PDA

View Full Version : Dominator Pro rack build

cherrybomb1
11-26-2017, 03:24 AM
Just finished up my racks i built for the 1.4 Pro product i bought from Casabella last month.I Thought i would share the pics with the forum.The rack on the right backside i had to use my router to make grooves on the baseboard because the fuse ports are located on the bottom of the tubes.

Zippster
11-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Wow, love the work. Really nice touch with the painting. Plain plywood sucks, lol.

Rick_In_Tampa
11-26-2017, 05:33 PM
They look great! Nice touch with the paint schemes.

cherrybomb1
11-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Got a little bored with my 5 days off from work for the Thanksgiving holiday.Of course the wife was out shopping so whats a guy to do!lol

Rick_In_Tampa
11-26-2017, 08:15 PM
If my wife is out shopping I know what to do. Put a hold on the credit cards!!!

cherrybomb1
11-26-2017, 08:39 PM
I get a feeling my Xmas present will be the 36m i just bought!.Thanks Scott

hawkeye0323
11-26-2017, 08:45 PM
What are the mortar tubes?

cherrybomb1
11-26-2017, 08:59 PM
What are the mortar tubes?
The big ones are Dominator Pro PFX62BB-assortment(various effects)and the smaller ones are Dominator PFX35CM-CCS.There all single shot tubes.YouTube has video of them.

MtnViewPyro
11-27-2017, 12:58 AM
Those are really nice cherrybomb. I made a bunch of 1.75 racks last month and they don’t look that pretty lol. I want and plan on getting 1.4pro single shots from 76 for next 4th and your pics gave me a great idea how to secure them.

cherrybomb1
11-27-2017, 01:17 AM
Those are really nice cherrybomb. I made a bunch of 1.75 racks last month and they don’t look that pretty lol. I want and plan on getting 1.4pro single shots from 76 for next 4th and your pics gave me a great idea how to secure them.
Thanks Mtnview,I guess I can be a little Anal at times lol.Do you have any pics of your setup with the slices ,I bought some of those also.I would like to the 1.75 racks you built too...its good bounce ideas off of each other.Thanks!

chriskrc
11-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Great job on the racks they look awesome

cherrybomb1
11-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Great job on the racks they look awesome

Thanks Chriskrc,if it wasn't for Dave's website i wouldn't be doing any of this stuff.I used to travel to Indiana every year and hand light everything i bought.You guys and this website have opened up a whole new world(and pocket book)to me.lol.

MtnViewPyro
11-27-2017, 05:02 PM
Cherrybomb,

I have attached the racks you asked for. Had some trouble attaching these so hopefully they show up when I hit submit lol. Anyways, the 1.75 rack is basically a 6shot sleeve. Depending on what is needed, I can just tack a bottom on this sleeve and use as a 6shot or if I need 12, 18, and so on, I can attach them together and then nail rails on the bottom and top to add stability. I made like 20 sleeves recently.

As far as the rack/stand for slices and sweeps. The picture shows my first build. Going forward I will cut pegboard to the size of the slice or sweep. The one pictured, I will use for a slice and I will also attach some comets and mines since it is rather long. I only have a circular saw and no workbench of any kind, so cutting wide boards in half or smaller sizes isn’t easy. However, I believe Santa is bringing me a work bench and a few new tools lol.

cherrybomb1
11-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Cherrybomb,

I have attached the racks you asked for. Had some trouble attaching these so hopefully they show up when I hit submit lol. Anyways, the 1.75 rack is basically a 6shot sleeve. Depending on what is needed, I can just tack a bottom on this sleeve and use as a 6shot or if I need 12, 18, and so on, I can attach them together and then nail rails on the bottom and top to add stability. I made like 20 sleeves recently.

As far as the rack/stand for slices and sweeps. The picture shows my first build. Going forward I will cut pegboard to the size of the slice or sweep. The one pictured, I will use for a slice and I will also attach some comets and mines since it is rather long. I only have a circular saw and no workbench of any kind, so cutting wide boards in half or smaller sizes isn’t easy. However, I believe Santa is bringing me a work bench and a few new tools lol.

Thanks for the pics Mtview.The peg board looks like a good idea.Im fortunate that I get 90% of my wood for free at work .Equipment comes into the plant in crates and they just throw everything out.

shake the cove
11-27-2017, 09:46 PM
Wish I had 5 days off for Thanksgiving...sigh. But seriously nice paint job and build
Got a little bored with my 5 days off from work for the Thanksgiving holiday.Of course the wife was out shopping so whats a guy to do!lol

PYRODAN
11-27-2017, 10:10 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2773&stc=1Hey, nice rack !!! lol. Good job on the racks, they look good.http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2772&stc=1
These are the racks I made for the Dominator 60mm single shots and fan slices.

cherrybomb1
11-27-2017, 11:51 PM
2773Hey, nice rack !!! lol. Good job on the racks, they look good.2772
These are the racks I made for the Dominator 60mm single shots and fan slices.

Looks like you have some of the single shots with the port on the bottom also.Do you shoot your slices off individually or all together in a setup like that?.I have never used them before so I'm looking for a little advice

MtnViewPyro
11-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Looks like you have some of the single shots with the port on the bottom also.Do you shoot your slices off individually or all together in a setup like that?.I have never used them before so I'm looking for a little advice

You can shoot them off individually. That’s a better setup than my pegboard idea actually for slices. Pegboard is expensive and the racks would take up a lot of space. Was just easier for me due to lack of tools. I’m not sure about Dominator brand but I’m sure they are like 76 slices and have a thick plastic cover so you don’t have to worry about crossfire so Pyrodans slice rack is ideal.

PYRODAN
11-30-2017, 09:03 PM
I shot my slices one at a time at different points in the show. Next year I might do like 5, in .2 second intervals. still working on what I want to do. The port on those were on the bottom and side, depending on the item number. The single shot is 3 rows of 8. The rows are at 15* 0* 15*. I wired them up so I could send 3 up at a time. For the height of those shells it worked well. 3 basically simultaneous evenly spacer breaks in the sky. The Dominator slices didn't have thick plastic cover. It was basically a quick match leader with a e-match port at the end. I had no issues with cross fires.

pyroboom
12-16-2017, 12:42 AM
OP: Will those racks fit HDPE DR11 Tubes? If so, that would be awesome.

PYRODAN
12-16-2017, 04:22 PM
The outside diameter of the Dominator single shots is larger than a DR-11 outside diameter. I can not speak for other manufacturers product.