PDA

View Full Version : 21 gun salute

josbor01
10-16-2017, 11:33 AM
looking for recommendations in the consumer line for a product that i can use for a 21 gun salute - is there a shell that will provide just the "bang" with no color or effect ? if not, I can get a 2.5" or 3" salute on the 1.3 side (yes I have my type-54); but wanted to see if there was a product that can be used with out me making a special trip to my distributor.

PyroJoeNEPA
10-16-2017, 07:07 PM
Since a 21 gun salute is shot in three volleys of seven shots there are a few ways to approach the issue.
Anything you do will require a little refusing.
There are 1.4g ball shells out there that will do what you want---you would need to fast fuse them into chains. I don't want to get into "what shells to use"--they are out there--but a color shell would not be that much of an issue.
Another alternative is a Tannerite M25 air burst. It is a relatively slow cake so you would need to dissect it into three sections of 7 tubes and refuse it with fast fuse. That would most likely be your best bet.
There are 1.75" 1.3g salutes available--see FireArt Lidu shells....as well as a multitude of 2.5" & 3".
I would suggest not going overboard with a heavy salute for a somber moment like this. Emotions will be high as it is, and you don't want to rattle people with 3" salutes...just my thoughts as a pyro & veteran. I've seem people jump just from the sound of blanks fired from an M1 carbine at graveside.
Hope you find a workable solution. Keep us posted.