PDA

View Full Version : in your opinion: which is the loudest shell on spirit of 76's web site?

Icooclast
10-23-2017, 05:54 PM
i haven't had any of the newer ones, but i've heard good things about hell cats. but i tried watching the video for it, and as agreed on here, the tape is enhanced. so any opinions on which are the loudest canister or ball shells they have? doesn't matter. it just has to be the loudest.

thanks everyone

Rick_In_Tampa
10-23-2017, 06:58 PM
For what it's worth, I used hellcat can in my show this year and I was more than pleased.

MtnViewPyro
10-23-2017, 11:17 PM
My vote is hellcats. Price, thump, and effect you can’t find many others that will blow them away. Below is a link of me shooting off 18. You will have to fast forward through the talking.

https://youtu.be/guM8pTEjmFY

Icooclast
10-24-2017, 01:07 AM
My vote is hellcats. Price, thump, and effect you can’t find many others that will blow them away. Below is a link of me shooting off 18. You will have to fast forward through the talking.

https://youtu.be/guM8pTEjmFY

thanks a lot. that gave me a really good idea of how powerful it is and how the effects are. if i do order from 76 next year, i'll put them on my list. keep 'em coming guys.

oh, and how are hellcats against Excals? which is louder than the other? your best guess. doesn't have to be perfect

Mattp
10-24-2017, 07:32 AM
They have a great selection, i havent tried them all.....yet,. Lol. but i was VERY pleased with the hellcats last year. Possibly more than excals and smoke n mirrors.. i know all consumer shells are very similar/ almost identical.. so maybe its a mental thing.. lol..but it definitely seems like there are some slight variations.. i hear good things about there supernova cans and echo in the year..too.. that maybe this years test... i almost cant resist trying the smiley face ones too!!!

Icooclast
10-24-2017, 07:38 AM
They have a great selection, i havent tried them all.....yet,. Lol. but i was VERY pleased with the hellcats last year. Possibly more than excals and smoke n mirrors.. i know all consumer shells are very similar/ almost identical.. so maybe its a mental thing.. lol..but it definitely seems like there are some slight variations.. i hear good things about there supernova cans and echo in the year..too.. that maybe this years test... i almost cant resist trying the smiley face ones too!!!

thanks for the info. i don't think i'll be getting the smiley ones, though. since there's no guarantee they will all break right side up. might want to consider that, if that matters to you or not? you may end up with some frowny faces. lol.

MtnViewPyro
10-24-2017, 02:13 PM
I have little experience with excals. I’ve only shot off one shell and that was two days ago. I also got the mysterious double lift shell lol so I’m not a good judge. With that said, the excal was brocade crown and the hellcat was brocade to white strobe. The hellcat was slightly louder but the excal had a wider break. The wider break may have to do with the hellcat changing to white strobe or may not. Supernova cans are less loud than hellcat but are great to purchase if you want a particular effect. To date, the loudest shell I have used was Pyro Demon, Demon Shells. Again, that’s only one shell shot off. I’ve literally shot off over 200 hellcat cans in the last 3 months and can tell you they are very consistent and you won’t be disappointed.

Donnie
10-24-2017, 03:00 PM
thanks for the info. i don't think i'll be getting the smiley ones, though. since there's no guarantee they will all break right side up. might want to consider that, if that matters to you or not? you may end up with some frowny faces. lol.

Always shoot smiley shells in multiples, as you're more likely to get right orientation out of at least 1-2. Once the audience knows what they are, they can decipher them in about any orientation. Smiley ROCKETS don't have this issue, as they're oriented by the stable flight of the rocket instead of tumbling end-over-end.

displayfireworks1
10-24-2017, 06:37 PM
I am shooting some artillery shells this Friday if all goes as planned. Going to help my friend "Ziggy" again, you may remember the video from last year. I believe I still have some Hellcat canisters. Perhaps I'll add a flight of those. The plan will be to shoot it this year remotely if possible. I'll have video on it for review.

Icooclast
10-24-2017, 07:43 PM
I am shooting some artillery shells this Friday if all goes as planned. Going to help my friend "Ziggy" again, you may remember the video from last year. I believe I still have some Hellcat canisters. Perhaps I'll add a flight of those. The plan will be to shoot it this year remotely if possible. I'll have video on it for review.

cool. thanks :) good luck, i hope everything works out for you.

Spiritof76
10-25-2017, 02:31 PM
Hi-Our Hellcats are currently out of stock, but I am hopeful that they will be back in stock by New Years. If anyone wants to reserve a case or more, feel free to e-mail me at thurbert@76fireworks.com.

Thanks!

Icooclast
10-26-2017, 06:36 AM
quest also looking (and sounds) like a good shell, but i thought i read someone on here saying they were disappointed with it? anyone know anything about quest, or perhaps of a video of just those shells going off?