PDA

View Full Version : How old is to old

PGHBoom
01-07-2018, 04:27 PM
I was not able to shot my Labor Day display last year which was made up of leftover product from July 4th 2017. Most of the product I bought for last year was from WFBoom in early 2017, misc items bought from Phantom and a hand full of stuff bought in 2016. It has been stored in a large wooden shed, dry and cool. I may have an opportunity to shot it off this July 4th at my gun club and was wondering if there is any chance that some of the stuff has gone bad or I should not have any problems. I did have them pre wired with Firewire Initiators but removed them before storing them for good. Your thoughts.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-07-2018, 04:49 PM
If as the expression goes you "kept your power dry" you shouldn't have any issues. Re-attach initiators and they should all go boom.

MtnViewPyro
01-08-2018, 12:10 AM
You shouldn’t have any issue. All my stuff for new year was from 2016 and early 2017. I had them stored in the garage in plastic containers and a few in their original boxes stacked on the floor. To be honest, by the time we get our hands on the product, they have made a very long journey. If they can survive that journey, I’m sure they can survive several years sitting somewhere at our places. As long water isn’t dripping on them and the pests stay out, they should do their best like they were just off the line.

jamisonlm3
01-08-2018, 12:38 AM
Fireworks keep pretty well from what I understand. A year in storage shouldn't be any concern. As long as you keep them dry, even fireworks that have been stored for multiple decades should fire just fine.