PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 law in PA

N3OQO
01-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Hey guys!

Now that at long last 1.4 is legal in PA after 70 years, I have a question. I understand that the new law requires 150 feet between buildings when launching mortars, etc... Does that also apply to firecrackers? :rolleyes:

jknepp1954
01-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Hey guys!

Now that at long last 1.4 is legal in PA after 70 years, I have a question. I understand that the new law requires 150 feet between buildings when launching mortars, etc... Does that also apply to firecrackers? :rolleyes:
YES - here is a direct quote from the law for the consumer to follow.
Section 2404. Use of consumer fireworks.
(a) Conditions.--A person who is at least 18 years of age and meets the requirements of this article may purchase, possess and use consumer fireworks.
(b) Prohibitions.--A person may not intentionally ignite or discharge:
(1) Consumer fireworks on public or private property without the express permission of the owner.
(2) Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices within, or throw consumer fireworks or sparkling devices from, a motor vehicle or building.
(3) Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices into or at a motor vehicle or building or at another person.
(4) Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance or another drug.
(5) Consumer fireworks within 150 feet of an occupied structure.

Hope this helps.
BTW - i think the sparkling devices they are referring too would be S&S products

Hartman
01-05-2018, 09:13 PM
The 150 feet/occupied structure law seems to be one of the big things retailers need to get across to the general public.. So if your going to let it rip, best be at least 150' from your own house or anyone else's house.