PDA

View Full Version : (1sec) 76 Pro Line Flame: Super Bright

MtnViewPyro
10-16-2017, 12:31 AM
Got these in the other day. Super bright.

https://youtu.be/BO9DYEQbMdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9DYEQbMdA&feature=youtu.be

Mattp
10-16-2017, 06:18 PM
Very cool..may have to add some of those. my list just keeps growing.. hahaha!!!

Rick_In_Tampa
10-16-2017, 06:54 PM
I've got a case of those on order for next year's show. They looked like a great alternative to trying to make my own flame effects.

MtnViewPyro
10-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Very cool..may have to add some of those. my list just keeps growing.. hahaha!!!

Lol I know how you feel. I’ve got my new year stash ready finally. If you want some flames these are very cool, camera doesn’t do them justice.

MtnViewPyro
10-16-2017, 11:35 PM
I've got a case of those on order for next year's show. They looked like a great alternative to trying to make my own flame effects.

I think you will be happy with your order. I’ve tried green and red thus far and both are super bright. I’ve got a neat plan for them for my New Years show, going to add some invisible boom with them to really highlight them. Just have to keep fingers crossed that boom and flame happen together lol

MtnViewPyro
10-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Here is a gold glitter fountain. I enjoy fountains but not a fan of the crackle/strobe that almost all fountains have these days. Makes me dizzy to be honest. This fountain fixes that

https://youtu.be/DK1gBIzypfw

fatcat
10-17-2017, 12:16 AM
OK guys. I got to confess. I don't get the value of using this device in a "neighborhood show" Looks like to me the chief reason for using something like this is to ruin the average viewers night vision for a few seconds. I have been doing neighborhood shows since the early 70's and I found that most of the show's nearest viewers were at least 200 feet away and really liked the aerial shells where you here the thump of it going off and then seeing the sky change into multi colors. What am I missing. No offense intended, believe me,but I would rather use the money spent on these devices to buy a cake or canister shells. Somebody please enlighten me. Maybe I need to change my shows.

P,S. George Dickel helped me write this so if you are offended blame him. LOL

MtnViewPyro
10-17-2017, 01:48 AM
OK guys. I got to confess. I don't get the value of using this device in a "neighborhood show" Looks like to me the chief reason for using something like this is to ruin the average viewers night vision for a few seconds. I have been doing neighborhood shows since the early 70's and I found that most of the show's nearest viewers were at least 200 feet away and really liked the aerial shells where you here the thump of it going off and then seeing the sky change into multi colors. What am I missing. No offense intended, believe me,but I would rather use the money spent on these devices to buy a cake or canister shells. Somebody please enlighten me. Maybe I need to change my shows.

For me, I’m using them as an intro for my New Years show. Crowd will be shouting countdown, each number 10-1 I will be hitting a cue with a flame and boom. Can’t really go into how I’m making the boom. In the above video I stated not to set these off very close to the crowd as one could lose an eye for a few hours lol. However, when I set one off roughly 200 yards away, it didn’t bother any of us. In my mind when thinking of this plan, I thought about my individual crowd. They have seen cakes and shells but never flames, slices, sweeps, or fountains. When I say fountains, they have seen fountains but not incorporated into an electronically fired show from me. So I’m going to give them a variety of new and old. Just having some fun with ideas and after the New Year show the flames may find themselves in shows going forward or I may never use them again. However, my 9 year old nephew has asked to set off another flame several times since we did the one in the video lol so for him, flames may become a usual.

chriskrc
10-17-2017, 06:54 AM
That's pretty awesome. Especially since they come in different colors.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-17-2017, 03:29 PM

Fatcat - I plan on doing a pyro-musical next year. One of the songs is going to be "Fuel" by Metallica. The entire song is going to be flame effects and orange cakes/shells/comets. The 1 sec flame effects are going to punctuate certain points in the song where I plan to add some "Silver Swirl" effects to emulate an explosion. That's the going in plan. I also have on order some of the multicolor flame effects to compliment a slow burning and silent aerial effect with the same colors that will be gently falling while I play Ray Charles America the Beautiful.

I looked at a lot of these effects on their own and thought, what the hell would I do with that?! Then I went to PGI in Aug and I saw the 1.4G show Spirit of 76 put on and I was literally blown away! Now I know what you can do with those effects, and I plan to come July 4th 2018!!

I would invite you to Google their show from PGI and see for yourself. Lots of great ideas in there even for someone with your years of experience.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-17-2017, 03:33 PM
In my mind when thinking of this plan, I thought about my individual crowd. They have seen cakes and shells but never flames, slices, sweeps, or fountains.

BINGO!! My friend you hit the nail on the head with that statement. That's why my next show is going to be heavy into all four of the items you just mentioned. I want to totally shake things up this next year.

Spiritof76
10-17-2017, 03:36 PM
The red and green ones work great for pyro-musicals with Christmas music!

Rick_In_Tampa
10-17-2017, 03:37 PM
Just have to keep fingers crossed that boom and flame happen together lol

Lol... Yeah, that would be nice. You use a Cobra system yes? Did you modify any of the flame effects to get them to light faster? I'm assuming they're all visco. I saw a You Tube video where a guy replaced the visco with some fast fuse just to get them to light quicker. Didn't look terribly difficult.

MtnViewPyro
10-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Lol... Yeah, that would be nice. You use a Cobra system yes? Did you modify any of the flame effects to get them to light faster? I'm assuming they're all visco. I saw a You Tube video where a guy replaced the visco with some fast fuse just to get them to light quicker. Didn't look terribly difficult.

They are super easy to poke and put an MJG inside. Actually much easier than the 30sec flames because the visco goes underneath the powder instead of going up top into that black glue like stuff. That’s how I fired in the video I posted.

I bought these, like u, after watching 76 PGI show this year. Their shows are amazing and make me want to grow. I haven’t graduated to cobra or pyromusicals as I’m still very green to this world of electronic firing shows. My plan is maybe 2020 for cobra and pyromusicals. By then I will have enough money saved and also be well educated on products and staging.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-17-2017, 09:43 PM
They are super easy to poke and put an MJG inside. Actually much easier than the 30sec flames because the visco goes underneath the powder instead of going up top into that black glue like stuff. That’s how I fired in the video I posted.

I bought these, like u, after watching 76 PGI show this year. Their shows are amazing and make me want to grow. I haven’t graduated to cobra or pyromusicals as I’m still very green to this world of electronic firing shows. My plan is maybe 2020 for cobra and pyromusicals. By then I will have enough money saved and also be well educated on products and staging.

That's perfect. Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'm trying to avoid using visco at all costs!

This pyro hobby is very much an evolutionary experience. At least it has been for me. I started out shooting a few cakes from a local tent, to using the Cobra on 44 cases of wholesale stuff from SO76 last year. Never during that period did I have the sense to actually analyze a show like I watched at PGI to see how the individual effects can be put together to create something magical. It was really an "Ah ha!" moment for me. Just kicking myself that I didn't wake up to it sooner.

As a result next year will be my first pyro musical. That means more money, more effects, and a sound system! When I read "By then I will have enough money saved" I chuckled. In my mind that's like saying, "when I reach the end of the universe." Speaking for myself, I just don't see it happening. I certainly hope for your sake you get there my friend! But don't be surprised if you don't. Either way, it's one hell of a fun ride!!

MtnViewPyro
10-17-2017, 11:05 PM
That's perfect. Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'm trying to avoid using visco at all costs!

This pyro hobby is very much an evolutionary experience. At least it has been for me. I started out shooting a few cakes from a local tent, to using the Cobra on 44 cases of wholesale stuff from SO76 last year. Never during that period did I have the sense to actually analyze a show like I watched at PGI to see how the individual effects can be put together to create something magical. It was really an "Ah ha!" moment for me. Just kicking myself that I didn't wake up to it sooner.

As a result next year will be my first pyro musical. That means more money, more effects, and a sound system! When I read "By then I will have enough money saved" I chuckled. In my mind that's like saying, "when I reach the end of the universe." Speaking for myself, I just don't see it happening. I certainly hope for your sake you get there my friend! But don't be surprised if you don't. Either way, it's one hell of a fun ride!!

Lol yeah I am “hoping” I reach the money saved but probably not and just dive in. I’m still working on my degree, so money doesn’t stretch much these days as I would prefer. I’m hoping to be done at the end of the year and things will change quickly.

I hear ya about visco. Everything I purchased for the New Year I am able to poke and insert MJG except a fountain I purchased. I have awhile, I might be able to figure out something with it as well but the part of my show it will be in, waiting on talons will work.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Lol yeah I am “hoping” I reach the money saved but probably not and just dive in. I’m still working on my degree, so money doesn’t stretch much these days as I would prefer. I’m hoping to be done at the end of the year and things will change quickly.

Congrats in advance then! The degree is infinitely more important than pyro. That will be a great Christmas present too!

cptnding
10-18-2017, 09:28 PM
I looked at a lot of these effects on their own and thought, what the hell would I do with that?! Then I went to PGI in Aug and I saw the 1.4G show Spirit of 76 put on and I was literally blown away! Now I know what you can do with those effects, and I plan to come July 4th 2018!!

Yep. Those SO76 shows are fantastic. Definitely a source of inspiration and ideas for me as well.I honestly think their stuff was what finally pushed me over the edge to jump into the Cobra and MJG last year. Couldn't be happier with the results. I don't shoot pyromusicals though. Maybe one day..... :D

MtnViewPyro
10-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Congrats in advance then! The degree is infinitely more important than pyro. That will be a great Christmas present too!

Thanks Rick. Been going forever. Yeah it would be a great Christmas present for sure. I’m hoping my chairman and committee has the same idea but they have been quite brutal lately lol. A Christmas/New Years/Graduation show would feel great!!!

MtnViewPyro
10-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Yep. Those SO76 shows are fantastic. Definitely a source of inspiration and ideas for me as well.I honestly think their stuff was what finally pushed me over the edge to jump into the Cobra and MJG last year. Couldn't be happier with the results. I don't shoot pyromusicals though. Maybe one day..... :D

Just curious, how many receivers did you start with?

esgrillo
10-19-2017, 06:37 AM
like them, may add next year.

MtnViewPyro
10-19-2017, 04:18 PM
like them, may add next year.

Flame or no flame, your shows are amazing. Would like to see how to incorporate them if you do decide to add them.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-19-2017, 09:54 PM
I honestly think their stuff was what finally pushed me over the edge to jump into the Cobra and MJG last year.

IMHO it's pointless to even consider using specialty items like these flames and the like unless you're using some type of firing system. I chained 20 cases of 500G cakes together with visco 2 years ago and it was a nightmare. Forget about timing. Forget about incorporating specialty items into any type of coordinated show. Again... IMHO, if you're going to be serious about this pyro stuff (and not just looking to set off stuff once a year in front of the house) a firing system is a must.

I bought 4 of the 18M's last year and already I know I'm going to need at least 4 more this year. Already eyeballing the new 36 cue mods!!