PDA

View Full Version : For people that like to watch fireworks

PyroDre
01-19-2018, 04:33 PM
This is probably the best firework channel on YouTube. Some of this stuff makes us look like complete amateurs LOL! And the shells they use are amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmBjxfjzM1qG43KYc86m66w

PyroJoeNEPA
01-19-2018, 04:54 PM
The Japanese are masters of pyro design and construction in a completely different dimension than most of us. LOL. The time and cost of building these competition grade shells means that -unless we are in Japan to see them, or on YouTube--they are beyond our grasp. I could only imagine how beautiful they would be to see in real life!
The timing on some of their color changing stars [used in their ghost shells] is unbelievably precise! I watch clips of them over and over and all I can say is "how did they do that".
I watched one video of a Master placing stars in a 24" shell--one star at a time with a pair of chopsticks! Unbelievable!!!

PyroDre
01-19-2018, 05:06 PM
The Japanese are masters of pyro design and construction in a completely different dimension than most of us. LOL. The time and cost of building these competition grade shells means that -unless we are in Japan to see them, or on YouTube--they are beyond our grasp. I could only imagine how beautiful they would be to see in real life!
The timing on some of their color changing stars [used in their ghost shells] is unbelievably precise! I watch clips of them over and over and all I can say is "how did they do that".
I watched one video of a Master placing stars in a 24" shell--one star at a time with a pair of chopsticks! Unbelievable!!!yeah i'm looking for vids on how they do it now...truly interesting stuff

looks like they have a firework show everyday LOL

FlyingDutchman
01-19-2018, 06:55 PM
This is another great YouTube channel for fireworks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/113icecream/videos?view=0&shelf_id=1&sort=dd

Rick_In_Tampa
01-19-2018, 10:07 PM
Wow! Fabulous channel!! Thanks for sharing the link.

The Chinese may have invented mass producing fireworks, but the Japanese certainly perfected pyrotechnics.

hawkeye0323
01-19-2018, 10:47 PM
The colors are so vivid. What makes them so different? Chemicals that they can add?

esgrillo
01-19-2018, 11:36 PM
I've see this channel before, they are spectacular shells. I've been trying to sort out what 24" shells I want to shoot off in my consumer show next 4th. lol :D

Rick_In_Tampa
01-20-2018, 12:53 AM
Lol... When you find those 1.4G consumer 24” shells, you be sure to pass that info along!!

PyroJoeNEPA
01-20-2018, 12:12 PM
The colors are so vivid. What makes them so different? Chemicals that they can add?
Fireworks formulae are like recipes in the finest restaurants--closely kept secrets. Although the basic chemicals needed may be the same--there is a lot of "tweaking" of the formulae...the same six chemicals can be mixed together in several different ways--and a lot of that is what makes the difference in the way a color is produced when the star burns.
Some people are very open with their formulae--books have been published for a long time dealing with it...but those "little tweaks" are what makes the difference.
The fireworks factories in Malta have used the same "recipes" for generations and passed the knowledge down from father to son...same thing in Italy.
In Japan you must apprentice with a "Master" for years before you are allowed to begin building shells.

chriskrc
01-20-2018, 11:27 PM
Those channels are awesome and the way the shows are scripted is amazing