View Full Version : 16 cue wireless system

Kenny East
02-18-2018, 04:27 AM
Found some components while shopping online... A 16 channel wireless relay based board using 12v with variable voltage between each channel. And it will pair with my happiness system... Kinda a rat's nest inside but this was the roughed up proof of concept. May make a couple more.
Going to be using a 12v SLA once I get over to the battery shop...

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2870&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2871&stc=1

jamisonlm3
02-18-2018, 02:37 PM
I think alot of people that make their own wireless system are using those multiple relay modules. They're cheap and usually come with a remote. All you have to do is find an enclosure and power source for it. What are you going to use to hook up your e-match? BTW, is that one of those new Harbor Freight protective storage containers?

Kenny East
02-18-2018, 04:32 PM
The box is from tractor supply, had them on clearance for $2.49... I have a negative buss bar for the negative side and using my improvised quick clips for now. Ordered actual quick clips but their on the slow boat.

jamisonlm3
02-18-2018, 06:38 PM
I need to check the local one to see if they have any at the price. Who did you order from? I've been looking for a souce of quick clips, but I might just go with spring loaded binding posts. I ordered a sample pair several weeks ago and was surprised how decent they are.

Kenny East
02-18-2018, 09:19 PM
Ordered from a friend in China same guy who sent me the relay board, I emailed him about the clips after he had shipped the board... Not sure on the quality of what's coming.. If they are decent I will shoot you his contact info.

jamisonlm3
02-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. I bet they'll be pretty good. I ordered some other stuff from various sellers such as switches and connectors. I wasn't really displeased with anything except the 2 weeks it took to get to me, but I knew it was going to take at least that long from the start.

Kenny East
02-19-2018, 02:19 AM
Yeah, it's crazy slow if they offer free shipping.... I could swear that they have a guy swim over with my package... Ordered some uncoated e-matches a while back, took like 6 weeks to get here. I'm sure that was 75% due to the shipper waiting to send out my order.

Kenny East
02-24-2018, 03:24 AM
I think something got lost in translation... Lol these are quick connect wire splicers, not quick clips... But for like $5 USD for 500 not bad, just not right... Lol

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2872&stc=1

jamisonlm3
02-24-2018, 08:06 PM
Lol, true. What I piaid for the stuff I got, I can't really complain. Are you still going to try and get some or look elsewhere from something else?

Kenny East
02-25-2018, 04:11 AM
Sent him some pics of what a quick clip looks like and gave a description of their function... I will see if he has them or can get them. Otherwise I have to find a different supplier for them. There is a few places in Australia but they are usually like $1.5 each clip...and for the 33 I need that means they cost more than the relay board.

jamisonlm3
02-25-2018, 03:01 PM
Good luck. If he can, please let me know. I'm curious how much they might be over the spring loaded binding posts. I know there are a couple of companies that sell them in China. I sent one a message about them, but never heard anythin back.

Kenny East
02-25-2018, 10:01 PM
Will do, this guy is pretty good at responding... I've had a few companies over there that wouldn't give me the time of day unless I ordered thousands of units... We shall see what he comes up with.