PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 shoot nights

Jb690
12-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Just curious is Pennsylvania the only state that allows 1.3 shoot nights

jknepp1954
12-08-2017, 04:52 PM
not sure what you mean? Other states do allow with the proper permits and insurance

PyroJoeNEPA
12-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Just curious is Pennsylvania the only state that allows 1.3 shoot nights

It isn't a matter of "allowing"...it requires the proper permits, insurance, and licensing. PA has a lot going on here with the fireworks clubs as well as several 1.3 distributors with "open shoot nights"...all of which have to jump thru the required legal hoops to make these great events happen.

displayfireworks1
12-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Get in your car and drive up to Pennsylvania, bring some money to buy fireworks and shoot them at one of the open shoots some of my advertisers have. They even arrange special discounts on local hotels. Most have a PGI shooters course for 1.3 fireworks. One of my jobs is to get fireworks enthusiast to attend these events. There may not be much happening this time of year. They usually start in the spring.

PyroDre
12-11-2017, 04:59 PM
we need a shoot night down south

cptnding
12-11-2017, 08:07 PM
we need a shoot night down south

Yes we do!

Rick_In_Tampa
12-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Most have a PGI shooters course for 1.3 fireworks.

Just curious... How does one prove they've taken and passed the PGI shooters course? I just took it and they don't give you any certificate or card indicating you passed.

shake the cove
12-15-2017, 06:16 PM
Just curious... How does one prove they've taken and passed the PGI shooters course? I just took it and they don't give you any certificate or card indicating you passed.

The group/instructor should have sent the results to PGI and will mail you a completion certificate. When you have assisted on 3-5 shows ,sorry cannot remember how many then you are certified with them. Quite a few states take it as training for state licenses.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Interesting. I took it back in Aug at the PGI convention in Fargo and haven't seen anything in the mail from them. Looks like I'm going to need to write someone and ask.

vegassalute
12-15-2017, 09:33 PM
Get in your car and drive up to Pennsylvania, bring some money to buy fireworks and shoot them at one of the open shoots some of my advertisers have. They even arrange special discounts on local hotels. Most have a PGI shooters course for 1.3 fireworks. One of my jobs is to get fireworks enthusiast to attend these events. There may not be much happening this time of year. They usually start in the spring.

Be sure to post when you hear of any. I'll drive down in a heartbeat to attend, and to refresh 1.3 shooter safety.

Fire Art
12-18-2017, 02:24 PM
Fire Art, weekend after Mother's Day!!!!!

PYRODAN
12-18-2017, 10:55 PM
When I took the PGI course @ Kellners, we got our certificates right then.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-19-2017, 12:56 PM
When I took the PGI course @ Kellners, we got our certificates right then.

Just curious.... Was it issued by Kellner's or PGI? They didn't give out any certificates at the convention this year. I fired off an e-mail requesting one. Not holding my breath though.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-19-2017, 07:21 PM
Just curious.... Was it issued by Kellner's or PGI? They didn't give out any certificates at the convention this year. I fired off an e-mail requesting one. Not holding my breath though.

The PGI course at Kellners is conducted by instructors from the PA Pyro Artists club..I do believe they are the ones that did up the certificates of completion.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-19-2017, 08:44 PM
Yeah, that's the difference then. I got a reply back from the PGI "Training" guy this afternoon. He told me they don't give out certificates for completing the class. They only give out certificates when you complete all the requirements to be certified to be a display operator. Makes sense I guess.

Having said that, he did say they could send me a "class attendance certification." I'm *assuming* this would be similar to what the PA Pyro Artists club folks did.

PYRODAN
12-20-2017, 12:23 AM
I will get my form and see what it says.