PDA

View Full Version : what happened to spirit of 76's web site?

Icooclast
10-22-2017, 05:08 PM
i get an internal error when i go to their website now. i even tried to enter via search in a search engine (yahoo) which worked before, but not now.

anyone have any ideas as to what can be wrong? i have tried to go to the site on firefox and internet explorer and i get an error.

MtnViewPyro
10-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Yeah I checked and get the same thing. I know from the past, there has been Sundays that I haven’t been able to access their site but never have received that message. I always assumed they updated stuff when I couldn’t get in but this screen looks more concerning.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-22-2017, 07:24 PM
I'm having the same problem. I e-mailed Ben Muzzy to find out what's going on with their site.

Icooclast
10-22-2017, 07:27 PM
I always assumed they updated stuff when I couldn’t get in but this screen looks more concerning.

yeah, i did the same thing and agree this looks more serious.

MtnViewPyro
10-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Looks like they have things back up and running.

Spiritof76
10-23-2017, 02:16 PM
Looks like they have things back up and running.

Yes, the website is back-up and running. I am sorry that it was down for a while over the weekend. If anyone has more troubles using the site, feel free to call me at 573-447-1776 and I would be happy to process your order over the phone.

-Tim

DexTee
11-09-2017, 12:29 AM
Tim, just of note, the search field has never worked for me when searching for a product by name.

I have to google it and get a part number, or reference a catalog for a part number, and then search on the part number.

Do you have any information on why a name search does not work? This would be helpful to a lot of us.

Thanks, -Dex

Icooclast
11-09-2017, 02:58 AM
Tim, just of note, the search field has never worked for me when searching for a product by name.

I have to google it and get a part number, or reference a catalog for a part number, and then search on the part number.

Do you have any information on why a name search does not work? This would be helpful to a lot of us.

Thanks, -Dex

hello dex. just out of curiosity, i tried to search for stuff too. some times it doesn't want to work a long time ago when i tried, but it works for me now. i searched for brand specific and some stuff showed up in a drop down menu. i also tried searching for hellcats to see if they came up and they did. i ran a couple other searches (both when i was and was not signed into my account) seems to work to me. maybe try again? i know sometimes the site has a problem with me using firefox and won't let me sign in, so i have to go over to explorer and access it that way. maybe something like that would work?

DexTee
11-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Thank you for posting that reply.

I tried again this morning, and the search is working just fine.

I have done nothing different, and I'm using the browser that I always use as my primary (Microsoft Edge), and I will also use Mozilla Firefox if sites don't seem right through Edge.
I then also tried Google Chrome and Safari from my phone, and they both work this morning as well. :-)

I'd be curious to see if this message was seen by someone at Spirit of 76, and something was reset on their side.

James76
11-09-2017, 05:20 PM
It appears our web team has fixed/improved search. A couple quirks we did not like about our search seem to have been corrected. Whenever users have issues, we appreciate the feedback so we can get it corrected right away.

DexTee
11-09-2017, 10:27 PM
It appears our web team has fixed/improved search. A couple quirks we did not like about our search seem to have been corrected. Whenever users have issues, we appreciate the feedback so we can get it corrected right away.

Thank you James and team!