View Full Version : i am curious: what is the A23 battery that pyroboom sells?

Icooclast
11-30-2017, 08:55 PM
is it a different kind of battery? i have never heard of it (i don't think) i know of double and triple a, c, d and 9 & 12 volt batteries, so how is A24 differing from those? do they last longer or something?

thanks in advance

PYRODAN
11-30-2017, 09:24 PM
It is a small 12 volt battery mostly used in small transmitters. A little smaller/shorter than a AAA.

Icooclast
11-30-2017, 11:03 PM
It is a small 12 volt battery mostly used in small transmitters. A little smaller/shorter than a AAA.

many thanks.

bigmike79
12-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Those are used for the remotes for the smaller firing systems.

nayslayer
12-01-2017, 01:13 PM
My house alarm has them too.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Most of the 12 channel wireless remote transmitters [aka China systems] use them--also, wireless door bells and many other devices. It is a very common battery.

displayfireworks1
12-02-2017, 08:56 AM
That is a great question for someone new to the small import remotes. I'll include a visual.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2775&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2776&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2777&stc=1

Icooclast
12-02-2017, 04:29 PM
thanks, dave. if i do get fireworks, it seems like the P1200 that pyroboom would be the best bet, it has more cues (i think like 1200) all i'd have to do is buy more modules once i gain more experience. would that be a correct assumption guys?

and while we are on the subject of batteries: approx. how long do the batteries of pyroboom (or just duracel/energizer) last in the modules and firing systems?

PYRODAN
12-02-2017, 10:51 PM
I have li-po batteries in all of my Cobra mods and they are rechargeable. Always show full after all cues have fired. Unless you are doing shows for 10 shows a year, I think age is going to be your biggest factor to battery life. I would just plan on changing batteries every year, just to be safe.

MtnViewPyro
12-03-2017, 12:59 AM
thanks, dave. if i do get fireworks, it seems like the P1200 that pyroboom would be the best bet, it has more cues (i think like 1200) all i'd have to do is buy more modules once i gain more experience. would that be a correct assumption guys?

and while we are on the subject of batteries: approx. how long do the batteries of pyroboom (or just duracel/energizer) last in the modules and firing systems?

Unless your just sold on the P1200, I think I could hook you up with a cheaper deal for basically the same main desk. As far as batteries, I have a small 12 cue system and just have Duracell batteries and they have lasted a full year. I take them out of the receiver after each use of course but I used them for a 19minute show on the 4th and used them about a 100 times playing around with stuff. For the type of system you are looking into, really don’t need any fancy batteries. However, if you plan on sticking with these types of systems, rechargeable batteries will most likely be cheaper in the long run. If you’re are interested in the system let me know. I think I have a picture on my profile.

Icooclast
12-03-2017, 03:27 AM
Unless your just sold on the P1200, I think I could hook you up with a cheaper deal for basically the same main desk. As far as batteries, I have a small 12 cue system and just have Duracell batteries and they have lasted a full year. I take them out of the receiver after each use of course but I used them for a 19minute show on the 4th and used them about a 100 times playing around with stuff. For the type of system you are looking into, really don’t need any fancy batteries. However, if you plan on sticking with these types of systems, rechargeable batteries will most likely be cheaper in the long run. If you’re are interested in the system let me know. I think I have a picture on my profile.

to be honest, i am not really sold on it if there is something better, but it seems to be the best one i've seen so far that is in the price range i have for my first e-firing adventure coming to a place near you, hopefully next year, lol. if cobra is what is what's on pyroboom's cobra section, then those... i feel are too expensive. that seems like something you upgrade to, not start out with. it's be like trowing me into the deep end without know how to swim. lol

but i am into you-guys' help. if i do get fireworks, i will be doing some e-firing, but mostly hand lighting because i don't think i'll quite enjoy just sitting/standing there pressing buttons and flipping switches. but i'm gonna try. remember: you gotta crawl before you can walk. thanks again everyone. keep the ideas flowing. i'm gonna need it.

PYRODAN
12-03-2017, 08:31 AM
Icooclast, once you e-fire you wont go back! The big difference is when you hand light, you're shooting off fireworks. With e-fire you're putting on a show! Imho.

MtnViewPyro
12-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Yeah I can’t afford cobra yet either because when I graduate to that system, I want to have a system ready and that will take several 18 or 36m. How many channels are you thinking about for the P1200?

Icooclast
12-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Yeah I can’t afford cobra yet either because when I graduate to that system, I want to have a system ready and that will take several 18 or 36m. How many channels are you thinking about for the P1200?

well, i am not thinking of doing a show, persay. i don't want thousands of dollars to be gone in like 20 min. ya know. i want it to last, but i am gonna e-fire my combined ideas from the vids i see, but it'll mostly be fused together and lit hand. until i see how much better e-firing is or isn't. like i said, i don't see it being as much fun, but i'm willing to give it a try.

but i do have different ideas based on the vids of the fireworks i see on how to light all the effects off at once to get a cool visual display going. still gotta look at more videos for inspiration, though.

MtnViewPyro
12-05-2017, 12:13 AM
well, i am not thinking of doing a show, persay. i don't want thousands of dollars to be gone in like 20 min. ya know. i want it to last, but i am gonna e-fire my combined ideas from the vids i see, but it'll mostly be fused together and lit hand. until i see how much better e-firing is or isn't. like i said, i don't see it being as much fun, but i'm willing to give it a try.

but i do have different ideas based on the vids of the fireworks i see on how to light all the effects off at once to get a cool visual display going. still gotta look at more videos for inspiration, though.

I enjoyed hand firing but I just can’t get the timing and spacing I can get with e-fire. I’m just a the beginner stage still but my world has forever changed. Plus, it’s fun to be sitting around the crowd and hearing their reactions that you can’t when hand lighting.

Mattp
12-06-2017, 07:51 AM
once you e-fire you wont go back! The big difference is when you hand light, you're shooting off fireworks. With e-fire you're putting on a show! Imho.

That is exactly what i said this year when i did an efired show for the first time!!! It is definitely a game changer.. and as far as making them last For a while.. your still in control of when they go off, .as much as i love it,,. when hand lighting there is always that element of danger and adrenaline that SLIGHTLY hinders being able to enjoy watching them.. when its all set up and your 1-200 ft away pushing buttons.. you actually get to fully enjoy it with the crowd... dont get me wrong.. i love it either way.. but definitely a differemt experience!!!

PYRODAN
12-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Hey, there is nothing wrong with 4k in 13:10! https://youtu.be/LRt6K6j3st8 Made for a pretty good show, no lag time, no running back and forth, no black sky. (OK, except for that one spot) Plus you can do what you want. I never could have done that comet run hand lighting. but you got to do what is right for you.

MtnViewPyro
12-07-2017, 03:10 PM
The comet run makes me won’t to fire off fireworks daily lol.

CMiller
12-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Lol, "shit", great job!

Kenny East
12-10-2017, 11:53 PM
I have a similar import system similar to the p1200 desk controller... It's very easy to expand and a good cost per cue system for beginning electronic firing. I use my system mostly to fire multiple locations and it's great for any 1.4pro products. I may upgrade to a cobra, but that's a project for another time.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Icooclast, once you e-fire you wont go back! The big difference is when you hand light, you're shooting off fireworks. With e-fire you're putting on a show! Imho.

I think you stated that perfectly!

Rick_In_Tampa
12-12-2017, 07:52 PM
i feel are too expensive. that seems like something you upgrade to, not start out with. it's be like trowing me into the deep end without know how to swim. lol

The only nugget I'll throw out there for you to consider is this. If you spend money on a system this year, and then spend more money on a Cobra system next year or the year after, what are you going to do with your initial system? It's unlikely that once you get the Cobra that you'll use both systems (not impossible! Just unlikely). So the money you spent on the "old" system will essentially be wasted money that could have gone towards your Cobra system. It might be better to just make the leap and invest in the Cobra and start building your mods each year until you get the number you need. E-firing is e-firing. No sense in learning one system only to shelf it and start with a new system a year later.

Just something to think about... Or not! Lol...

PYRODAN
12-12-2017, 10:13 PM
I agree with RICK_IN_TAMPA, I started with Cobra. The only mistake I made was buying the 18r then upgrading to the 18R2 the next year. I knew I should just went all in. After the first show I was like "this rocks! Dammit, I should have just bought the 18r2, I could have done much more!" But as I said before, you have to do what is right for you. I know dropping the cash can be agonizing, but if you ask anyone on here who is e-firing, whatever system they use, they will tell you its the way to go. If you are going to do a bigger show anyway. I did a lot of one fuse shows before I bought my system, and they were "pretty good" But I cannot see going back.
(ok, I still like shooting off bottle rockets with a little torch though.)