PDA

View Full Version : Ground Displays

Spunky
02-14-2018, 05:18 PM
I have searched the past threads and i can't seem to find an answer so, maybe you guys can help.

What is the scoop on Ground displays? Do you make them yourself? Are they available in 1.4 consumer composition?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to add a American Flag Ground Display roughly 10 feet by 8 feet in size.

Rick_In_Tampa
02-15-2018, 07:45 PM
If I'm not mistaken I believe you're talking about a set piece like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKyMOXiGqZc

The problem is they are 1.3G items because they require quick match to light all the colored lance pieces. You can make your own quick match though and build the American Flag yourself. Kellner's (one of Dave's advertisers) sells the lance pieces.

displayfireworks1
02-15-2018, 08:15 PM
You know that saying "There is an App for that". I can say "I have a Video for That". Here is my video from 2009 explaining lance work 101. The lance pieces are classified as "Articles of Pyrotechnics". You do not necessarily need to have an ATF license to purchase these but you need to establish to a distributor you are more than a regular once a year Consumer Fireworks user.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB48ndkSWNA
It sounds like you are in the beginning stages of being an advanced fireworks user. I'm curious, do you have any type of fireworks firing system?

Kenny East
02-16-2018, 04:24 AM
Assembled ones are 1.3, building your own is not too difficult. Need some thin wood for the frame. Lances can be purchased from many fireworks vendors. As well as sticky match. The lances and the sticky match are both 1.4G so no permit needed to buy/use.

displayfireworks1
02-16-2018, 05:55 AM
Here is another example of the need to allow more advanced non-ATF license holders to purchase Articles of Pyrotechnics. I have a few ideas in this area, i just need to develop them further.

Spunky
02-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Here is another example of the need to allow more advanced non-ATF license holders to purchase Articles of Pyrotechnics. I have a few ideas in this area, i just need to develop them further.

Looking forward to hearing them Dave.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

Spunky
02-16-2018, 06:29 PM
You know that saying "There is an App for that". I can say "I have a Video for That". Here is my video from 2009 explaining lance work 101. The lance pieces are classified as "Articles of Pyrotechnics". You do not necessarily need to have an ATF license to purchase these but you need to establish to a distributor you are more than a regular once a year Consumer Fireworks user.

It sounds like you are in the beginning stages of being an advanced fireworks user. I'm curious, do you have any type of fireworks firing system?

I have a "Charley Cheapie". Looking into the Cobra's for this year.