PDA

View Full Version : Full Case of 76’s RWB Candle Barrage

MtnViewPyro
01-20-2018, 06:29 PM
I finally found this video today. Thought I would share. Tons of smoke but fun while it lasted.

https://youtu.be/waYUCV8_vtc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waYUCV8_vtc&feature=youtu.be

esgrillo
01-20-2018, 09:33 PM
I did a case of the blue ones in my last show. Pretty good especially for blue since usually that is a tough color to get bright enough. They are at the 13:05 mark

chriskrc
01-20-2018, 11:25 PM
It's always nice to set off a bunch of candles at once

MtnViewPyro
01-20-2018, 11:28 PM
I did a case of the blue ones in my last show. Pretty good especially for blue since usually that is a tough color to get bright enough. They are at the 13:05 mark

Enjoyed watching Ed. Did you have them in a rack of some sorts or just in the ground? I made a little rack for them that worked well but can only use the rack for that size of candles going forward.

MtnViewPyro
01-20-2018, 11:29 PM
It's always nice to set off a bunch of candles at once

Family really enjoyed it. Took forever for the smoke to clear up though lol.

esgrillo
01-21-2018, 01:02 AM
Enjoyed watching Ed. Did you have them in a rack of some sorts or just in the ground? I made a little rack for them that worked well but can only use the rack for that size of candles going forward.

Just taped and staked them.

MtnViewPyro
01-21-2018, 03:06 PM
I’ve become a chicken with stakes. Had one go wrong and now I try anything else first. Going to do something this 4th though that stakes are really the only option.

esgrillo
01-21-2018, 04:33 PM
I’ve become a chicken with stakes. Had one go wrong and now I try anything else first. Going to do something this 4th though that stakes are really the only option.

You must be talking wood. I used metal fence stakes. They were not going anywhere.

MtnViewPyro
01-21-2018, 05:11 PM
Yeah wood stakes. Had one fall over with a comet. Caught the ground on fire. It was loads of fun lol. Luckily had a jug of water handy.

esgrillo
01-21-2018, 05:50 PM
Yeah wood stakes. Had one fall over with a comet. Caught the ground on fire. It was loads of fun lol. Luckily had a jug of water handy.

Right you were lucky. I am fortunate with my location that I have water hoses from 4 different houses at my platforms and on the opposite bank of the retention pond behind my platforms I have a gas powered water pump and 300ft of firehose set up... just in case. We have some dry 4th of July's in TX.

MtnViewPyro
01-21-2018, 06:59 PM
Oh yeah I’m sure it gets really dry. I’m thinking of getting a water tank and having it hooked up to a little trailer. Never can be too careful. It gets dry here as well but I’m also in a hay field and that makes it worse. I always have the second cutting timed for around shoot day so the hay is down and dealt with. Last year worked out great for the 4th though. We actually had flooding the week prior so didn’t have to worry about fires.

cherrybomb1
01-22-2018, 06:57 AM
I finally found this video today. Thought I would share. Tons of smoke but fun while it lasted.

https://youtu.be/waYUCV8_vtc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waYUCV8_vtc&feature=youtu.be
MtView and Ed how did you fuse them together?.I have 47 packets of six Shogun 8 ball assortment that i bought from Little China last October.I was hiding out in the garage Sunday watching football because the wife and kid have the flu and i pulled the paper off the top to expose the fuse but there awfully short.Any advice?.Also Ed you probably have your music picked out already for the 4th but i heard this song on Serius Xm from Franz Ferdinand called"Always Ascending"and it made me think of your awesome show last 4th...check it out.

esgrillo
01-22-2018, 09:01 AM
MtView and Ed how did you fuse them together?.I have 47 packets of six Shogun 8 ball assortment that i bought from Little China last October.I was hiding out in the garage Sunday watching football because the wife and kid have the flu and i pulled the paper off the top to expose the fuse but there awfully short.Any advice?.Also Ed you probably have your music picked out already for the 4th but i heard this song on Serius Xm from Franz Ferdinand called"Always Ascending"and it made me think of your awesome show last 4th...check it out.

I just criss-crossed some fast fuse on the top of the candle and taped it down with packing tape. I did not actually tape or clip the fast fuse to the candle fuse and they all lit pretty easily. Yes, I do have the music picked out but that song is good. Ill put in on my list. I uploaded the music last month here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2wJxhCslPk

Im working on something special for that Rush - La Villa Strangiato intro. Should be pretty cool if it works out.

cherrybomb1
01-22-2018, 10:15 AM
I just criss-crossed some fast fuse on the top of the candle and taped it down with packing tape. I did not actually tape or clip the fast fuse to the candle fuse and they all lit pretty easily. Yes, I do have the music picked out but that song is good. Ill put in on my list. I uploaded the music last month here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2wJxhCslPk

Im working on something special for that Rush - La Villa Strangiato intro. Should be pretty cool if it works out.
Thanks Ed,I was hoping there was an easier way then trying to use 282 zip ties on those short fuses.I took my oldest son to see Rush in Chicago in 2011 to let him know what the "old man" listened to when he was in high school.lol

Rick_In_Tampa
01-22-2018, 11:46 AM
Thanks Ed,I was hoping there was an easier way then trying to use 282 zip ties on those short fuses.I took my oldest son to see Rush in Chicago in 2011 to let him know what the "old man" listened to when he was in high school.lol

Another Rush fan! I knew there was a reason I liked you. Lol I drug my son to see them during their Snakes and Arrows tour a number of years ago. He said he's never seen so many "old people" at one venue at the same time. The next time Rush came to town, I went by myself. Very sorry they're done touring. Probably my favorite band of all time. Going to have to work their music into my show next year.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-22-2018, 11:54 AM

Thanks for sharing the video! I have 3 cases of those in my show this year. I saw them in Ed's video from last year. I'm going to try and use them to create a red, white and blue "wall" effect. Hopefully it works out as planned.

MtnViewPyro
01-22-2018, 03:06 PM

I did the same basically as Ed mentioned. Really easy to get lit.

cherrybomb1
01-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Another Rush fan! I knew there was a reason I liked you. Lol I drug my son to see them during their Snakes and Arrows tour a number of years ago. He said he's never seen so many "old people" at one venue at the same time. The next time Rush came to town, I went by myself. Very sorry they're done touring. Probably my favorite band of all time. Going to have to work their music into my show next year.
Lol,The one good thing about the old people at a Rush concert is after about ten minutes of standing they get tired and sit there asses down...then you can enjoy the show!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-23-2018, 05:58 PM
Lol... Exactly.