PDA

View Full Version : Shell order arrived today

MtnViewPyro
10-06-2017, 02:20 AM
I’ve been needing a pyro fix since the 4th so I bought a few different shells. I purchased grim reaper shells and sky titan shells from Dominator (I believe they are the same), jawbreaker, salute to the flag, and demon shells from Pyro Demon, and excals from world class. Unfortunately, it has not rained here in forever and there is a burn ban currently. So I’ve got these shells and can’t play with them yet :(

However, I can give a little review before shooting them. The Dominator shells came packaged extremely poorly. Several of the plastic shell holders that were stapled around the fiberglass tube apparently were stapled with an invisible staple cause they didn’t even have holes. Needless to say, you could see the shells got beat up during its journey from factory to me. The remaining shells all were packed the same way with a sleeve stapled and taped to cardboard slid over the tube. I guess Dominator took a cheaper route.

Another surprising find was the demon shells have the exact same “HDPE” tubes made famous by excals. One would think, a patent pending item by world class would only be used by world class. Unless, Pyro Demon is paying a royalty to use such item or one could also assume demon shells are excals with a new piece of paper.

It’s suppose to rain a few times next week and I will post a video. I will also shoot off a hellcat can by sky bacon and a 76 canister shell. Anyone else try any of the shells listed?

Kenny East
10-06-2017, 04:27 AM
There's a Chinese company that makes and sells hdpe tubes that look almost exactly like excal tubes. But they ship with the base not attached... Supposed to staple them on...
I've had demon shells, sky titan,reaper shells and of course Excalibur... Haven't gotten around to trying the jawbreaker shells. And I've never tried any sky bacon.

bigmike79
10-06-2017, 06:41 AM
I've had sky titan, demon, excals, and jaw breakers.....the jaw breakers I found were very good compared to excals and the demon shells.

Icooclast
10-06-2017, 07:28 AM
i know what it's like not to be able to play with your new toys. lol. the last time i bought fireworks i got them late feb. early march, and i wanted to wait till the fourth. and i made it. didn't light a single one of the new items. but i had small things left over, so we got rid of that first (was on the 3rd july) but i didn't light a single big thing or firecrackers that i had bought at the beginning of the year. don't know if i could wait if i were to do it again.

just be careful with the ones that weren't packed so good. who knows what could happen. i remember several years back one of our local prism fireworks stores had to issue a lot of refunds because some how their fireworks got wet and some even had mold on them. good thing i haven't bought much from them. (they're a way over priced and not really impressive, visually or otherwise) not worth the money or time.

i've had a few of the shells from 76, good shells. the ones i haven't had are the newer ones, like hellcat cans, etc. the only one i didn't like too much was the 12 break shells they used to have (mind you i'm talking a while ago) don't think they still have them, but i thought the last 6 breaks were a little too close to the tree-tops for my comfort. might be just my paranoia, but they just seemed to be close to a tree's tip that was on the property.