PDA

View Full Version : Comet and Mine Tube Question

MtnViewPyro
10-11-2017, 12:11 AM
In the attempt to up my game, I'm going to incorporate comet and mines into my shows going forward. In the past, I just used wooden stakes and duct tape but after one falling from the stake and another catching the ground on fire, I'm going to start using hdpe tubes. Depending on what I'm doing, I will either attach the tube to a stake or have them shot from a rack. Regardless, I was wondering what size tube you guys use for this. I most likely will always use comets and mines from 76 due to me not having to pay for shipping. However, I'm sure other pro line brands have rather similar sizing. On 76 website their single shot comets will drop in a 2" or larger tube and the mines 2.5". Wouldn't buying a 3" tube for both be the smarter option? I know a 2" tube will fit in a regular consumer rack built for DR11's but I'm thinking to keep down the confusion 3" tubes would be the better route for both. Please let me know what you guys think and if there is any cons using a 3" tube for the comets or any cons using tubes for these single shot comets and mines in general?

Kenny East
10-11-2017, 01:09 AM
They shoot out of their own tube, so it won't make too much difference... Unless it's angled really hard inside the tube. That would be less of an issue with a tighter fitting tube or a shorter tube. Other than the angle issue, just cost and weight. Some shrink wrap roll tubes from a warehouse or shipping company have a 3" id and wouldn't cost much if anything. The ones i get are 36" long, I've got a few cut to 12" length and plugged. Could always use a small block of wood as a shim to keep the mine/comet tube in line with the tube you place it in.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-16-2017, 07:25 PM
MVP - I just went through this exercise and I got some great rack ideas from PyroJoeNEPA and a few others.

Look for the thread "Comet Racks" in this same (Consumer Fireworks) area. Hopefully you'll get the ideas you need.

MtnViewPyro
10-16-2017, 11:30 PM
Thanks Rick I will definitely check it out.