PDA

View Full Version : what is this effect?

Icooclast
09-29-2017, 07:15 AM
it is heard after the "boom" in the break. it sounds like how a bullet bouncing off things in a movie. and any history or facts to go with it would also be appreciated. i don't know what the effect is, but i like those cakes and (for me) that sound is annoying and almost ruins the cakes. this is the first time i remember cross this effect... does it appear much or is it rare (or perhaps my imagination or my speakers dying on me?)

here is the link:

https://www.76fireworks.com/MX114_Brothers_Choice

nayslayer
09-29-2017, 09:37 AM
I think its an echo that the video camera is picking up.

CMiller
09-29-2017, 11:09 AM
I'm willing to bet, there is a metal roof in the general area and it is an "echo" for a better term of the report off the roof.

MtnViewPyro
09-29-2017, 01:43 PM
I agree with the others. I've actually shot those cakes and that noise did not occur. I've watched almost all their videos lol, and there are actually a few with that sound. Like CMiller said, it's a metal roof or maybe the audience is sitting on metal bleachers.

PGH_Pyro
09-29-2017, 02:54 PM
yeah that's just echo/reverberation amidst the terrain or buildings/structures, nearby.

Kenny East
09-30-2017, 04:31 AM
Sounds like their shooting near some warehouses or other metal sided buildings. I get a similar sound when shooting at my local gun range... Due to the metal sided building behind the firing line.

Icooclast
09-30-2017, 02:47 PM
thanks for the info guys. i really liked these cakes and am relieved to know it's most likely just the location producing that annoying sound. lol. thanks again

Rick_In_Tampa
10-02-2017, 12:17 AM
am relieved to know it's most likely

Not a most likely. It's a definitely!!

Icooclast
10-02-2017, 01:21 AM
Not a most likely. It's a definitely!!

let's not argue over semantics, lol. thanks again everyone.

James76
10-02-2017, 03:48 PM
It looks like the case is already solved, but as the camera guy for this video I can confirm. We have a few metal buildings in close proximity to the shoot site and often hear that noise when breaks echo off the buildings.