PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Question

TylerBarnett
08-24-2017, 11:31 PM
Hey guys,

I have a consumer show (first show ever) coming up and I'm thinking about fusing...

I'll be fusing the shells visco fuse to super quick fuse (from Pyroboom) using kraft tape. Now, in the past I like everyone else I've seen will place the two fuses side-by-side and tape them together. Do you think I'd have better ignition on a fuse if I WRAPPED/TWISTED the visco around the super quick fuse and then tape it?

Very curious to see what you guys say.

Thanks.

-Tyler

Rick_In_Tampa
08-25-2017, 01:07 AM
I zip tie the mortar fuse to the quickfuse and then I use Dave's magic tape to cover over the zip ties. I think the tape helps keep the fire in and pass it to the mortar fuse. I don't know that twisting it around the visco and taping it is any better/worse. Just seems it would be more time consuming.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2667&stc=1

My $0.02.

Kenny East
08-25-2017, 04:19 AM
If you're using a very fast fuse, i would suggest that you run two strands of quick fuse for each chain. Depending on the brand of shells you have, some are harder to pass fire to..the second chain fuse just adds a bit more fire at each connection. Either tape or zip ties to secure each connection. As for twisting or wrapping the shell leader fuse around the chain fuse, I've done that to add a little delay without having to trim excess fuse off the shells. Wouldn't hurt but it will take longer to set up

chriskrc
08-25-2017, 06:55 AM
Agree with Rick and Kenny add a second fuse and just tape them , it would take more time to wrap them and may or may not even help.

TylerBarnett
08-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, really helps! I think I'm going to experiment a bit with the fusing. If there's any interesting changes I'll follow up.

Thanks!

topshelfpyro
08-25-2017, 04:11 PM
When you tape sprinkle a little BP or pyrodex in there. You will not have any ignition problems.....