PDA

View Full Version : how are 76's quest and the power horse shells?

Icooclast
11-29-2017, 08:55 PM
i remember someone on here saying they thought the quest shells were a bit of a let down, anyone have any problems with quest? and the victory horse is pretty expensive for a ball shell kit, does anyone have any experience with those? i mean Victory Horse is at least $50 more per case than what hellcats are, and not counting shell kits with dozens of shells, it is more expensive per case than most of them, and it only has 20 shells per box... are they really worth it?

any opinions on these 2 or any of 76's artillery shells would be greatly appreciated. i mean, i've seen the videos and as we all know most things seen on video aren't always what they appear to be. so i'm just wondering what people who have lit them think of them?

MtnViewPyro
11-29-2017, 11:55 PM
Quest shells are one of the shells I have recently messed with. In my opinion, they are just average. Nothing to be disappointed about but nothing to be excited about either. I believe why some would be let down with them are due to them being a Brothers product. Brothers make some of the best 200 and 500 gram cakes so many would think their shells would be up there. Again, in my opinion, there are others that will make you more happy.

As far as the victory horse, I haven’t messed with them. Someone could educate you and I on the ball shells to go for. I never got into buying ball shells. When I think of artillery shells, im looking for the thump more than the effect. If I want the effect to be pretty I get 500gram cakes or single shot pro line stuff.

James76
12-01-2017, 02:46 PM
We have better ball shells than Victory Horse to be honest. American Cheif is typically what we recommend as our best-quality ball shell, though any of the Brothers' ball shells are pretty good. I think Quest is a pretty solid 60-gram can. We have some people tell us Smoke N Mirrors are better, some that tell us that Quest is better, so I think they are fairly similar in quality.

If you are looking for 2018 I can make a couple recommendations of things to try. All we have seen so far are pre-production samples, so I can't say if they will arrive better/worse than some other product.

Icooclast
12-01-2017, 05:21 PM
We have better ball shells than Victory Horse to be honest. American Cheif is typically what we recommend as our best-quality ball shell, though any of the Brothers' ball shells are pretty good. I think Quest is a pretty solid 60-gram can. We have some people tell us Smoke N Mirrors are better, some that tell us that Quest is better, so I think they are fairly similar in quality.

If you are looking for 2018 I can make a couple recommendations of things to try. All we have seen so far are pre-production samples, so I can't say if they will arrive better/worse than some other product.

thanks, just what i needed. i already have American Chief on my list. can't wait to try them out

esgrillo
12-01-2017, 06:31 PM
another option is the 76 Supernova. Some of the breaks are huge especially the strobe. Golden willow is only one that is sub par in that line IMO.

joed2323
12-01-2017, 11:20 PM
I love supernovas

You can buy a case(s) of gold willows, crackle, glitter etc.

Very nice throwing up cases of all one effect

Icooclast
12-02-2017, 12:25 AM
I love supernovas

You can buy a case(s) of gold willows, crackle, glitter etc.

Very nice throwing up cases of all one effect

yeah, guys. the supernova cans look good too. i got some of them on my list as well. still not sure what i'm going to get, though. still haven't figured out my budget but i like the hellcats, super novas and smoke n mirrors ones. if anyone else has any thoughts/favorites, please let me know

joed2323
12-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Price point wise. Excals are still usually one of the cheapest you can get per case

Rick_In_Tampa
12-12-2017, 08:15 PM
I used the Hellcat and Smoke-N-Mirrors cans this year for my finale and they were great! A friend of mine said the finale was "insane!"