A lot of overlap but I guess I’m asking is there any concern with having these going off in close proximity to each other?

https://youtu.be/VHHeQJR1N_U

MtnViewPyro
03-03-2018, 11:46 PM
Rick I played with some today and happened to get a video of these. These are the 13 shot sweeps. I had them about 50 feet apart. Would be able to easily set off 3 with 150 feet space and not have overlap. Guess just have to play with them and figure things out.

https://youtu.be/huD9AA7VCms

Rick_In_Tampa
03-04-2018, 05:20 PM
MVP - Thanks for posting that video. I think the spacing looked good.

Mattp
03-04-2018, 09:34 PM
That looked great.. spacing is definitly fine..when its so quiet you can really see and hear how loud and powerful those are too... also thats a great piece of property for it too..

RalphieJ
03-04-2018, 09:50 PM
That looked great.. spacing is definitly fine..when its so quiet you can really see and hear how loud and powerful those are too... also thats a great piece of property for it too..

You hit the nail right on the head. Any music would obscure the startling effects of these pieces.

MtnViewPyro
03-05-2018, 01:09 AM
MVP - Thanks for posting that video. I think the spacing looked good.

No problem Rick. I had fun running the tests.

MtnViewPyro
03-05-2018, 01:13 AM

Thanks Mattp. Means a lot. The property has been in the family since my grandfather purchased it in the 1940’s. There is almost 25 acres in all, he purchased the land for one dollar an acre back then and almost backed out cause he thought the guy was asking too much lol. Even though it is very quiet, it’s actually in the city limits so I have to be careful and not fire things off much out of season.

MtnViewPyro
03-05-2018, 01:13 AM
You hit the nail right on the head. Any music would obscure the startling effects of these pieces.

That 7 shot at the end really packed a punch. Did not expect it to thump as much as it did.

cherrybomb1
03-05-2018, 03:07 AM
Looks great Mt View...Can you fire those 13 shots from either side of the slice?.Would look nice starting them on opposite ends and meeting in the middle.76 should hire you in the quality control department lol.I remember when my dad bought farm land for a $1000 an acre.

MtnViewPyro
03-05-2018, 06:37 PM
Looks great Mt View...Can you fire those 13 shots from either side of the slice?.Would look nice starting them on opposite ends and meeting in the middle.76 should hire you in the quality control department lol.I remember when my dad bought farm land for a $1000 an acre.

Yeah the 13shots allow left to right, center out, and right to left. Lol I would do qc for them for free and would even go pick up the product.