PDA

View Full Version : Buying Spirit of 76 Pro line

Bad Alibi Scott
01-20-2018, 02:11 PM
I'm new to the world of electronically fired fireworks( bought my first Cobra products recently) and really want to do a pyro musical using some of the Spirit 76 Pro Line products. I have been shooting my own private shows for years but have never got my ATF permit or been able to take a PGI course. I was wondering is there anything out there to get the required certifications needed to use the products from 76 that they require you have to buy their products. Just curious for some opinions. I will be working on the ATF permit, just trying figure out what to do about my storage needs. Thanks for any input!!!

MtnViewPyro
01-20-2018, 02:46 PM
You don’t need ATF to buy their pro line products. Send me a pm and I will explain how I began purchasing 1.4pro stuff from them.

bani
01-21-2018, 11:38 PM
iirc spirit of 76 wants evidence of membership in a pyrotechnics club in order to get the pro line products. they dont require an ATF license.

esgrillo
01-22-2018, 02:09 AM
ditto on Mtnview's comments. My experience with 76 is different than bani describes.

Pyro@Mach13
01-22-2018, 04:28 PM
New policy is to have PGI Certificate on file also.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-22-2018, 06:43 PM
The PGI doesn't give a certificate for taking the Display Operator Course.

bani
01-22-2018, 11:49 PM
here's their current policy.

https://www.76fireworks.com/Professional_Use_Fireworks.php

esgrillo
01-23-2018, 12:00 AM
well, their policy certainly has changed. Wow.

MtnViewPyro
01-23-2018, 12:05 AM
I took business law about eight years ago but I do believe recommended is one of those words with a lot of play.

cherrybomb1
01-23-2018, 12:20 AM
Casabella down in Indiana took my receipts from my Cobra equipment as proof of competency.I hope it was alright to say that?

cherrybomb1
01-23-2018, 12:25 AM
Spirit of 76 should pipe in because I would like to make a run down there in March and pick up some Pro Line product.

displayfireworks1
01-23-2018, 05:37 AM
I addressed some of this AP sales in my other post. My guess is (insert name of any AP distributor here) is smart enough not to post here what their requirements are. I suggest you speak to these distributors directly.
Again , I am not speaking about any specific distributor or user of fireworks. One distributor told me they are not going to bother with a small AP sell. If someone walks in and wants to purchase $50.00 worth they are going to say no. If they look at your prior purchase history and get some feel for your experience level, they are more likely to say yes.
Imagine their position, if a user of these gets hurt or it tips over and it hurts someone else, they have to answer on what criteria they sold it to you.

Pyro@Mach13
01-23-2018, 09:25 AM
The PGI doesn't give a certificate for taking the Display Operator Course.

Really, I have two such bad bears... ??

Rick_In_Tampa
01-23-2018, 05:53 PM
Really, I have two such bad bears... ??

I just went through the course in August in Fargo and no one got a certificate. I e-mailed the PGI training people in December when this issue came up, and this is what I was told by the PGI rep (cut and pasted from his e-mail):

"Certificates are not issued for course completion
Certificates are issued upon completion of the certification process
The class instructor should have made that clear
However, upon request from the course instructor, we can get you a class attendance certification."

I'm told some clubs that offer training provide certificates for that training. Apparently the PGI isn't one of them.

I'd be interested in seeing what they gave you.

Pyrotodan
01-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Hey Guys - just to clarify:

The Majority of the 76 Pro Line products can be purchased without having any Pro-Use-Only authorizaton.

Only the category of "Pro Use Only" items on our website requires authorization on your account prior to purchasing. These are the Articles Pyrotechnics (UN0431) style items which require special training or equipment to set up and operate (beyond that of normal consumer fireworks (UN0336)).

Our policy is to have users sign an authorization form and provide a copy of shooters license, pyrotechnics training certificate, or ATF license is also OK. For most people, the training certificate is the easiest to obtain. PGI class certificate would be accepted.

The full policy was recently updated and can be found on our website @ Here (https://www.76fireworks.com/Professional_Use_Fireworks.php)

Dan

lefty2632
03-04-2018, 07:51 PM
amazing show ed. I've watched it a few times

esgrillo
03-05-2018, 11:32 AM
amazing show ed. I've watched it a few times

Thanks lefty

ThorsThunder
03-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Casabella down in Indiana took my receipts from my Cobra equipment as proof of competency.I hope it was alright to say that?

No problem on mentioning that. We do have a more liberal policy than some others like owning a firing system and understanding that Pro products have to be electronically fired for instance. We also have a disclaimer stating that some assembly is required and that you are competent enough to use said products of course. We have no desire to sell products to anyone that is not competent in the same breath and to be 100% honest, having a certificate from PGI doesn't mean a hill of beans for using Pro items since a lot of these devices are not covered. PGI Display Operators Course is designed around 1.3g shooting. If a person has common sense, most of the work is straight forward. Thats kinda how we look at it. Dont be an idiot and respect the powder. LOL