PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

lovedumpstir
10-19-2017, 09:25 PM
Hey everybody,

I've been doing shows for my neighborhood for about a year now when I was allowed to on certain days. But I'm going to try to make this a business. The problem I have is I have to get permits to do shows at "off times" with my local fire department. I'll include the link down below. I just want to know what they mean by "qualifications" and where I go about getting those.

https://eforms.acfw.net/iFiller/iFiller.jsp?fref=9819329cc4039ccfd7c42df5a378c606

Thanks,

Erick

displayfireworks1
10-19-2017, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure how old you are, why don't you consider working part time for one of the fireworks display companies in your area. Then you can get a feel for seeing what all is involved in the fireworks display business.

lovedumpstir
10-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Dave,

Nice to have you comment yourself but I'm a grown ass man. All my shows are done with a cobra firing system that I learned how to use on my own. I was just inquiring on what they want to see? I'm a PGI member I just was asking if I need a PGI DOC? I'm also looking in the future to attend your course on getting my 54 license. Just questions.

displayfireworks1
10-20-2017, 07:27 AM
It unusual for me to hear as you put it "a grown ass man" ask to define the word qualifications on a fireworks permit. I am done explaining what it takes to be in the display fireworks business because I bruised too many egos telling people they can't do something so easily. My focus is to get hobbyist ATF licensed and stay hobbyist or better yet to work part time for a display fireworks company. A simple answer to your question is, to start with your own fireworks magazine and around minimum $20,000 in start up capital. If you plan to hire other people add more start up capital. Don't expect to make any money the first 2 years. Or, operate under the radar doing small shows and hope nothing goes wrong or the police pull you over driving a for profit display on the roads without the proper insurance credentials$$$$$. If you have the start up capital, I suggest paying a consultant to help get it started.
If another forums member wants to take shot at answer this question please feel free to do so.

MtnViewPyro
10-21-2017, 11:10 PM
Hey everybody,

I've been doing shows for my neighborhood for about a year now when I was allowed to on certain days. But I'm going to try to make this a business. The problem I have is I have to get permits to do shows at "off times" with my local fire department. I'll include the link down below. I just want to know what they mean by "qualifications" and where I go about getting those.

https://eforms.acfw.net/iFiller/iFiller.jsp?fref=9819329cc4039ccfd7c42df5a378c606

Thanks,

Erick

To do anything as a ‘business’ you must meet all local, state, and federal qualifications before you even begin to think about calling yourself a business. This includes filing for tax identification numbers and even ensuring the potential name of your business is on file. Always a good idea to check your specific states Secretary of State webpage for all business start up steps to follow.

Depending on your municipality, they may check all of the stated qualifications but they may not. However, if something goes wrong, you can bet ‘your grown ass’ if you missed any step in becoming a legitimate business, you will be hammered in any legal case.

After meeting the qualifications of becoming a business in the eyes of local, state, and federal authorities, you can then start working on meeting the qualifications they are requesting on the form you pasted.