PDA

View Full Version : Who all is doing a New Year Show?

MtnViewPyro
11-30-2017, 11:57 PM
I’m doing a New Year Show this year. I had a few left over cakes but tons of shells. I’m planning on shooting 60grams about 120 feet apart while mixing in some comets at times. In addition, I’m going to be using different slices throughout. For finale, I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve if all goes to plan. Anyways, I’m thinking this will all last under ten minutes.

What’s everyone else’s plans without giving away your secrets and how much time?

Icooclast
12-01-2017, 01:15 AM
i only do fireworks in the summer when i have them. it's too cold to spend even a half hour out there, let-a-lone several hours. maybe one day i will decide to go out and light a few, but i don't see myself doing much of anything outdoors in the winter.

MtnViewPyro
12-01-2017, 01:31 AM
i only do fireworks in the summer when i have them. it's too cold to spend even a half hour out there, let-a-lone several hours. maybe one day i will decide to go out and light a few, but i don't see myself doing much of anything outdoors in the winter.

Well here in Missouri, depending on the day we could have below zero temps or 70’s lol. Hoping for somewhere in between.

cherrybomb1
12-01-2017, 02:23 AM
I’m doing a New Year Show this year. I had a few left over cakes but tons of shells. I’m planning on shooting 60grams about 120 feet apart while mixing in some comets at times. In addition, I’m going to be using different slices throughout. For finale, I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve if all goes to plan. Anyways, I’m thinking this will all last under ten minutes.

What’s everyone else’s plans without giving away your secrets and how much time?

I plan on shooting a rack of the Dominator single shots I purchased at Casabella.Each individually with the Cobra 36 M I bought.But you never know about the weather in northern Illinois either.The ground might be so frozen I won't be able to pound in my re-bar to stabilize the rack.But I guess I could just nail some wood to it for a brace.

hatsgoods
12-01-2017, 03:43 AM
here is my setup for this new years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ECTAfCSQCg

PGH_Pyro
12-01-2017, 11:49 AM
i love fireworks when there's snow on the ground as you get the reflection of colors off the snow and the acoustics are different so you get a unique sound compared to summer.

bigmike79
12-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Down here in Louisiana its never that cold ....so I'm going all out! I can't wait!!!

MtnViewPyro
12-01-2017, 05:23 PM
I plan on shooting a rack of the Dominator single shots I purchased at Casabella.Each individually with the Cobra 36 M I bought.But you never know about the weather in northern Illinois either.The ground might be so frozen I won't be able to pound in my re-bar to stabilize the rack.But I guess I could just nail some wood to it for a brace.

I look forward to seeing those single shots. I almost bought some and then decided not to at last minute. I will for the 4th though I believe.

MtnViewPyro
12-01-2017, 05:24 PM
here is my setup for this new years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ECTAfCSQCg

Nice board hatsgoods. What type of glue do you use?

MtnViewPyro
12-01-2017, 05:26 PM
i love fireworks when there's snow on the ground as you get the reflection of colors off the snow and the acoustics are different so you get a unique sound compared to summer.

Never thought of that. That would be very nice to see. I shoot with a pond in front of the crowd, would be really nice if it was frozen over.

MtnViewPyro
12-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Down here in Louisiana its never that cold ....so I'm going all out! I can't wait!!!

What kind of show you doing? How much time?

bigmike79
12-03-2017, 02:22 PM
This is gonna be my biggest wireless show yet. I have been shooting for years but just found out about the wireless systems last year. I have around 100 cakes and the finale is going to be 120 canister shells at once. I hoping to go around 20 minutes or so. Once the stands open down here I'll probably increase the count.

MtnViewPyro
12-03-2017, 03:05 PM
This is gonna be my biggest wireless show yet. I have been shooting for years but just found out about the wireless systems last year. I have around 100 cakes and the finale is going to be 120 canister shells at once. I hoping to go around 20 minutes or so. Once the stands open down here I'll probably increase the count.

Wow that’s going to be on heck of a show. I would do the same but I’m afraid everyone would freeze to death lol. It’s nice it will be warm enough for you so you don’t have to worry. I’m like you, last year was my first dive into e-fire. Has changed my life lol.

bigmike79
12-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Mine too....next year is going to be even bigger. I'd love to have it snow here but hey at least I can be comfortable while doing them

MtnViewPyro
12-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Yeah I’m really looking forward to next 4th. As mentioned earlier, this New Years is just going to be mostly shells with a few effects like slices and flame pots here and there. Set-up is going to be tough if it’s below freezing lol but always worth it when the show starts. Snow would be awesome, it seems like we only get freezing rain here anymore. Been awhile since we got a good snow.

cherrybomb1
12-03-2017, 08:13 PM
I look forward to seeing those single shots. I almost bought some and then decided not to at last minute. I will for the 4th though I believe.

Hopefully I can get a video on here,I have a hell of a time just posting pictures.I bought 2 100ft Db 25 cables on the cheap and I'm curious to see if they'll work with th he 36M.

hatsgoods
12-03-2017, 11:10 PM
Nice board hatsgoods. What type of glue do you use?

I use Stanley all purpose construction high temp. hot glue sticks.

Kenny East
12-04-2017, 04:58 AM
I do a small show for new years, usually testing new products or shells I've made. Set up my racks on a garden trailer, fuse it all up inside the workshop... Pull it out, move the tractor, shoot and go warm up inside... Clean up the next day... Usually fairly cold up here.

chriskrc
12-04-2017, 07:53 AM
I have a bunch of fountains left in the arsenal probably gonna set those off, gotta ring in the new year someway.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-04-2017, 03:51 PM
I'm working two commercial shows this New Years Eve--same as the last couple years---Help with setup/load racks & ematch product for the first show then head to the second show with the boss to do an "all cake" center city show---setback distances limit product size for that one. Both shows will be shot at midnight with Fire One systems. Yeah, it is a late, cold gig here in NE Pennsylvania [but somebody has to do it!] LOL.

MtnViewPyro
12-04-2017, 11:59 PM
Hopefully I can get a video on here,I have a hell of a time just posting pictures.I bought 2 100ft Db 25 cables on the cheap and I'm curious to see if they'll work with th he 36M.

Yeah I hope you can. Look forward to watching.

MtnViewPyro
12-05-2017, 12:02 AM
I use Stanley all purpose construction high temp. hot glue sticks.

Last 4th I used a construction adhesive. Did the job holding the product to the board but now I have a bunch of boards with almost like cement where I glued product down. Do you have trouble removing the glue after use? Or just use different board next time? Trying to cute some cost if possible lol

MtnViewPyro
12-05-2017, 12:03 AM
I do a small show for new years, usually testing new products or shells I've made. Set up my racks on a garden trailer, fuse it all up inside the workshop... Pull it out, move the tractor, shoot and go warm up inside... Clean up the next day... Usually fairly cold up here.

Haha understand Kenny. Do you have anything new this year you will be testing? So cool you make shells.

MtnViewPyro
12-05-2017, 12:04 AM
I have a bunch of fountains left in the arsenal probably gonna set those off, gotta ring in the new year someway.

I have some fountains as well that I’m going to incorporate into my little show. Going to be like a quiet before craziness breaks out for finale.

MtnViewPyro
12-05-2017, 12:10 AM
I'm working two commercial shows this New Years Eve--same as the last couple years---Help with setup/load racks & ematch product for the first show then head to the second show with the boss to do an "all cake" center city show---setback distances limit product size for that one. Both shows will be shot at midnight with Fire One systems. Yeah, it is a late, cold gig here in NE Pennsylvania [but somebody has to do it!] LOL.

Haha yeah it would be cold up in NE. I think as it gets nearer, I’m more excited and more brave to face possibly cold weather. Might change that day of set-up when my hands are frozen and trying to run scab wire lol.

Anyways, I hope to get my ATF in next few years and will possibly be the “but somebody has to do it” guy lol. I would like to find a display company around here and help out occasionally.

chriskrc
12-05-2017, 07:54 AM
I have some fountains as well that I’m going to incorporate into my little show. Going to be like a quiet before craziness breaks out for finale.

That's awesome can't wait to see a video of it. Some people don't like fountains but there are quite a few good ones out there.

MtnViewPyro
12-07-2017, 03:09 PM
I really enjoy fountains but I get tired of crackle. For this show, I bought a gold glitter fountain from 76. For the 4th, I believe I will also insert some ground stuff like fountains as well. It’s unexpected and pretty I think.

NorthernKYPyro
12-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Can't do anything too crazy, I have a Major Riot 500g and a Tannerite M25.

fatcat
12-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Depending on the weather always try to do a small show with the leftover fireworks from the 4th plus a few that I purchase from a local supplier. Since we shoot at midnight try to keep it to a 10 min show max. This year with NYE being on a Sunday night add a few minutes to the show. Still have some neighbors that really don't appreciate the late night noise, but they tolerate it so try to keep them happy. Hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

yoshisbar
12-09-2017, 12:10 AM
Weather and all, this year I got my magazine approved, and have my atf license, SO if nothing else, I have 10 3" SHELLS that will go in the air, maybe a little snow for the effects, but if nothing else just because I can...

jknepp1954
12-09-2017, 08:28 AM
Yoshi - I LOVE the JUST BECAUSE I CAN phrase.
And Just because I CAN - I certainly will! LOL

hatsgoods
12-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Last 4th I used a construction adhesive. Did the job holding the product to the board but now I have a bunch of boards with almost like cement where I glued product down. Do you have trouble removing the glue after use? Or just use different board next time? Trying to cute some cost if possible lol

no i use a paint scarpper to take the glue off and then re use the board

RalphieJ
12-09-2017, 07:20 PM
That's awesome can't wait to see a video of it. Some people don't like fountains but there are quite a few good ones out there.

There are some MONSTER fountains out there that are very impressive. I purchased a few for the 4th from the blue-and-gray big-box store, a brand that I have criticized mercilessly in the past, and I'm gonna tell you, if Andy Boy Cuomo's parade-pissers find out about them, they'll outlaw them. Color, sequence, effects, height, and width were unseen by me in 1.4 items before, and the crackle effects were as loud as crackers and made me back up a few more feet. Got one left for NYE, can't wait..........

MtnViewPyro
12-10-2017, 12:07 AM
Can't do anything too crazy, I have a Major Riot 500g and a Tannerite M25.

I need to try the M25 next year. Seen it refused with fast fuse, seemed very nice on video.

MtnViewPyro
12-10-2017, 12:11 AM
Depending on the weather always try to do a small show with the leftover fireworks from the 4th plus a few that I purchase from a local supplier. Since we shoot at midnight try to keep it to a 10 min show max. This year with NYE being on a Sunday night add a few minutes to the show. Still have some neighbors that really don't appreciate the late night noise, but they tolerate it so try to keep them happy. Hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

I’m unable to do mine at midnight per permit rules. However, my parents and neighbors are older and wouldn’t make it for midnight anyways lol. So I will do mine around 9ish and then wife and I will go out and enjoy the ball drop and some music.

MtnViewPyro
12-10-2017, 12:13 AM
Weather and all, this year I got my magazine approved, and have my atf license, SO if nothing else, I have 10 3" SHELLS that will go in the air, maybe a little snow for the effects, but if nothing else just because I can...

Lol right on. Congrats on the license. Should post your “because I can” show.

MtnViewPyro
12-10-2017, 12:14 AM
no i use a paint scarpper to take the glue off and then re use the board

Thank you. I will drop the adhesive and use what you have been using.

Kenny East
12-11-2017, 12:00 AM
Haha understand Kenny. Do you have anything new this year you will be testing? So cool you make shells.

Got a few new shells I'm trying, been working on my first 6" shell. Also made a few 3" double break canister shells, Italian style. Looking forward to shooting the 6" shell... Never shot anything over 4" before so we're stepping up a bit.

Kenny East
12-11-2017, 12:02 AM
Thank you. I will drop the adhesive and use what you have been using.
A good sharp putty knife works well to remove construction adhesive

Rick_In_Tampa
12-12-2017, 07:38 PM
I've got about a half dozen 500G cakes, some mortars and a fan slice left over from the 4th that I'll be sending up at midnight.