PDA

View Full Version : it seems to me that crackle is the common favorite effects in the US

Icooclast
09-27-2017, 09:58 PM
what does everyone think of that? i know just about every time i look for fireworks, i come across a lot of them with crackle. seems like it must be the US' general favorite firework effect. what does every else think? i was thinking the the other day when i was looking at 500G cakes. seems like i came across a lot of cracle. (not that i don't like crackle, just making an observation)

MtnViewPyro
09-27-2017, 11:05 PM
It's actually frustrating. My first show last year is prime example of having too much crackle at certain points in the show. A lot of cool cakes out there that end in crackle and that's ok when having a few cakes for a little handlight show but when you have 20+ and half end in crackle, not so good. My show next year will have mostly Pro line cakes for matching color and effects. I will have 200-500 gram cakes from your normal manufacturers as well but will ensure very little crackle. However, if anyone wants really good crackle, get a 350 gram cake called Attack by Brothers.

WithReport
09-27-2017, 11:57 PM
If you know they finish with crackle cut into the cake and cut the fuse for the last row(s). I did this for one of my shows. I cut the fuse and fired only certain portions of the cake and different times. You could save all the ending crackles for the very end of your show. It is a bit of work, but may be worth it.

Kenny East
09-28-2017, 03:20 AM
Crackle or strobing... Probably the most common, but some brands are better than others about variety of effects.

BillRoss
09-28-2017, 05:55 AM
I do think that the crackle effect is overdone. But that may be because I don't care for it. I find it unnerving. But I do love a good whistle effect.

RalphieJ
09-28-2017, 01:33 PM
It is dramatic, but it's probably the cheapest effect to manufacture....I don't know....

PGH_Pyro
09-28-2017, 04:41 PM
i love crackle. the more obnoxious crackling, the better.
:o

PyroJoeNEPA
09-28-2017, 05:35 PM
When I am shopping for cakes from the vendors at our club shoots I always ask--"What to you have WITHOUT reports or crackle".
Hard to find nice cakes all one color or effect. They are out there, for sure, just have to do some selective shopping. When you want to build on colors and effects there is a lot you can do once you "loose the crackle". Don't get me wrong--I use it--just hate to see EVERY cake having the last 5 shots all at once & crackle.
Like WithReport said you could do "selective surgery" on certain cakes. Certainly an option.
And don't misconstrue what I said about "no reports". Anyone that knows me will confirm I am as big [if not bigget] a
thump junkie" as the next guy!

Icooclast
09-28-2017, 10:10 PM
don't get me wrong guys, i like crackle, too. i just don't see why most cakes have to have it. after a while it's like a broken record, you just get bored with it. as they say with frequent exposure to some things: it numbs you. crackle is good, but i think it is used to much. i like whistling though. can't find many cakes that have that. and i also like comets and tails, seems hard to find that too.

Kenny East
09-29-2017, 03:01 AM
I don't care for whistle effects, but i love comet tail cakes... Used a full case of comet to report cakes in my last show. I enjoy crackling when it's paired with reports... Don't want it stepping on nicer effects.

jbt68
09-29-2017, 10:31 AM
When I am shopping for cakes from the vendors at our club shoots I always ask--"What to you have WITHOUT reports or crackle".
Hard to find nice cakes all one color or effect. They are out there, for sure, just have to do some selective shopping. When you want to build on colors and effects there is a lot you can do once you "loose the crackle". Don't get me wrong--I use it--just hate to see EVERY cake having the last 5 shots all at once & crackle.
Like WithReport said you could do "selective surgery" on certain cakes. Certainly an option.
And don't misconstrue what I said about "no reports". Anyone that knows me will confirm I am as big [if not bigget] a
thump junkie" as the next guy!

Amen to that Joe!

tinymagget
10-04-2017, 10:10 PM
bit of work its lots and lots of work!!!

tinymagget
10-04-2017, 10:17 PM
not a crackle fan ....I put all of them on as many boards that it takes. use all at some point in The Show...

rocket_lover
10-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Crackling finale seems to be the standard of consumer cakes all over the world nowadays. I actually like (massive!) crackling but my interest has been decaying over the years because of this standard finales. Why not use whistling and/or strobe more often instead? :)
My guess is that for an average family that only celebrates 4th in ths US, or like here in Sweden - the new years eve, a crackling finale is really spectacular sompared to anything else.