PDA

View Full Version : Playing with some comets and sequencer

MtnViewPyro
01-29-2018, 02:14 AM
Doing some testing with my system while thinking of some ideas for the 4th. PyroDan did a cool comet run last year and am considering doing something similar so did a simple sequence test today. 0.5 second delay seems much slower than 0.4. Still better than pushing buttons.

https://youtu.be/mmJmSaGeSng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJmSaGeSng&feature=youtu.be

Kenny East
01-29-2018, 03:29 AM
Looked good for being day time, it did seem to go quick.

esgrillo
01-29-2018, 09:14 AM
Looks good. The comet runs can really add a nice touch to your show. I did a timed comet fan effect last year in the beginning of my and it came out pretty good. Stuff from '76 as well.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-29-2018, 12:35 PM
These effects are great, but they take up a lot of cues. I'd love to be able to do that in my show. Just another reason to keep building up the mod count. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, it would be a great use of slats!

MtnViewPyro
01-29-2018, 03:39 PM
Looked good for being day time, it did seem to go quick.

I try to do my testing during the day. All my neighbors are cool and normally send me texts after I do something lol, but I figure if I do it during the day they will see me in the field and not get the crap scared out of them when the booms start. Our property is kinda weird, part of it is in the city limits and the other is not, so I have to limit my testing so I don’t get in trouble.

MtnViewPyro
01-29-2018, 03:44 PM
Looks good. The comet runs can really add a nice touch to your show. I did a timed comet fan effect last year in the beginning of my and it came out pretty good. Stuff from '76 as well.

Yeah I have seen some really cool ideas with comets. My crowd will really enjoy because they are not accustomed to seeing effects, just cakes and shells. Hopefully I don’t throw too much new stuff at them this year that they don’t see everything.

MtnViewPyro
01-29-2018, 03:49 PM
These effects are great, but they take up a lot of cues. I'd love to be able to do that in my show. Just another reason to keep building up the mod count. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, it would be a great use of slats!

Yeah slats would be great for this. I’m going to have to program 3 additional receivers to the same channel to do what I want to do, so 6 receivers for 12cues. Oh well, I will make up for it somewhere in the show with my cakes. With my new system I’m able to fire more igniters per cue than before so I’ve already started with a lot more room than last year for sure haha.

PYRODAN
05-07-2018, 10:48 PM
The timing on that comet run was .1 seconds apart. 18 cues, 2 comets per cue. 1 left, 1 right.