View Full Version : for those who ordered from WFBOOM:

Icooclast
02-27-2018, 08:24 PM
i know i asked this in another topic, but to not take away from that topic, i decided to ask here.

of all the wfboom artillery shells are they as powerful as they seem in the video, effects as nice, etc.

i only ask, because; after the group here confirmed my suspicion of the video of the hellcats from 76 seeming to be altered, i'm a little more cautious now about looking at videos, so; question is... how are their shells in person? and might as well throw in your thoughts on their other stuff too. (like cakes, firecrackers, tubes, etc.)

thanks in advance

Chiefsfan00
02-27-2018, 09:36 PM
I haven't ever bought artillery shells from them so I couldn't help you with that. I have bought cakes from them though before, and really enjoyed them. What I bought looked as good in the video if not better in person. In fact I plan on buying from them again this year as well.

Strikerwar
02-28-2018, 10:44 AM
I've purchased their Electric Rain, Continuum shells last year thought they were pretty spectacular planning on buying both again this year!

PyroDre
02-28-2018, 10:57 AM
......... can't delete

PyroDre
02-28-2018, 10:58 AM
well I've noticed it too from several videos on youtube...not singling out any one company but,.... just be careful and watch more than one vid.

because a whole LOT of those videos are altered.. like slowed down to make the break seem bigger and longer lasting....that kind of stuff

Rick_In_Tampa
02-28-2018, 11:19 AM
"the group here confirmed my suspicion of the video of the hellcats from 76 seeming to be altered"

I must have missed this one. What was the conclusion? I used the hellcat cans last year, and I have a bunch on order again this year. They worked great for me.

Mattp
02-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Sorry cant say on the wf boom stuff. As i havent shopped there (yet).. Ive been primarily an excal user for a while now.. but the last few years ive branched and tried a few other products... so far out of 5 different brands.. hellcats are my favorite (more than excals).. and i know most likely 4 out of those 5 come from the same factory with different labels slapped on them.. but they do all seem to have slight differences(and prices).. which definitely also plays a factor.. literally how much bang for your buck!!!

Icooclast
02-28-2018, 01:02 PM
"the group here confirmed my suspicion of the video of the hellcats from 76 seeming to be altered"

I must have missed this one. What was the conclusion? I used the hellcat cans last year, and I have a bunch on order again this year. They worked great for me.

there was no debate of the quality of the hellcats. just my thinking a video sounded too loud to be true (this was 76's own web site i got the vid from) it seems they got it corrected now. but the previous one was very loud. reminded me of pro level stuff. or something close

ilovecrackle
03-01-2018, 02:16 AM
Yes, there are some videos out there of product that are juiced up, or as I like to refer to them as "china videos". Usually this is more common for new or first year items. "Usually" the actual product that makes it to the states for you and I do buy does not come in quite as beefy as they look in these "china videos".
If you would like to see an example of these "china videos" that I am talking about and since you have mentioned wfboom, go to wfbooms website and to their 500 gram section and look at the videos for any of the items that have "pre-order" listed by them. Those are new, first year items and the videos they have listed with them are "China videos". I not only know because i can just tell by looking at them but i have also confirmed this with wfboom themselves.

To answer your question about shells, i have not personally seen the hellcats in person so I can't comment about them but I have seen the continuum shells and they are great shells. Electric rains, I might take them if they were given to me but i wouldn't buy them. But that's just me. :cool:

If i am going off just watching video of items, I watch multiple videos of it. If all the videos I find/see seem to be the exact same video, i am a little hesitate about purchasing.

Again, this is just how I approach making a decision to purchase solely off watching videos.
And in no way am I singling out or disrespecting Wfboom in anyway. A lot of company's post videos that China provides them of their product until they actually have the product in hand stateside.

Hope this helps. Probably not but at least i tried to help. :) haha

cherrybomb1
03-01-2018, 08:14 AM
I purchased Continuum and Commander in Chief cans from W F Boom last year and was very happy with them...throw in he fact that i received the 40% off the case price and you can't complain.They looked better in person then the videos i watched...but then i don't think I've ever watched bad fireworks,hell i like the sound of popping those plastic things you get in packages from stuff you order on the internet.lol

Rick_In_Tampa
03-01-2018, 09:13 AM
hell i like the sound of popping those plastic things you get in packages from stuff you order on the internet.lol

Yeah bubble-wrap is nothing more than a gateway drug. Next thing you know you're buying 200G cakes, then 500G, then you're applying for a 54.... Oh the humanity..... :p

cherrybomb1
03-01-2018, 10:35 AM
Yeah bubble-wrap is nothing more than a gateway drug. Next thing you know you're buying 200G cakes, then 500G, then you're applying for a 54.... Oh the humanity..... :p
You might be on to something Rick...maybe it's like a 12 step program.My wifes been telling me i have a problem since i found Dave's website,maybe it's time to admit it!lol

Rick_In_Tampa
03-01-2018, 01:35 PM
You might be on to something Rick...maybe it's like a 12 step program.My wifes been telling me i have a problem since i found Dave's website,maybe it's time to admit it!lol

My wife's been telling me the same thing. But I told her that unless/until the lights go off and the water stops flowing out of the taps, the problem is hers, not mine. So far so good. Lol...

Icooclast
03-01-2018, 08:53 PM
My wife's been telling me the same thing. But I told her that unless/until the lights go off and the water stops flowing out of the taps, the problem is hers, not mine. So far so good. Lol...

and then she decked you, right? lol j/k

and yeah, i like bubble wrap, too. too bad it's not used as much, i usually get news paper/some kind of paper with my online orders now.

keep them opinions coming, guys (and gals) i really want to try wfboom's asian shells (asian quads, duces, full boat, etc.) anyone light those before?

MontanaMike
03-03-2018, 11:23 PM
I have used Commander in Chief the past two years and thought they were very good. According to Jack from wfboom, the Commanders are louder but the Continuum have more detail in their effects. So, I couldn't decide so I ordered a case of each for this year....life is good!

I've used Excals in the past but haven't got a way to get any of them this year -- the CiC is about the same, to me at least.

Wholesale Fireworks
03-05-2018, 01:17 PM
I can say with 100% certainty that any video posted on our website or YouTube channel that is shot by us in the states has not been altered or enhanced in any way other than adding a graphic to tell what the item is. You will notice that we do our best to label a video as "Chinese Video" on our website because we had no part in its production.
Hope that helps, but the best way to find out is to try them for yourself.

pimpdaddee28
03-05-2018, 06:34 PM
I have used Commander in Chief the past two years and thought they were very good. According to Jack from wfboom, the Commanders are louder but the Continuum have more detail in their effects. So, I couldn't decide so I ordered a case of each for this year....life is good!

I've used Excals in the past but haven't got a way to get any of them this year -- the CiC is about the same, to me at least.

From my experience, the Continuums beat out the Commander In Chief shells. Heck, they beat out the 2017 Excals that I had last year.

pimpdaddee28
03-05-2018, 06:57 PM
and then she decked you, right? lol j/k

and yeah, i like bubble wrap, too. too bad it's not used as much, i usually get news paper/some kind of paper with my online orders now.

keep them opinions coming, guys (and gals) i really want to try wfboom's asian shells (asian quads, duces, full boat, etc.) anyone light those before?

I tried the Full Boat/Quads/Aces.Deuces like 6-7 years ago. The Full Boat is a great kit for you since it has 8 shells and they're a combination of single, double and triple break shells. You'd only be missing the quad breaks. I would usually recommend Spirit of Liberty, but they stopped including quad break shells in those kits starting this year. You only get 78 total breaks now instead of the 96 total that it used to be, but the cost of production of these types of shells has gone up and many stores have had to either cut back on their ball shell inventory, or they had axed ball shells from their stores altogether and have moved on to the mini-canister artillery shells. Gotta give props to WF Boom though, they still keep a lot of ball shells in their inventory, even after the rise in costs.

Spirit of Liberty is still a great shell kit though and if you buy it by the case, you get 2 boxes of an assorted shell kit with 48 different shells in each box for just $120 with the 40% discount. That's $60 per kit and no other firework store that I know of sells a shell kit that large for that low of a price.

pimpdaddee28
03-05-2018, 07:03 PM
i know i asked this in another topic, but to not take away from that topic, i decided to ask here.

of all the wfboom artillery shells are they as powerful as they seem in the video, effects as nice, etc.

i only ask, because; after the group here confirmed my suspicion of the video of the hellcats from 76 seeming to be altered, i'm a little more cautious now about looking at videos, so; question is... how are their shells in person? and might as well throw in your thoughts on their other stuff too. (like cakes, firecrackers, tubes, etc.)

thanks in advance

As Ray mentioned, WF Boom does not alter their videos. They actually have some very good videos if you compare them to other firework companies. They do use Shogun's videos for the Shogun items that they sell (not a big fan of those videos because they look kinda grainy), but as for the videos that they make for their own products, they're top notch from what I've seen and I've purchased many of their AFW items and I've even recorded demos of them myself and the products in my videos don't differ in quality from the products in their videos. I bought D-Day one year and their video was good, BUT it still didn't give the cake any justice. It was even better in person!! So in some instances, the videos don't show the product's full capabilities.

Gotta improve that Ray, lol.

Icooclast
03-05-2018, 07:09 PM
As Ray mentioned, WF Boom does not alter their videos. They actually have some very good videos if you compare them to other firework companies. They do use Shogun's videos for the Shogun items that they sell (not a big fan of those videos because they look kinda grainy), but as for the videos that they make for their own products, they're top notch from what I've seen and I've purchased many of their AFW items and I've even recorded demos of them myself and the products in my videos don't differ in quality from the products in their videos. I bought D-Day one year and their video was good, BUT it still didn't give the cake any justice. It was even better in person!!

thanks for giving me some food for thought. and to everyone else for helping me as well. as far as things go, i wasn't trying to say wfboom alters their vids or disrespect them in any way, it's just coming across some altered ones had me worried, especially since the excal one was from 76's actual vid on there site. that's what made me the most nervous. but they have fixed it.

thanks again everyone. if anyone has any rec's or comments please keep 'em coming

Wholesale Fireworks
03-06-2018, 03:34 PM
thanks for giving me some food for thought. and to everyone else for helping me as well. as far as things go, i wasn't trying to say wfboom alters their vids or disrespect them in any way, it's just coming across some altered ones had me worried, especially since the excal one was from 76's actual vid on there site. that's what made me the most nervous. but they have fixed it.

thanks again everyone. if anyone has any rec's or comments please keep 'em coming

No offense taken. I just wanted to make it clear that we do not alter our videos. We know it is done , which should be a concern to those consumers like yourself who want to make sure what they are getting what they see on video when they spend their hard earned money. To Pimpdaddy ....we are working on this and we hope to have some improvements on future video.

Mattp
03-06-2018, 05:30 PM
i didnt think 76' even sold the excals

Pyroman5000
03-06-2018, 07:10 PM
I shop at wfboom every year and can say most of there artillery shells are very good for the price. I have had a lot worse for a lot more money. As far as canister shells go I buy the continuum every year they have had them and I feel they are just as good as the excal. If you hit the 40% discount you definitely can’t beat them. I can’t say I ever had anything from wfboom that I was disappointed in.

pimpdaddee28
03-07-2018, 03:09 AM

Totally understand bro. It's part of the reason why whenever I have an interest in a specific item, I try to find multiple demo videos of that item because some recordings are better than others and there are definitely stores/brands that try to make their products look better than how they really perform. Even though they'll never admit it, I believe the Purple Ghost alters the sound of their videos in some way in order to make them seem louder. Many of their product videos sound as if an extra microphone was placed near the base of the cake/mortar tube. Afterwards, the recorded sound from that microphone was then inserted into the video itself in order to make the audio and video in sync. Perhaps someone can prove me wrong, but I wouldn't put it past the Purple Ghost to do something like that.

Icooclast
03-07-2018, 09:01 AM
i didnt think 76' even sold the excals

my bad, not xcals, hell cats

Mattp
03-07-2018, 11:27 AM
my bad, not xcals, hell cats
Ohhhh.. haha.. gotcha..actually i bought the hellcats from them because they didnt have the excals..LOL.

MontanaMike
03-10-2018, 01:18 AM
I couldn't decide between Commander in Chief or Continuum, so I said, you only live once, and the 4th is only once a year, so I ordered a case of each!

Zippster
03-10-2018, 11:51 PM

Oh the truth....