PDA

View Full Version : Class C Fireworks @ the Crackerjacks - 8 October 2017

jbt68
10-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Pyrotalk,
Here is a link to a YouTube video of the small 1.4g/1.4g Pro display my friend and I put on this past weekend at the Crackerjacks Fireworks Club event at Culpeper, VA. We were lucky to get the show off the ground since I spent most of the weekend helping to set up the club's main 1.3g display and lost track of time! It was after 6PM before we started setup! This was the first show I have ever put together using a plan and a firing system. This was a step sequenced show using a Starfire system. This same system fired the big club display later that night. As you can imagine with a time compressed setup some things got messed up. The 36-shell finale got fused but not matched, so it does not go up at the end. I got impatient in a few seconds and fired cues on top of one another a couple of times. It was a learning experience to say the least! This was fired from 3 positions, each 100 feet from center. This spacing could probably have been pushed out at least another 50 feet each way. The product used was:

Dominator Silver Comet w/ Red Strobe Mine (PFX13FR-3) (5 pcs)
TNT Purple People Eater (cake) (4 pcs)
Dominator Purple Peony Finale Box (cake) (PFX30-P) (2 pcs)
Dominator 10 shot 2" Brocade w/ Red Pistil (cake) (PFX574B)(2 pcs)
Dominator Top Shelf Fan Cake (DM580) (1 pc)
Red Ox Redneck Revenge 500g Cake (OX503) (3 pcs)
Dominator G-Shock 200g Cake (DM235) (4 pcs)
Dominator 25 shot Color Falling Leaves (cake) (PFX5214) (2 pcs)
Dominator 25 shot Brocade Finale Box (cake) (PFX30-BR) (2 pcs)
Dominator 10 shot 2" Red, White, Blue Peony (cake) (PFX574A) (2 pcs)
Pyro Demon Demon Artillery Shells
Winda Depth Alone Dilated Shells
Wild Dragon Target Engaged Shells
128 total shells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inCMzRfh-Xs&t=6s

jbt68
10-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Correction... Should be Mad Ox Redneck Revenge 500g cake! Can't seem to find the "edit" button on this forum!

MtnViewPyro
10-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Very nice jbt68! I have a lot to learn for sure and spacing is something I haven’t figured out. I need to run some tests with my site to find out what I can do with the space and obstacles. I enjoyed your 3 slice intro. Do you stagger the slices to avoid the comets hitting or is the 100 foot space from center enough to avoid any issue?

Mattp
10-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Nice job!!! .. especially for the time frame you setup in.. thats really not alot of time.. nice variety of effects too,, do you know what cake or shell shot those flash/bangs @ 1:09 and again @ 3:52???

Icooclast
10-11-2017, 09:18 AM
pretty good show. reminds me of a pro one, just with consumer fireworks. keep up the good work.

jbt68
10-11-2017, 12:22 PM
The slices weren't staggered in depth. Sometimes you want some overlap for those type of effects. That's what I wanted in this case, so the extra 50 feet on each side that I mentioned above would have eliminated the overlap! The solution would just have to be a couple more positions then.

chriskrc
10-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Nice show jbt68. That was put together nicely

PyroJoeNEPA
10-11-2017, 03:04 PM
Great job with your show Bryan. Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you there or help out. I was matching ground "devices" and then had all I could do to get my pumpkin busting event set up. I will try to link video of that here soon. It was indeed, a nightmare with the club trailer breaking down on us with half of the guns and all of my sound gear in it, our rooms being double booked [twice] etc!!!. We were just glad to get there!!! Add to that I had [still have] a severe chest cold--cough--oh, the life of a pyro. This was one of the weekends that will be talked about for years to come!!!

jbt68
10-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Great job with your show Bryan. Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you there or help out. I was matching ground "devices" and then had all I could do to get my pumpkin busting event set up. I will try to link video of that here soon. It was indeed, a nightmare with the club trailer breaking down on us with half of the guns and all of my sound gear in it, our rooms being double booked [twice] etc!!!. We were just glad to get there!!! Add to that I had [still have] a severe chest cold--cough--oh, the life of a pyro. This was one of the weekends that will be talked about for years to come!!!

An event for the ages indeed! Mr. Murphy was in all his glorious splendor last weekend! I look forward to seeing your video. Unfortunately I didn't have time to watch it at the time with all the show prep underway! I hope you're feeling better!

jbt68
10-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Nice job!!! .. especially for the time frame you setup in.. thats really not alot of time.. nice variety of effects too,, do you know what cake or shell shot those flash/bangs @ 1:09 and again @ 3:52???

Matt, the flash/booms were 1.75" salute shells. Snuck some 1.3 items in there. Good catch! :-)

Mattp
10-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Hahaha... nice!! I knew i never saw a 1.4 effect quite like that , and was really hoping there was one.. haha.. guess not