PDA

View Full Version : Shipping fireworks to NE

Big Worm
01-10-2018, 11:50 PM
To have fireworks shipped to me in Nebraska, do I need a distributor's license? I don't totally understand how this works???

MtnViewPyro
01-11-2018, 12:18 AM
If you are referring to consumer products for personal use, I highly doubt you need any license to have them shipped to your home. Depending on your address, they can ship right to your door step. However, if you live somewhere a freight truck cannot access, you can discuss an alternate pick-up point where you will meet them (such as a wharehouse or parking lot in your area). All states are different but if you look up shipping information for specific states on the website you wish to order from, they will tell you what you need to do. I’ve looked at a lot of online fireworks companies shipping information over the last year and I do not remember Nebraska being a state that companies would not ship products to.

Big Worm
01-13-2018, 09:22 PM
Thanx for the info. The Fire marshal's website is hard for me to understand.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-13-2018, 10:12 PM
Consumer fireworks appear to be legal in Nebraska based on a search I just did. If that's really the case the only thing you need to have them shipped to you is $$$ to buy them.

For what it's worth, I live in Florida and consumer fireworks are actually illegal here unless you need them to scare off birds from your crops or fish pond. Yet every year we have fireworks shipped down here. We just placed an order for 140 cases. So it's not going to be a problem for you. Having said that.... If you need a permit to shoot them off that's a different animal altogether. Any company will ship them to you. Whether you're allowed to use them once you get them is a different story. A simple call the the Fire Marshal's office should answer that. Looks like there are a number of fireworks stores in Nebraska. They can probably tell you if you need a permit too.

MtnViewPyro
01-13-2018, 11:56 PM
Thanx for the info. The Fire marshal's website is hard for me to understand.

No problem Big Worm. Hope you get it all figured out and get the product you need.

displayfireworks1
01-14-2018, 12:07 AM
To have fireworks shipped to me in Nebraska, do I need a distributor's license? I don't totally understand how this works???
No you need money and electronic signature. And don't ask questions like. Is this legal? and that sort of thing. As a matter of fact, don't ask any questions at all. Answer questions, They ask questions and you answer them. That is how it works. Now get your budget together and place an order. Then ask them , do you have any questions? Don't answer questions they do not ask you.

Big Worm
01-14-2018, 06:03 PM
Consumer fireworks appear to be legal in Nebraska based on a search I just did. If that's really the case the only thing you need to have them shipped to you is $$$ to buy them.

For what it's worth, I live in Florida and consumer fireworks are actually illegal here unless you need them to scare off birds from your crops or fish pond. Yet every year we have fireworks shipped down here. We just placed an order for 140 cases. So it's not going to be a problem for you. Having said that.... If you need a permit to shoot them off that's a different animal altogether. Any company will ship them to you. Whether you're allowed to use them once you get them is a different story. A simple call the the Fire Marshal's office should answer that. Looks like there are a number of fireworks stores in Nebraska. They can probably tell you if you need a permit too.
Thank you everyone for your time. Fireworks are legal here about 10 days around the fourth and 3 days at New Years. There are a few stores here but there wholesale prices aren't at all competitive. When I put my order together I realized I cant fit 24 cases in my vehicle, so was curious about the shipping. so76 is a 8hr round trip for me so I think shipping will be worth it this time. Can't wait to rock the new mortars I got for Christmas finally have about 150. I will be anxiously waiting for your Fourth of July video Rick!!!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-14-2018, 11:34 PM
so76 is a 8hr round trip for me so I think shipping will be worth it this time. Can't wait to rock the new mortars I got for Christmas finally have about 150. I will be anxiously waiting for your Fourth of July video Rick!!!

Wow! If SO76 was an 8 hour round trip I'd definitely be making a road trip to save on shipping costs. I'd rather spend the money on pyro! Maybe you can coordinate a group buy with some neighbors or friends in the area and split the cost of a U-Haul and gas and make it even cheaper.

Any pyro clubs in Nebraska? Maybe join one and see if they're interested in a road trip.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-16-2018, 02:35 PM

Big Worm You can have fireworks shipped to you in NE but the company shipping to you has to be licensed in NE to sell to you. WFBOOM is licensed in NE so we have no problem shipping there. The only issue you have is what local restrictions you may have on certain items. Every municipality can amend the State law to make certain items illegal.
If you have no restrictions on what you can have then you have no problem.
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions. Even if you don't order from us I will be more than happy to help.

Big Worm
01-16-2018, 09:34 PM
Big Worm You can have fireworks shipped to you in NE but the company shipping to you has to be licensed in NE to sell to you. WFBOOM is licensed in NE so we have no problem shipping there. The only issue you have is what local restrictions you may have on certain items. Every municipality can amend the State law to make certain items illegal.
If you have no restrictions on what you can have then you have no problem.
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions. Even if you don't order from us I will be more than happy to help.

Calling with an order tomorrow Ray, can't wait to hear Aquarian in person!

Big Worm
01-23-2018, 10:32 PM
Thank you Ray! Great guy to work with answered all my questions. GREAT customer service!!!