PDA

View Full Version : My New Toy

MtnViewPyro
09-19-2017, 02:20 PM
This arrived in the mail today. 96 channels and nice little control desk. I dealt directly with the seller in China and got a really good deal. They advertise a 48 channel but I wanted more room and they worked out a deal with me for the extra channels. I know it's not a Cobra or other higher level system but consider last year I used a small 12 channel system with little remote. I went with this because it has 96 channels, up to 1200, very cheap, if one receiver malfunctions or I drop it, just a few $ will replace it, and I'm not a pyromusical guy yet. When I stop paying for college tuition I will look into a cobra or other higher level system. I'm excited to play with this, now it just needs to rain a little.

PGHBoom
09-19-2017, 03:07 PM
Looks the same as the system I got from PYROBOOM. It is a simple system to use and configure. My only suggestion is getting a different case to store the modules. I got this one from Harbor Freight.

PYRODAN
09-19-2017, 05:11 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase!

displayfireworks1
09-20-2017, 07:18 AM
Most uses of the higher end firing systems usually start out with an import system then advance into a Cobra or FireTEK etc.

Spiritof76
09-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Have fun!!!!

chriskrc
09-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Nice purchase can't wait to see a video of it in action

ProfessorPyro
09-20-2017, 06:20 PM
I have one of these systems as well and I know the struggle of college tuition. I am in the same boat as you right now, but hope that in the next year or two I can upgrade to a Cobra system. Have fun with your new system :)

PyroDre
09-21-2017, 11:35 AM
wish we could get some special pricing on cobra for the site

wouldn't that be awesome LOL

MtnViewPyro
09-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Looks the same as the system I got from PYROBOOM. It is a simple system to use and configure. My only suggestion is getting a different case to store the modules. I got this one from Harbor Freight.

Yeah that looks nice. You ever come up with an idea for the receivers out in the field? Last year with my little 12 channel, my receivers got rather wet from the dew and covered in residue from the fireworks. They still work like a charm but I'm sure if that happens every use they would begin to have issues.

MtnViewPyro
09-22-2017, 01:52 PM
I have one of these systems as well and I know the struggle of college tuition. I am in the same boat as you right now, but hope that in the next year or two I can upgrade to a Cobra system. Have fun with your new system :)

How do you like the system? I should be graduating by the end of the year. Should is the key word. I'm working on my dissertation and it always seems the next 8 week course will be the last. I have been saying that for a year now lol.

MtnViewPyro
09-22-2017, 02:04 PM
Nice purchase can't wait to see a video of it in action

Thanks. I'm excited for sure. It is so dry where I live so I haven't been able to play with it like I would like :( Once I get a little rain and I'm also waiting for a shipment of some new canister shells I want to try out, I will post a video on here.

MtnViewPyro
09-22-2017, 02:07 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase!

Thanks Dan. This will get me closer to the intro you and I discussed privately. Definitely opens up many options more than the little 12 channel I used last year.

MtnViewPyro
09-22-2017, 02:10 PM
wish we could get some special pricing on cobra for the site

wouldn't that be awesome LOL

That would be awesome. I know someone mentioned to me that they do provide a sale at the end of the year but still above my price range currently.

Rocketshooter
09-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Yeah that looks nice. You ever come up with an idea for the receivers out in the field? Last year with my little 12 channel, my receivers got rather wet from the dew and covered in residue from the fireworks. They still work like a charm but I'm sure if that happens every use they would begin to have issues.

Use cheap sandwich bags, they will protect from moisture and residue and are easily applied and removed.

PGHBoom
09-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Used small screws to attach tupperware containers to cheap stakes. Velcro modules to tupperware container. Cur slot in bowl for wires to pass. Snap on lid. you can see the continuity lights through the lid at night. Snip wires at end of night, pull out of ground and store in garage till morning.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2703&stc=1

PGHBoom
09-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Used small screws to attach tupperware containers to cheap stakes. Velcro modules to tupperware container. Cur slot in bowl for wires to pass. Snap on lid. you can see the continuity lights through the lid at night. Snip wires at end of night, pull out of ground and store in garage till morning.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2704&stc=1

Icooclast
09-27-2017, 09:51 PM
This arrived in the mail today. 96 channels and nice little control desk. I dealt directly with the seller in China and got a really good deal. They advertise a 48 channel but I wanted more room and they worked out a deal with me for the extra channels. I know it's not a Cobra or other higher level system but consider last year I used a small 12 channel system with little remote. I went with this because it has 96 channels, up to 1200, very cheap, if one receiver malfunctions or I drop it, just a few $ will replace it, and I'm not a pyromusical guy yet. When I stop paying for college tuition I will look into a cobra or other higher level system. I'm excited to play with this, now it just needs to rain a little.

i am looking at buying the same thing if everything goes right for me and i am able to get fireworks next year. let me know how it works for you

MtnViewPyro
09-27-2017, 10:54 PM
i am looking at buying the same thing if everything goes right for me and i am able to get fireworks next year. let me know how it works for you

Well hope your able to get fireworks regardless of what you get for firing system. Everyone needs fireworks haha. I will be posting a video on the system eventually, just been to dry to shoot stuff off.

PYRODAN
09-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Hey Mtnviewpyro, shoot me a pm if you need a hand with that intro. I have 3 or 4 ideas I am mulling over for next year. Have to make sure we don't do the exact same thing, how embarrassing would that be!

MtnViewPyro
09-28-2017, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=PGHBoom;49279]Used small screws to attach tupperware containers to cheap stakes. Velcro modules to tupperware container. Cur slot in bowl for wires to pass. Snap on lid. you can see the continuity lights through the lid at night. Snip wires at end of night, pull out of ground and store in garage till morning.

PGHBoom,

Awesome idea and pics. Thanks a ton!!!

MtnViewPyro
09-28-2017, 11:39 PM
Hey Mtnviewpyro, shoot me a pm if you need a hand with that intro. I have 3 or 4 ideas I am mulling over for next year. Have to make sure we don't do the exact same thing, how embarrassing would that be!

Haha yeah that wouldn't be good. I will send you message.