PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 Timing

vegassalute
12-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Hey gang, I was wondering, approximately how much time elapsed between the time ATF cashed your check and the time they phoned you to schedule? Thanks, hope everyone is well.

Peter

displayfireworks1
12-05-2017, 11:16 AM
The longer the gap sometimes the better. I am getting reports that someone is giving these applications the once over when they receive them. If they see something wrong or incomplete they contact you in a hurry. Of course that is not always a guarantee. Remember while getting the license is a high priority to us, I suspect it is a low priority to them. I do get reports of things speeding up on their end if the time period is near the July 4th holiday. I usually suggest do not call anyone, just sit back and wait. Something else to keep in mind is they may just show up at your listed address during the hours you listed on the application, so that knock on the door may be them. Or that phone call from a strange caller ID may also be them and not a spam call. So answer all the phone calls you receive.

vegassalute
12-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Thanks Dave.

shake the cove
12-05-2017, 10:50 PM
My area of Tennessee it was about 3 weeks there about. The government did cash it fast thou...LOL I had my license by end of june and had sent everything in in March. I was in no rush so I had lead time to schedule the ATF visit and agree on best date to meet.

vegassalute
12-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Got the call this morning from my field office, meeting next week! Agent was extremely helpful.

vegassalute
12-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Dave, your advice was spot-on. I had my interview this morning and expect to have my ATF license in 4-6 weeks!!

displayfireworks1
12-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Thank you, i'm glad it went well. Please let us know when you receive the license in the mail.