PDA

View Full Version : Hello from DFW Texas

mxothespade
02-15-2018, 12:09 PM
Hello all from DFW Texas ! Been browsing the site for a little while now and decided to join up. My family has a property out at one of the lakes around here and that is where we shoot off our fireworks. My love for fireworks goes back to my earliest of years. Anyways just wanted to say hello all and thanks for allowing me into the site :) .

Rick_In_Tampa
02-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Welcome aboard mxothespade! Glad to see some fresh blood around here. What does a normal show look like for you? DO you shoot 1.4G or 1.3G?

Kenny East
02-16-2018, 04:16 AM
Welcome to the forum!

displayfireworks1
02-16-2018, 05:59 AM
We had a run on Texas members last year, maybe its starting up again. some may be in this Dallas Fort Worth area. Lets see if a few chime in . Like most situations they may need to check you out a little. What is you level of fireworks experience ? Do you have a fireworks firing system and/or any advanced techniques ?

mxothespade
02-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Thank you for the welcome. Typical show for me is going to be wholesale 1.4g along with some retail I can't resist when the stands arrive to town. As far as experience goes just strictly limited to the 1.4G product I have always shot over at the lake. Usually just fusing up some boards etc. Nothing too special unfortunately. I was actually looking into a firing system for this year as well as learning as much as I can a long the way. I never thought I was going to have the time to pursue this due to my old job (oilfields of west texas/new mexico) but I decided to walk away from that and here I am now. In time I hope to take things to the next level ! Thanks again for the welcome.

displayfireworks1
03-02-2018, 09:50 PM
This may sound weird but when I hear of Dallas Fort Worth, I think of Ross Perot. Back during the presidential debates against Bill Clinton, Ross said Bill Clinton as governor of the state of Arkansas was equivalent to be being the mayor of city. He further explained there are more people in the Dallas Fort Worth area of Texas than there are in the entire state of Arkansas. Even today DFW may be twice the population of the entire state of Arkansas. So if you have a piece of property near a lake in DFW , I would say you really have something.
Perot also said the main product out of Arkansas is chicken and he called Bill Clinton, the "Chicken Man". His words not mine. I wish I could remember the exact year.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Lol... That sounds like something someone from Texas would say Dave. I was stationed at Carswell AFB (now closed) in Ft Worth back in 83-84. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but it was definitely a different kind of place. At least for a guy from Cleveland.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk mxothespade.

Mauro
05-17-2018, 10:05 PM
DFW Texas here too! Mansfield area! This year will be my first! Where do you buy your stuff wholesale here? I did wfboom.