PDA

View Full Version : Hello From New Zealand

Corey S
09-30-2017, 12:44 AM
Hi all

Hello to everyone i'm new to the forum

Currently in a process of deciding the pyrotechnics training to attend in my country so i can become and approved handler.

I have loved Pyrotechnics for long time now finally deciding to do something about the passion.

In my country fireworks are very restricted you can only buy them 4 days of the year and theres many illegal fireworks as well like rockets and firecrackers and many others.

Thanks Corey

Kenny East
09-30-2017, 04:28 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk, what types of fireworks are legal in New Zealand?

Rick_In_Tampa
09-30-2017, 05:26 AM
If firecrackers are illegal, I'd hate to ask what is legal.

Welcome aboard Corey! Hope you find what you're looking for here.

chriskrc
09-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

jbt68
10-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Welcome aboard!

Corey S
10-05-2017, 04:48 AM
Hi all thanks for the welcome

sales of fireworks have become increasingly restricted in recent years. Skyrockets, and other fireworks where the firework itself flies, were banned in 1994. Firecrackers and Bangers were banned in 1993. As of 2007, sparklers may only be purchased no more than 50 at a time in packs with other fireworks. This is due to the popularity of sparkler bombs. Consumer grade fireworks are limited to 90 decibels

The types of fireworks available to the public are multi-shot "cakes", Roman candles, single shot shooters, ground and wall spinners, fountains, cones, sparklers, and various novelties, such as smoke bombs and pharaoh's serpents

Rick_In_Tampa
10-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Cory - Stupid question. Who do you buy from? Are you able to buy from companies outside of New Zealand?

I'd love to see any pictures and/or videos of your previous setup and shows.

Corey S
10-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Cory - Stupid question. Who do you buy from? Are you able to buy from companies outside of New Zealand?

I'd love to see any pictures and/or videos of your previous setup and shows.

Im currently trying to go for approved handlers license which allows access to level 1 of 3 levels of 1.3g product similar to a ATF License

I currently just do consumer grade displays for friends and family which i really don't have any videos or photos of them

We are allowed to purchase fireworks between the 2nd and 5th of November so i stock up then as our fireworks night is the 5th of november just like Britain

i wouldn't know if we are allowed to to import them at least consumers are not allowed

the only brand i buy is Bad Boys fireworks its a Shogun and Vulcan brand and is buy far the loudest in New Zealand for consumer grade

Abecoulternz22
10-06-2017, 03:08 AM
Im currently trying to go for approved handlers license which allows access to level 1 of 3 levels of 1.3g product similar to a ATF License

I currently just do consumer grade displays for friends and family which i really don't have any videos or photos of them

We are allowed to purchase fireworks between the 2nd and 5th of November so i stock up then as our fireworks night is the 5th of november just like Britain

i wouldn't know if we are allowed to to import them at least consumers are not allowed

the only brand i buy is Bad Boys fireworks its a Shogun and Vulcan brand and is buy far the loudest in New Zealand for consumer grade

call me on 022 3663 201 im based in Christchurch....ill help you get your licence