PDA

View Full Version : First Tent in PA?

displayfireworks1
12-28-2017, 05:59 AM
This may be the first legal tent sale in Pennsylvania since all Consumer Fireworks went legal. It should be an interesting summer this year in PA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvCFRywaryE

Mattp
12-28-2017, 07:59 AM
It is definitely going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.. hopefully the majority of people can behave properly!!! . but this is VERY good news.. i have a question if anyone knows the answer.. is the new added tax for everyone to pay?? Or is it only for PA residents?? I will find out soon enough anyway, just curious if anyone knows

jknepp1954
12-28-2017, 08:38 AM
It is definitely going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.. hopefully the majority of people can behave properly!!! . but this is VERY good news.. i have a question if anyone knows the answer.. is the new added tax for everyone to pay?? Or is it only for PA residents?? I will find out soon enough anyway, just curious if anyone knows
EVERYONE!!!
good news - only 6% sales tax for safe & sane. the 12% does not apply to S&S.
-
oh - that tent is in Harrisburg someplace.

Hartman
12-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Good for PA...

Kenny East
12-29-2017, 04:21 AM
He said the 2" single shot tube was probably 200-300 grams...lol things didn't get too crazy up here in Michigan, there were some concerns for a bit regarding local governing bodies ability to regulate hours of use.

RalphieJ
12-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Hopefully this will make things a bit more competitive and thereby the retail pricing more reasonable at the stores in Matamoras and Milford for us NY clients.

PyroMike79
12-29-2017, 09:00 PM
I wish you folks in PA the best of luck. I live immediately across the Mississippi river from Iowa and the implementation of full legal has been a complete disaster over there. At this point I could see them reinstituting the fireworks ban within the next few years. I had high hopes for things but it just hasn't worked out. That being said, I know the fireworks atmosphere is a lot better in PA.

PyroManiacs
12-29-2017, 09:48 PM
...retail pricing more reasonable...

I get where you're coming from, but Im not sure if that can be said knowing there is an extra 12% tax added, lol.

displayfireworks1
12-30-2017, 09:48 AM
In following the thread here. This is where the main organizations in the business (NFA and APA) need to come in to educate the general public on how to use Consumer Fireworks. That can be done a number of ways with mailing , DVD included with every purchase , TV spots etc. Of course that all adds extra cost that is probably not in their current budget. The people that profit most from the sale of the product are the ones that need to create this.

jknepp1954
12-30-2017, 07:36 PM
In following the thread here. This is where the main organizations in the business (NFA and APA) need to come in to educate the general public on how to use Consumer Fireworks. That can be done a number of ways with mailing , DVD included with every purchase , TV spots etc. Of course that all adds extra cost that is probably not in their current budget. The people that profit most from the sale of the product are the ones that need to create this.
We at Kneppy's already are planning on doing 2 or 3 Safety Education seminars along with our open shoot night and Demo night next May. We are partnering with the Pa Pyro Artists Club in doing this. Probably also along with this some set up tips to help promote a safe and awesome display for you and your neighborhood!
Also many companies already use packing bags, brochures with the National Council On Fireworks Safety tips. Of course to actually talk to the customers when in the slower part of season to give suggestions on the do's and don'ts. Unfortunately when July 1 comes around and the store is swamped and just trying to wait on the customers and ring them thru the cash register, this is unfortunately brushed aside and forgotten.
Here is link to NCFS - www.fireworkssafety.org/safety-tips

jamisonlm3
12-31-2017, 11:10 AM
I think better instructions would also help. The ones that come with the fireworks I've gotten have been very, very basic. Actual instructions with best practices with various kinds of fireworks in the form of a normal sized piece of paper with clear images could be given to buyer with their recipt. Since most people have smartphones these days, a QR code and URLs to offical and unoffical fireworks safety videos and information could be included on the paper as well.

jknepp1954
01-03-2018, 09:12 AM
Just heard yesterday this guy in Harrisburg didn't do that great with his sales.
But a good thing going into the summer - he don't have to pay that 4k$ again - already taken care of.
Dont' need to rent heat source!
And he has bragging rights for his tent - he is the FIRST license received! LOL