PDA

View Full Version : DIY Fan Slices

Elo76
02-07-2018, 11:05 AM
I know I've read somewhere that somebody used an Archers Revenge or similar zipper cake, separated it, and made fan slices out of it. Is this possible? Any info on it or vids?

Also, I am north of pittsburgh and mostly shop at wfboom. They have pyroclastic back this year so that looks like it would work for my purpose too.

I just want to be able to do a left/right/center/all...etc firing with comets or similar. What's my best bet?

displayfireworks1
02-07-2018, 12:05 PM
Are over 21 and/or are you ATF licensed? Another question, do you have a fireworks firing system? It sounds like you have some level of advanced experience. You should consider just moving into Articles of Pyrotechnics for these special effects. You can use them to enhance the current 1.4 products you are getting at wfboom.

Elo76
02-07-2018, 12:56 PM
I'm 41 with no ATF license. I have a MB32Q Programmable and two 12 cue manual firing systems.

Articles of Pyrotechnics. Just searched it, spirit of 76 came up and that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. How do I go about getting approved to purchase them. Says no ATF required.

Is there anywhere closer to me that sells this kind of stuff?

Rick_In_Tampa
02-07-2018, 04:56 PM
Here's the text of a post from the SO76 rep on this forum. You can also do a search on "spirit of 76" and find the thread and all the contact info you want. Hope it helps.

Spirit of '76 Fireworks Discount

Hi- Spirit of '76 Fireworks is happy to extend our gold level price savings to all members of PyroTalk with just a $500 purchase (normally a $2,000 purchase is required)! If you have any questions or would like a price list, please e-mail me at thurbert@76fireworks.com.

MtnViewPyro
02-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Cant go wrong with 76 product. There are other brands though like Dominator you can check out. I believe there are sponsors in this site that have that brand.

displayfireworks1
02-08-2018, 07:34 PM
At Elo76 if you are located that close to Pittsburgh and if you can afford it, consider attending my ATF license class located just off of Interstate 79 near Carnegie. We can easily get you ATF licensed and I'll introduce you to some people in the 1.3 business locally. Here is the link to my class on March 3, 2018.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/atf-classes.php

Fire Art
02-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Fire Art has a full line of Articles Protechnic and is within driving distance.

MtnViewPyro
02-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Driving distance is a beautiful thing. That shipping cost is always tough. My wife wants to live by malls and have wide variety of restaurants. I just want to have a street stacked with firework vendors. I could lost in such a place.

RalphieJ
02-16-2018, 05:31 PM
A fireworks mall? Like this one?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/dec/20/huge-explosion-fireworks-market-mexico-video

Mattp
02-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Well.. in theory,, its a great idea .. lol

MtnViewPyro
02-17-2018, 03:57 AM
They just can’t handle their powder lol. It’s always a good idea until something blows up unintentionally

Rick_In_Tampa
02-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Did you hear about the two twin brothers in NYC who were busted with (I believe) a total of 50lbs of explosive making materials in their apartment? I guess they were disassembling 1.4G mortar shells for the black powder. I wonder if the lawmakers are now going to have some knee-jerk reaction and try to make shells harder to buy now.

Northern Sky
02-17-2018, 10:25 AM
I thought I posted this a while ago but don't see it now.

A lot of pyros don't actually tear their cakes apart rather change the fusing by cutting into the side of cakes and e-matching sections of their cakes. Say separating by color or effect. That keeps the inegrity of the cake and doesn't jeopordize your safety.

By the way NEOPG has members in your area and one actually owns a fireworks business. He isn't a member here but several members here use a lot of is product. He lives in the Cranberry area.

MtnViewPyro
02-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Did you hear about the two twin brothers in NYC who were busted with (I believe) a total of 50lbs of explosive making materials in their apartment? I guess they were disassembling 1.4G mortar shells for the black powder. I wonder if the lawmakers are now going to have some knee-jerk reaction and try to make shells harder to buy now.

Wouldn’t be surprised Rick.