PDA

View Full Version : New racks

LightningPhil
08-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Just hauled in 100 brand spankin new orange tubes from off the front porch. Now is the time over the next few months to start making some racks. I plan on making a bunch of 8 or 10 shots and then using those to make multiples. My original plan was 10s but when I got to thinking about how my favorite shells come packed 48 per box,(excals ofc) 8s seemed to make a bit more sense. Its not that big of deal either way cause I dont mind doing the carpentry to make a few more 8s, but on the other hand 10s might be easier to store. So what do you guys like to use for straight consumer racks 8s or 10s?

Palermitano2
08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
I personaly like 20 shot racks it doesnt matter to me ho many come in a box I just fill away...lol....but i see the meaning of your plan.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Personally, I like 10 shot racks. Small, easy to carry & easy to screw together to make multiples in any configuration. I like using 5 racks of 10 for a fan, and shooting "flights" of 5 shells at a time-looks nice & fills the sky up real nice and wide. It seems a waste to have all your shells breaking on top of each other--Break down is simple-screw gun & done!

Pyro Nation
08-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Im in between.... I like to have some larger ones like a 40 or 30 shot rack for the finale time frame.... Heavy, but what I like..other than that I prefer the 20 shot

LightningPhil
08-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I think Ill probably go with 10s and put multiples together for some 20 30 and 50. After I shoot em a few times I will figure out if I want different configurations, and then i can make those afterwards. The tubes dropped in price a bit for the off season, but im waiting for maybe a free shipping opportunity this winter so I can pick up 100 more or so. Then all i need is a firing system and I Almost popped on ordering a cobra, but I think I will wait til later this year.

pyro man 205
08-22-2011, 10:59 PM
when i started making my racks 6 years ago i did some 10s, 20s. but thean i did 5 shot racks, i put 3 racks of 5s together to make a 15 shot rack. easy to carry and work with. i set up the racks 15 at a time and fuse them works great. but each to there own what ever works for you. when i put my racks away i take the sides off and stack them. space is my thing not a lot of it to store my racks.

indianahx
08-23-2011, 09:48 AM
I have 20 10-shot racks....12 or more just would be unnecessary for me and any smaller just wouldn't fit my taste....enjoy the building

dangbang
08-23-2011, 12:13 PM
i got some 25 shot rack that aren't to heavy and are basic 5x5 . i bud of mine has some 60 shot racks that are 5x12 . mine don't come apart were his dose . i plain on building some more here soon also . hopefully some of those 60s , they just look so nice .

LightningPhil
08-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I like that idea about the 5 shot. Might do something like that for reloading especially cause I need something quick for Labor Day and I know I wont have any of the bigger ones ready by then. Just got the fuse today that I ordered along with the tubes, so now I have incentive to get building. Wish I had a lot of leftovers from the 4th, but I guess what I do have is plenty for Labor Day.